PDA

View Full Version : Funny comment

australia
September 1st 03, 11:37 PM
I was performing at an alternative transport festival on the weekend. I
was alternating between riding a 20" uni and my penny farthing.

When I was riding the penny farthing a small child shouted to her mum
"Wow, look at that!"

to which the mother replied in knowing tones "That's a funny bike, isn't
it? It's called a unicycle."

It made me laugh - I didn't feel like correcting her so I kept on
pedalling.

Wayne van Wijk

p.s. on the down side, I let someone ride the penny farthing after the
gig and he did the wrong thing and broke the wheel. OUCH!

--
australia - Lazy Unicyclist
australia's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2323

Naomi
September 2nd 03, 12:00 AM
"australia" > wrote in message
> When I was riding the penny farthing a small child shouted to her mum
> "Wow, look at that!"
>
> to which the mother replied in knowing tones "That's a funny bike, isn't
> it? It's called a unicycle."

Just this last weekend an over ambitious and mathematically challenged
teenager [Aren't they all? ;-) ] pointed at the 5 foot giraffe and
asked
"Can I have a go on your tricycle?"

Naomi

daino149
September 2nd 03, 06:05 AM
I've had my uni's be called bikes many times, but I've never heard
someone call a bike a unicycle. Congradulations.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

johnfoss
September 2nd 03, 11:14 PM
daino149 wrote:
> *I've had my uni's be called bikes many times, but I've never heard
> someone call a bike a unicycle. *
Happens all the time on eBay. Do a search for "unicycl*" and you'll
usually get at least one item where the seller is describing a penny
farthing (usually in a trinket, not the real thing), which clearly has
two wheels, as a unicycle. Duh.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

GILD
September 4th 03, 09:40 AM

seems like the 'comment' (http://tinyurl.com/m6wo) of the season

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave