PDA

View Full Version : Another great Muni ride...

chirokid
September 3rd 03, 07:51 AM
I went for a 30 minute, late night, ride this evening. I continue to be
amazed what my new Muni allows me to accomplish.

First, let me say, riding at night is a challenge. There are many bumps
and holes that you don't see, therefore reactions must be super quick or
your number of UPD's rise greatly. My UPD #'s skyrocketed tonight!

My greatest accomplishment tonight: I went 7 of 8 on "Jump Mounts." In
the past, I have never had the nerve to try a jump mount. Several times
over the last couple of months I have stood behind my old 24" Schwinn
and thought about trying to jump mount, but then I would remember how
much I dislike crutches and emergency rooms.

Tonight, my new KH seat, with HANDLE, seemed to just say, "Jump on me",
so I did! I hit the first two attempts. Missed the 3rd, then hit the
next 5 mounts. I was so excited. This may be a really easy mount for
most of you, but I was so excited to realize I now have a new mount. My
girls are going to have to get practicing. Ol' Dad has got a new trick
up his sleeve.

Next, I decided to try a 180 jump mount. Then, I quickly remembered how
much I dislike crutches and Emerg... :D I even momentarily considered a
"Suicide Mount", but did not attempt if for the same reason.

I then rode up and down the curb about 10 times. Only one UPD in the
bunch, but it was a great one. The kind you quickly look around to see
if anyone was looking while you simultaneously pray that no one saw you.

Last, I hopped like a 20 year old. Well, maybe a fat 40 year old, but
it was great hopping for this feller. I hopped in one place for 10
hops, several times. Then I hopped forward for 6 hops, 2 different
times. Then I hopped back and forth over the centerline of the rode,
that was really cool (no traffic, late night, country road). I am
getting very little height out of my hops, but I assume with practice, I
will soon be able to leap tall building in a single bound.

All in all, it was a short but extremely fun ride. I learned a couple
of new tricks, and look forward to tomorrows ride already. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

chirokid
September 3rd 03, 04:08 PM
Well said Carjug. I couldn't agree more. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

treepotato
September 3rd 03, 09:25 PM
'midnight muni' sounds great! (even though you probably didn't go at
midnight it sounds better than something like 9 o' clock muni!)

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

chirokid
September 4th 03, 02:34 AM
treepotato wrote:
> *'midnight muni' sounds great! (even though you probably didn't go at
> midnight it sounds better than something like 9 o' clock muni!) *

Hi TreePotato: I called this ride a "late night ride", not a midnight
ride. This ride started at 11:00 PM and ended at 11:35 PM.

However, my previous post was a true Midnight ride. I left my house at
12:00 Midnight and returned at 12:55 AM. It is so much fun riding at
night, the kids are all asleep, and the air is lots cooler at midnight
than at 12 Noon. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home