PDA

View Full Version : Re: Have a look at my site!

Mojoe
September 4th 03, 05:47 AM
I like it! Great web site. Can't wait to see you got coming.

Why not just host it for free at unicyclist.com??

cheers... Joe
http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

--
Mojoe - The Muni Militia

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

James
September 4th 03, 06:11 AM
good question, the reason is that i didn't want to use unicyclist.com
bandwidth while i am still developing it, i know the amount my site will
use it little but to me it makes a difference, once its finished i will
probably get a domain name and host it on unicyclist.com

there are a couple of things im also going to change on the site, the
"news" section is going and i will have something there explaining what
unisin is all about and my project and there will be a links section in
there too so i can promote other unicycling sites!

Anyway can anyone spot the hidden thing on the second page? :cool:

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Rowan
September 4th 03, 06:18 AM
[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/pc/78.gif] *james' site*

::*The opening picture's quality is pretty
terrible, it's all blurry and out of focus... who was the cameraman? The
profile pictures are all blurry too, you'd think with 4 megapixels you
could achieve a bit more clarity. Ben's profile is lacking too, he
hasn't written one yet. Over all, it's not too bad. I especially like in
the media section how you made the photo gallery. It is a pity only a
couple of the photos show. I agree with Mojoe, get Unicyclist.com to
host it. 50megsfree is a stink sounding name compared to Unicyclist.com,
it's just a matter of waiting for Gilby to authorise you. Nice work so
far James!

P.S. The hidden thing sucks and is not worth looking for.*::

| Attachment filename: error.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/160298|

Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

James
September 4th 03, 06:30 AM
lol

thats pritty typical of you istn't it :P

first you know thats not the hidden thing :P

second you know i blured the picture on the profiles :P

third the front pic looks cool! (i didn't take that photo i was filming
it)

forth.........ok there isn't a forth!

fifth the page not found thing is a problem i have with the galarie
thing i made that i need to sort out, well ihavn't done anything about
it but will someday lol

at the moment thought its jus there for people to see the layout and
have a look :D

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Rowan
September 4th 03, 06:48 AM
[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/pc/lam.gif] *the hidden
thing*

::*What is not the hidden thing? I did not attempt
to reveal the hidden thing, I just let people know that it's lame and if
they do see it, it will be a disappointment, because James has gone and
made too much fanfare about it. Typical James, who claims to have a
strong background in computers, has not yet located either shift key and
completed an entire post in lower case. Are you sure your IQ is in the
top 0.2 percent of New Zealanders James? The front video captured
picture would look cooler if you weren't suffering from nicotine induced
withdrawl shakes at the time you were filming. [image:
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/rauchen/150.gif]*::

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

James
September 4th 03, 06:58 AM
meh who needs a shift key?

btw, i think the hidden thing is cool

btw, i can do that computer thing tomorow for you if you want

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

tugboat
September 4th 03, 10:11 PM
is the hidden thing where it says "just a space" when you hilight it?

nice site by the way, Kevin

--
tugboat - crazy unier
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

James
September 4th 03, 11:39 PM
see, it was kind of cool aye? come on! tell me it was cool!!!

PLEASE :D

Also any segestions would be apreciated

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

tugboat
September 5th 03, 02:04 AM
definitely a very cool thing to hide. i saw one that said "bill put this
here!! hahaha" when you hilgihted it. that one made me laugh.

see ya, Kevin

--
tugboat - crazy unier
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

Gilby
September 5th 03, 02:10 AM
James wrote:
> *the reason is that i didn't want to use unicyclist.com bandwidth*

Don't worry about it, I have plenty of bandwidth for unicyclist.com and
that is what the free webspace is meant for, to encourage people to
create unicycling content and put it on the web.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

James
September 5th 03, 10:23 AM
cool

another thing is does anyone know what the max file size on the server
is?

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

GizmoDuck
September 6th 03, 04:00 AM
James wrote:
> *see, it was kind of cool aye? come on! tell me it was cool!!!
> PLEASE :D
> *

It's cool :p

I like it.

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

"I'll be there with bells on!"
Tony on the NZUni weekend

"right thats it im dressing up like a woman!"
James on the NZuni weekend

"If not for a weird inner ear condition that prevents me from crossing
the equator, I'd be there too."
JJuggle- the most original excuse not to attend the NZUni weekend

"At least if someone hurts themselves, Ken should be able to fix them up
with brain surgery on the spot if he brings a scalpel and some
bandages."
Rowan- on my surgical skills

TonyMelton
September 6th 03, 01:06 PM
Cool site James! I liked it, too.

Looking forward to when the video section is working properly!

I'm interested to know how Rowan's KH saddle was broken. Sounds like
there's a story to be told there... :p

James did manage to find the shift key to type smilies blowing
raspberries, though. :_P

Tony

--
TonyMelton - NZUNi

The first NZUNi Weekend - October 25-27, Wellington. More info at
'www.unicycle.co.nz' (http://www.unicycle.co.nz)

New videos in 'My Photo Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10)
added on 22nd July.

TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

joe
September 6th 03, 01:22 PM
Well, I woundnt say it is cool!

Its ok.

Only one pic works in the gallery, and the videos dont work.

The other pics you got on there arent very good either. What was the
point in 'editing' them like that? It would look much better if you have
put GOOD pictures up!

And why did you tell everyone about your site now? You could have waited
untill you knew that everything, or most things worked, and then people
would get a better impression!

One last thing, the URL sucks, big time! I would change it if I were
you! You could even make a unicyclist.com one, which will redirect, so
you can keep it on that server, but the address people enter will be
cooler! (I have mine redirected to my site, which is hosted by
Geocities)

I hope to see it again when it is finished.... Good luck,

Joe
'Cool.Unicyclist.Com' (http://www.cool.unicyclist.com)

--
joe - Hockey Head

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

joe
September 6th 03, 03:37 PM
Rowan wrote:
> *The KH seat fits on the Kinport rail adapter, so I would have been
> able to test it with a bit of tilt*

How far can you tilt it? I would have thought it was tilted enough
normally.

Anyone who has done this..... What is it like?

Joe,

--
joe - Hockey Head

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Rowan
September 6th 03, 04:18 PM
joe wrote:
> *Well, I woundnt say it is cool!
>
> Its ok.
>
> Only one pic works in the gallery, and the videos dont work.
>
> The other pics you got on there arent very good either. What was the
> point in 'editing' them like that? It would look much better if you
> have put GOOD pictures up!
>
> And why did you tell everyone about your site now? You could have
> waited untill you knew that everything, or most things worked, and
> then people would get a better impression!*

Two pictures worked when I checked, still not all of them but it's
better than one. With the blurry thing, I think James started with a
picture of himself that was out of focus, and he blurred it a whole heap
more to make it look like it was supposed to be like that. He also
blurred the pictures of me and Ben to make them look similar, and I
suspect he thinks it looks cool too. The idea was to have the blurry
ones for the menu, but when you click on it for the profile it is
supposed to change to a clearer picture. Stuff like that hasn't been
done yet but there is potential. I think James told everyone about his
site now to get some positive feedback. Since people have given him some
compliments about his work I think it will help motivate him to continue
work on it. I agree with you about the URL too Joe, it does suck. Unisin
isn't even spelled correctly in the URL, and his Unisin video preview
thing doesn't even feature due to the restriction on bandwidth.

joe wrote:
> *How far can you tilt it? I would have thought it was tilted enough
> normally. *
It is almost tilted enough normally. I am no expert on seat tilt, but I
have noticed some rediculously high tilted seats before in some gallery
photos. It is a matter of personal preference. I have the Thomson
seatpost on backwards to allow the tilt to go up at the front, since
bike seats tilt down at the front due to their backwards sloping
seatposts. I can tilt it way further than I need to, and I tried it like
that and didn't like it. It helps you to sit weighted on the wide back
part of the seat, instead of gravitating towards the narrow center. With
too much tilt, the front of the seat pushes your reproductive organs
upwards uncomfortably. I like the slight tilt because it changes the
angle of the handle, making it stick upwards in a position which is good
for grabbing hold of.

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

James
September 7th 03, 12:47 AM
Don't worry it takes alot more than that to offend me. I know the URL
sux but as i have previously said its only temp, when the site is
completed it will be on www.unisin.org The site is only about 50% done.
I work on it most days but it won't be finished for about 2 weeks. The
pics i think look pritty good and yes rowan is right when i have done
some more work when you click on the blured pic it will open into a
clear one. indeed the url sux! trust me i know! but in saying that its
only temporary and the reason for putting it up here is for segestions.
I asked for some and you gave me some, its great!

Thanks for pointing out the problem with the pics i will look into that
today sometime after going for a ride.

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Rowan
September 7th 03, 06:39 AM
James wrote:
> *Thanks for pointing out the problem with the pics i will look into
> that today sometime after going for a ride. *

Yeah right! James is all talk and no ride. We had plans to go up the
mountain, and James believed the weather people who predicted hail and
winds. Looking up there the clouds were not especially black, and it
would have probably been an awesome day of riding in the snow before it
melts for the spring. James told me he was keen to go out to Mangamahoe
for a ride, and that he would just organise some people to come along
and then ring me back. I went to all the trouble of changing my 145mm
cranks to the 170mm ones. It was very difficult to get one of them off,
as the bearing puller kept slipping and pulling the paint off instead of
the crank (even with duct tape on it). I finally got it off and I was in
a hurry to get it together, and I was stupid enough to put my left 145mm
one on instead of the right 170mm crank. The pedal refused to screw in,
and I was thinking it was something wrong with the thread, until I took
the crank off and realised there was no ground off spider bit, so it
must be a lefty. I finally got the pedal on the right crank, and rung
James to see what was happening. He had already left to go visiting
someone in Stratford for the afternoon, not even letting me know he was
piking out as usual. Typical James, always says he is keen to go riding
and filming, and manages to whimp out at the last minute. I am getting
used to it because this is not the first time. I know I should not rely
on other people since the same thing happens when I try to plan mountain
tramping trips, but it is disappointing when someone says one thing and
does another. The moral of the story... never trust James.
[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/tier/megaball.gif]

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

joe
September 7th 03, 10:33 AM
lol

--
joe - Hockey Head

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

rusty
September 7th 03, 11:22 AM
When will the videos be available? I can't wait.

--
rusty
rusty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3601

Rowan
September 7th 03, 08:34 PM
Do not hold your breath, it could be a while. We haven't done any
filming in ages unless James has been filming himself.
[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/uhr/cursorsmile2.gif]
I got thrown on a carpentry course, and Ben has been doing work
experience at a bar, so it is not only James' fault that we haven't been
going for rides together. Sometimes it's the weather, and sometimes Ben
sleeps in, and stuff does come up I guess.

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

TonyMelton
September 7th 03, 11:02 PM
Rowan- It sounds like you got one of the first generation KH saddles.
These were a lot more flexible than the second lot that came out.

--
TonyMelton - NZUNi

The first NZUNi Weekend - October 25-27, Wellington. More info at
'www.unicycle.co.nz' (http://www.unicycle.co.nz)

New videos in 'My Photo Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10)
added on 22nd July.

TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118