PDA

View Full Version : OT - Halloween for your car

Stephen Baker
October 25th 03, 10:06 PM
Hi, all.
This site just got passed around a VW group. THe teeth are mostly for Miata's
(Mazda MX5 to you Euros) but some will fit other cars.
http://www.auto-expressions.com/teeth.htm

Enjoy ;-)

Steve

Dave W
October 26th 03, 12:11 AM
> Hi, all.
> This site just got passed around a VW group. THe teeth are mostly for
> Miata's (Mazda MX5 to you Euros) but some will fit other cars.
> http://www.auto-expressions.com/teeth.htm
>
> Enjoy ;-)
>
> Steve

Pretty cool. But my car tends to bite me enough WITHOUT all the teeth....
So I have no need.

Dave (the only way a Miata can have any teeth?)

miles todd
October 26th 03, 01:33 AM
Dave W wrote:

> Dave (the only way a Miata can have any teeth?)

I don't know about that. There's a shop here in town called "Monster
Miatas" that drops worked Ford v-8 small-blocks into them. Some of them
are reported at well over 400 horsepower... I'd say that's plenty of teeth.

Miles

Dave W
October 26th 03, 01:03 AM

> Dave W wrote:
>

>> Dave (the only way a Miata can have any teeth?)
>
> I don't know about that. There's a shop here in town called "Monster
> Miatas" that drops worked Ford v-8 small-blocks into them. Some of
> them are reported at well over 400 horsepower... I'd say that's
> plenty of teeth.
>
> Miles

Yeah, I'd say so. but at what cost? I had a buddy shoe horn a 389 in a
pinto in high school. Always begged the obvious question...why?

Dave (but it would SCREAM though)

Stephen Baker
October 26th 03, 02:12 AM
Miles says:

>I don't know about that. There's a shop here in town called "Monster
>Miatas" that drops worked Ford v-8 small-blocks into them. Some of them
>are reported at well over 400 horsepower... I'd say that's plenty of teeth.

Didn't they work over a Ford Focus with a similar implant? Or was that someone
else with a good sensayuma? outside of it looked totally stock, unless you
checked out the tires.....

miles todd
October 26th 03, 04:49 AM
Stephen Baker wrote:

> Miles says:
>

>>I don't know about that. There's a shop here in town called "Monster
>>Miatas" that drops worked Ford v-8 small-blocks into them. Some of them
>>are reported at well over 400 horsepower... I'd say that's plenty of teeth.
>>

> Didn't they work over a Ford Focus with a similar implant? Or was that someone
> else with a good sensayuma? outside of it looked totally stock, unless you
> checked out the tires.....

That's the funny thing about monsterized Miatas- they beef up the
springs so the ride height is stock. Wide tires do look a little od,
though.

Stephen Baker
October 26th 03, 02:37 PM
Miles says:

>That's the funny thing about monsterized Miatas- they beef up the
>springs so the ride height is stock. Wide tires do look a little od,
>though.

Heheheh... How do they handle with the extra weight up front?

Steve

MPD Blue
October 26th 03, 03:13 PM
Dave W wrote:

> Dave (the only way a Miata can have any teeth?)

I've driven against some Miata's in Auto-X
Believe me, they can bite.

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Dave W
October 26th 03, 03:40 PM

> Dave W wrote:
>

>> Dave (the only way a Miata can have any teeth?)
>
> I've driven against some Miata's in Auto-X
> Believe me, they can bite.

yeabut it's still a MIATA. The Corvair was thought to be a good idea
too.....Where's NADER when you really need him.

Dave (kick a Miata' tires and it'll end up across the parking lot.

> --
> John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
> http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

miles todd
October 26th 03, 04:52 PM
Stephen Baker wrote:

> Miles says:
>

>>That's the funny thing about monsterized Miatas- they beef up the
>>springs so the ride height is stock. Wide tires do look a little od,
>>though.
>

> Heheheh... How do they handle with the extra weight up front?
>
> Steve

Beefy front springs. Better shocks.

Miles

P e t e F a g e r l i n
October 26th 03, 05:15 PM
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:52:22 GMT, miles todd >
wrote:

>Stephen Baker wrote:
>
>> Miles says:
>>

>>>That's the funny thing about monsterized Miatas- they beef up the
>>>springs so the ride height is stock. Wide tires do look a little
od,
>>>though.
>>

>> Heheheh... How do they handle with the extra weight up front?
>>
>> Steve
>
>Beefy front springs. Better shocks.

The handling change would still be quite noticable since the the
weight distribution would be drastically changed.

P e t e F a g e r l i n
October 26th 03, 05:18 PM
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:40:52 -0000, Dave W > wrote:

>> Dave W wrote:
>>

>>> Dave (the only way a Miata can have any teeth?)
>>
>> I've driven against some Miata's in Auto-X
>> Believe me, they can bite.
>
>yeabut it's still a MIATA. The Corvair was thought to be a good idea
>too.....Where's NADER when you really need him.
>
>Dave (kick a Miata' tires and it'll end up across the parking lot.

Dave, your love of mulletmobiles is coloring your thinking (and I use
that term VERY loosely) once again.

Miatas are a very competive momentum cars that regularly spank heavier
more powerful cars at the track.

They are also a highly competive spec class all to their own.

Less Dukes of Hazard and more real driving experience might (big "if"
here) make you less prone to posting such tripe.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home