PDA

View Full Version : Ashes to Ashes

JD
October 27th 03, 03:42 PM
I've had just about as much SoCal fun as I can stand. Thanks to the
local pyromaniacs, I've been breathing fire ash the last few days,
except for Friday. Miles and Sorni missed out on a great run on the
SART on Friday. Hemo and I got in just under the wire because the San
Bernardino National Forest was closed Saturday to all backcountry use.
It sure was nice buzzing up and down that killer singletrack and
having it all to ourselves. I think I'll stop at Stucki Springs on
the way back to GJ today, go for a rippin ride and then scarf a big
barbacoa burrito at Cafe Rio in St George.

JD looking forward to fresh air

Bill Porter
October 27th 03, 04:11 PM
On 27 Oct 2003 07:42:02 -0800, (JD) wrote:

>I've had just about as much SoCal fun as I can stand. Thanks to the
>local pyromaniacs, I've been breathing fire ash the last few days,
>except for Friday. Miles and Sorni missed out on a great run on the
>SART on Friday. Hemo and I got in just under the wire because the San
>Bernardino National Forest was closed Saturday to all backcountry use.
> It sure was nice buzzing up and down that killer singletrack and
>having it all to ourselves. I think I'll stop at Stucki Springs on
>the way back to GJ today, go for a rippin ride and then scarf a big
>barbacoa burrito at Cafe Rio in St George.
>
>JD looking forward to fresh air

Glad to here you got in some good riding in our lowly SOCAL
elevations. That is certainly a good trail to SS on. Did you guys do
the Post Office to South Fork Campground and back section? I have
not ventured past the the campground and wondering what lies beyond.

Bill "Got a Fire Day Off" Porter
www.mountainbikebill.com

JD
October 28th 03, 07:13 PM
(Bill Porter) wrote in message >...
> On 27 Oct 2003 07:42:02 -0800, (JD) wrote:
>
> >I've had just about as much SoCal fun as I can stand. Thanks to the
> >local pyromaniacs, I've been breathing fire ash the last few days,
> >except for Friday. Miles and Sorni missed out on a great run on the
> >SART on Friday. Hemo and I got in just under the wire because the San
> >Bernardino National Forest was closed Saturday to all backcountry use.
> > It sure was nice buzzing up and down that killer singletrack and
> >having it all to ourselves. I think I'll stop at Stucki Springs on
> >the way back to GJ today, go for a rippin ride and then scarf a big
> >barbacoa burrito at Cafe Rio in St George.
> >
> >JD looking forward to fresh air
>
> Glad to here you got in some good riding in our lowly SOCAL
> elevations. That is certainly a good trail to SS on. Did you guys do
> the Post Office to South Fork Campground and back section? I have
> not ventured past the the campground and wondering what lies beyond.

It was hardpacked for the most part, but you could easily see where
the shuttle monkeys ride it. The parts they don't frequent were in
excellent shape. We rode from Angelus Oaks to where some cabin
conglomeration was next to 38 and back.

JD

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home