PDA

View Full Version : nimbus frames

unarueda
November 25th 03, 06:47 PM
hi all, i wanted to know if anyone has any experiences with the nimbus
unis, i`ve heard a lot about the nimbus 2 but hardly any about the 1, i
understand they are begginer munis but just how begginer is begginer, on
this frames?
thanks
Julian

--
unarueda - teaching the dark art of unicycling

"Breaking your uni is like a car crash. You see a lot of pictures but
you never think it's going to happen to you."
XWonka
unarueda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4324

joona
November 25th 03, 06:54 PM
Nimbus 1 is round crowned, and I don't know if it can take a 3" wide
tire. But if you're referring to the Nimbus MUni at unicycle.uk.com that
has the Nimbus II frame. I have it and I like it. I don't bash my knees
on it even though it's quite wide.

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

unarueda
November 25th 03, 07:06 PM
i`m talking about 'nimbus' (http://tinyurl.com/wiqm) i`m just calling it
1 because i`ve heard of nimbus 2.
It can take a 3" tire as it comes with one, it seems really nice for
it`s price, thats`why i`m asking...
Julian

--
unarueda - teaching the dark art of unicycling

"Breaking your uni is like a car crash. You see a lot of pictures but
you never think it's going to happen to you."
XWonka
unarueda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4324

joe
November 25th 03, 08:43 PM
Julian,

The nimbus frames are great for the price!

I have a nimbus 1 frame on my 'Muni'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/joesmuni/Muddy_Muni), and nimbus 2 on
my 'Trials' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/joestrials/my_trials) and
my 'Freestyle/Hockey' (http://tinyurl.com/wjao).

The only difference is that the nimbus 1's have a rounded shouldered
crown, the nimbus 2's have a flat shouldered crown.

There is a new range of Nimbus frames, which are called XXX (or nimbus 2
2003). The 24" and 26/28" have a wider shoulder (which I personally dont
like, as I find they hit the inside of my legs - just my riding style)
The new 20" XXX (or nimbus 2 2003) frames are the best afordable
freestyle frames I have seen... I want one! They have a flat crown,
which is great for stand up tricks, and £32, you cant complain!

'Unicycle.Uk.Com' (www.unicycle.uk.com) search for 'Nimbus'
(http://tinyurl.com/wjap) (that link might not work, if it dont, just
search for it yourself)

Hope that helped you a bit.

I shall be ordering a 20" XXX frame off roger soon.....

Joe,

--
joe - Hockey Head

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

joona
November 25th 03, 11:11 PM
unarueda wrote:
> *i`m talking about 'nimbus' (http://tinyurl.com/wiqm) i`m just calling
> it 1 because i`ve heard of nimbus 2.
> It can take a 3" tire as it comes with one, it seems really nice for
> it`s price, thats`why i`m asking...
> Julian *

The Nimbus MUni is probably the cheapest sort of good muni available.
Wait for a while and it will probably come with the new Cro-Mo hub. Mine
is the original version with 3" gazza. I've done some drops about 1m
high and still haven't broke the hub. And I really am a beginner. So, if
you want to get into MUni, get either the Nimbus MUni or Qu-Ax. The
advantage on Qu-Ax is that it comes with a sturdy splined hub. Downside
is that it weighs more. And the frame top is a little wider.

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

onewheelsf
December 13th 03, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the info on this ride everyone. Without much information, I
plan to buy the 26" Nimbus MUni very soon. I am 6'2" (188 cm), 210 lbs
(96 Kgs). I am a capable beginner and am looking to ride the great
parks and running trails of San Francisco. Do you have alternate
suggestions, or any specifics that 42 year old fat guys should be aware
of? No, seriously, do you? My wife thanks you.

--
onewheelsf
onewheelsf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5047

cyberbellum
December 13th 03, 03:22 PM
onewheelsf wrote:
> * Do you have alternate suggestions, or any specifics that 42 year old
> fat guys should be aware of? *

Don't wear horizontal stripes? :D

I'm in the 40+, ~100 kg category too so I can relate. Obviously buy
heavy duty stuff and treat it as if it were medium duty. With age comes
wisdom, so I doubt you'll actually break anything.

--
cyberbellum - Level 0.5 rider

Optimists think the glass is half full. Pesimists think the glass is
half empty. Engineers think the glass is too big.
cyberbellum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4550

Klaas Bil
December 15th 03, 03:07 AM
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 09:22:22 -0600, cyberbellum
om> wrote:

>Optimists think the glass is half full. Pesimists think the glass is
>half empty. Engineers think the glass is too big.

Customers think the drink is too little.

Klaas Bil

reposted directly on the forum. after almost 24 hours my newsgroup post
still didn't show up.

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

treepotato
December 15th 03, 12:18 PM
> I shall be ordering a 20" XXX frame off roger soon.....

me too ;)

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home