PDA

View Full Version : Qu-Ax frames

one wheeled stallion
November 26th 03, 08:04 PM
Has anyone got a Qu-Ax frame? If so, what do you reckon to it? I've just
ordered a 20" frame but don't know what they're like (they're dirt
cheap, so I don't really lose either way!)

And does anyone know what's new about the 2004 KH cranks? Is there a new
hub coming out too?

And is the Sticky Fingers tyre worth getting?
Thanks!

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

jynxzero
November 26th 03, 11:42 PM
one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *And is the Sticky Fingers tyre worth getting?
> Thanks! *

Well it looks cool on my living room floor, but seeing as how I can't
get the old tyre of my rim, I'd say that at the moment it hasn't really
proved to be value for money.

I was impressed at how quick it arrived... I think I ordered it about
4pm yesterday and the postman was banging angrily at my door about
8:30am this morning. And I didn't even pay for priority shipping.
Thanks Roger!!

--
jynxzero - Wannabe trials rider

--
Jynx Zero
jynxzero's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3458

one wheeled stallion
November 27th 03, 01:54 PM
The man's fast isn't he?! Samething happened with my Onza hub/crankset!
Always when you least suspect it!

Take it to a bike shop mate! ... Or you could cut it off if you don't
want it anymore.. :-) Is the grippy part noticable to touch?

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

joona
November 27th 03, 02:06 PM
I think some of those guys at Einrad Forum were complaining about the
frame being really wide at the top. But I think it's still a bargain

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

eenwieler
November 27th 03, 03:53 PM
http://www.qu-ax.de/Pics/e_mgabel.jpg
This is a MUni Frame from Qu-ax. The wheel size for this frame is 20
inch.

Ferko

--
eenwieler
eenwieler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3829

wendino
November 27th 03, 04:23 PM
Hi one wheeled stallion,

here the (outside) wide of the frames:

Qu-ax Muni: 156mm
Frame you ordered: 129mm

Roland

--
wendino - unitrial & muni shop

'municycle.com - unitrial & muni shop' (http://municycle.com)
wendino's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/689

jynxzero
November 27th 03, 04:41 PM
one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *The man's fast isn't he?! Samething happened with my Onza
> hub/crankset! Always when you least suspect it!
>
> Take it to a bike shop mate! ... Or you could cut it off if you don't
> want it anymore.. :-) Is the grippy part noticable to touch? *

Managed without the bike shop, at the expense of a lot of effort, a big
blister on by finger and the breaking of a set of tire levers.

The grippyness is noticable to touch, if you run your finger across the
stripe you can definitately feel where the compound changes.

The stripe isn't very consistent, if you spin the wheel it snakes left
and right by about an inch.

Went out for a brief ride on it this afternoon.. just to run an errand,
didn't really put it through it's paces so I can't make any serious
comment. Seems to have a slightly different feel (in a good way), but
that could just be because the old tyre was so knackered / slightly
different tyre pressure / my imaginatation.

--
jynxzero - Wannabe trials rider

--
Jynx Zero
jynxzero's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3458

one wheeled stallion
November 27th 03, 09:46 PM
Thanks a lot guys! My frame arrived today! (Thanks Roland!) It was a bit
of tight on the Onza hub, but now fits thanks to a little 'persuasion'!
Looks fantastic and feels really strong, so I may get on for my 24"
Muni! Unis look great with thicker seatposts! I'll have to get around to
whacking some photos up for you to see- how do you go about putting them
into a gallery??

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home