PDA

View Full Version : Mountain wheeling

Murde Mental
November 27th 03, 01:55 AM
I have an idea....about a new one wheeled sport......you would have a BC
wheel type thing clamped on to your feet....and two ski poles....you
would then go down ski hills in a ski like manner.
It would be called something like Mountain wheeling.....

Think it'll work?
I do.

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

James_Potter
November 27th 03, 02:07 AM
That would be tough, but fun. I can't even ride a BC Wheel yet, so I
can't really say anything about this. So this post has no point, but
I've already typed it and am not letting it go to waste.

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-This post *would* be in the most replies thread, if *GILBY* hadn't
killed it.-

JamesH
November 27th 03, 03:06 AM
Someone already has a 'patent' (http://tinyurl.com/wqnf) on something
similar to that..

--
JamesH - Back into the swing of things
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

XWonka
November 27th 03, 03:09 AM
Personally... i would try to mount a brake on that thing.

--
XWonka - thought that blonde Lois was hotter

Sig lines are stupid anyway....
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Murde Mental
November 28th 03, 01:01 AM
Brakes?....No Way! think ski's have brakes?..NOooooo!
and tha patented thing is WAAaaayyyy too complicated. I mean it like I
say it.

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Borges
November 28th 03, 09:03 AM
On skis you don't easily loose forwards-backwards balance, so the
mountain wheel will probably be harder.

You could brake by turning, but you'd need a really hard tyre and it
still wouldnt be that effective. I'm with XWonka on the brake issue.

It sounds like fun. If it works it has XGames written all over it.

--
Borges - High impact cerabellum workout
Borges's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/925

joona
November 28th 03, 02:51 PM
Borges wrote:
> *It sounds like fun. If it works it has XGames written all over it. *

It sure sounds fun. But just like unicycling, it's too "hard" to learn.
Most people just don't have enough patience to give it a week or more to
even be able to ride a little bit.

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Murde Mental
November 28th 03, 10:44 PM
Okay...so maybe you could ha a hand-held break system...
actually..thats not a bad idea!

Oh, and if someone markets this idea....I wan't one! and 5% of all
profits.;)

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

David Winston
November 30th 03, 04:35 PM
"Borges" > wrote in message
list.com...

> It sounds like fun. If it works it has XGames written all over it.

Or depending on the level of mastery/failure, "JackAss" (the
show/movie/etc.)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home