PDA

View Full Version : kris why kh24 crown is so high?

jorkee
November 27th 03, 09:48 PM
Kris why on the taiwan kh frame 2004 the crown is so high over the tyre?
In the canadain version the cron is closer to the tyre...

--
jorkee
jorkee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4846

GizmoDuck
November 27th 03, 10:09 PM
Perhaps he's going to release a 4' MUNi tyre? That would be really
cool!

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

The NZ Unicycle Weekend Gallery
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albut20

one wheeled stallion
November 27th 03, 10:14 PM
They're called tractor tyres! ;-)
It's probably for mud clearance isn't it? I haven't got one, but I guess
that's what it's for!

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

jorkee
November 27th 03, 10:28 PM
yes I know that :) but like I sad canadian version is much more lower
and his red unicycle (I think that this one he likes the most) has crown
lower too...

o yes I wanted to ask one more question....
why not build the frame like that red unicycle that kris rides on it
with the flat cron but from tubing? I like that one very much. and the
sites the frame are 45 degree. very good idea...

best regards :) to all society

--
jorkee
jorkee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4846

andrew_carter
November 29th 03, 09:14 AM
I haven't seen any photos yet or anything but I personally like having a
high crown for gliding and one footed stuff. I don't seem to be
flexible enough to stop my foot from hitting the tyre on most munis when
gliding. So if it's what I'm imagining, then I'm happy. :)

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Open now!

Rowan
November 29th 03, 03:17 PM
jorkee wrote:
> *Kris why on the taiwan kh frame 2004 the crown is so high over the
> tyre? In the canadain version the crown is closer to the tyre... *
My name isn't Kris, but I am guessing that there needs to be some
differences between the pro and the regular model, so that could be one
of them. You pay a whole heap more for the pro-model so they have to
keep some improvements to lash out on the big spenders.

--
Rowan
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

jagur
December 1st 03, 11:08 PM
could it be so it will fit a 26" wheel in there too?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

nick
December 2nd 03, 12:09 AM
andrew_carter wrote:
> *I haven't seen any photos yet or anything but I personally like
> having a high crown for gliding and one footed stuff. I don't seem to
> be flexible enough to stop my foot from hitting the tyre on most munis
> when gliding. So if it's what I'm imagining, then I'm happy. :)
>
> Andrew *

I'm 6.1 and I have a hard time getting my foot onto the crown for 1 foot
riding. Its still an awesome frame though.

--
nick - jerk on one wheel

later,

nick cegelka

nicklikesfire : AIM

: alternate email

http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com : new and improved, sort of
nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/349

john_childs
December 2nd 03, 06:33 AM
nick wrote:
> *I'm 6.1 and I have a hard time getting my foot onto the crown for 1
> foot riding. Its still an awesome frame though. *

You shouldn't have any problems getting your foot up on the crown for
one foot riding. I can get my foot up on the crown of a Coker.
'Coker one foot picture' (http://tinyurl.com/xbq1)

:)

It takes some practice to get your foot up on the frame of a 24" muni
but once you get used to it, it becomes much more natural.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Google