PDA

View Full Version : KH hub and crank spacers...

one wheeled stallion
November 27th 03, 10:30 PM
I have a KH hub crank set on my muni, but I use a Nimbus II frame, so
the 'flying saucer' shaped discs, don't fit snuggly against the bearing
holders, because of the spacers, so it sticks out over half an inch from
the bearing housing.

I noticed Darren Bedford has a KH hub on one of his unis, but there are
no flying saucers! What did he use instead?! If anyone has the same
problem and has overcome it (even if you haven't!) please let me know! I
was determined not to let how weird it look bother me, as they work just
the same, but I really want to make the saucers fit or replace them with
something that doesn't stick out!

I know I've probably gone on for far too long about something which
should have taken a few lines, so if what I've said doesn't make sense,
tell me and I'll write it again! Argh!!!

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Frank A.
November 28th 03, 01:24 PM
Replace the discs with the Profile washers. I did this on my old KH
wheel. Profile uses two washer sizes and if memory serves, one thick and
one thin for each side will duplicate the thickness of the saucer.
Although the KH axle is 20mm vs. 19mm for the Profile, the KH tapers
down at the splines. This is where the washers are placed and they will
fit fine.
Now all you need to do is get some Profile washers :)

--
Frank A. - off-road

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

one wheeled stallion
November 28th 03, 03:42 PM
Ah ha! Great thank you! Can I get them on unicycle.com? Do you know how
much they are?

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

john_childs
November 28th 03, 08:08 PM
one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *Ah ha! Great thank you! Can I get them on unicycle.com? Do you know
> how much they are? *

unicycle.com does not have them in the online catalog, but if you call
them up you should be able to get the Profile spacers. Just because
it's not in the catalog doesn't mean unicycle.com doesn't have it.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

jagur
November 28th 03, 08:17 PM
john_childs wrote:
> *Just because it's not in the catalog doesn't mean unicycle.com
> doesn't have it. *
yep thats right. on the other side of the coin however...just because
its in the catalog doent mean its in stock.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

john_childs
November 28th 03, 08:51 PM
jagur wrote:
> *yep thats right. on the other side of the coin however...just because
> its in the catalog doent mean its in stock. *

So true! :)

I just noticed that the One Wheeled Stallion is in the UK and not North
America. I assume that Roger works with a similar system where there is
stuff available that is not in the catalog.

I got some extra Profile spacers from unicycle.com USA. I can't
remember how much they were. They weren't much. Probably around $5.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Google