PDA

View Full Version : ??? about Macy's Parade and Uni

bugman
November 29th 03, 04:26 PM
A guy that works for me said when he was watching the parade someone
riding a uni in the parade was interviewed by the guy who is on King of
Queens-Kevin James.
He said that he was riding a huge Uni. I thought it was a Coker, but he
thought it was even bigger than that. If you saw this do you know if it
was someone from this forum, and what size Uni was it?

Secondly, on a related note, one of the organizers of the Christmas
parade in Athens, GA turned down the application of some Unicyclists
from the area saying "We won't need anyone in the parade riding a
unicycle, we are a real parade." I was a little offended by this, and
was wondering if this guy doesn't consider the Macy's Thanksgiving Day
Parade a "real" parade. Or how about the Atlanta 4th of July parade
that had about 20 of us on Uni's. I wish he had told me that... I may
not have been as gracious.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

at1pe_uni
November 30th 03, 01:41 PM
The Panther Pride Unicycle Team was in the parade. One of the riders on
a giraffe was interviewed by the host of Evening Magazine.

--
at1pe_uni - Semi-skilled rider
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

yoopers
November 30th 03, 08:13 PM
We spent Thanksgiving Day with my sister in Chicago and arrived at her
house after the Chicago Thanksgiving Parade had made its appearance on
TV. Rhonda said that she saw a unicycle group in the Chicago parade
with a banner that, with only a quick glimpse, said WOW. Were the Wood
One Wheelers out of Ohio in the Chicago parade?

Bruce

--
yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards
yoopers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31

Barb
December 1st 03, 10:00 PM
The Panther Pride Team was in the Bon-Macy parade in Seattle, the day after
Thanksgiving.
Barb K.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home