PDA

View Full Version : KH Seats

Grinspoon
November 30th 03, 04:09 AM
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the 2nd and 3rd
generation KH seats without taking them apart and looking at the plate
inside.

--
Grinspoon - Hell on Wheel
Grinspoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4771

johnglazer
November 30th 03, 04:44 AM
X-ray vision!

--
johnglazer - member of the Hell On Wheel gang

Where is Donnie?
johnglazer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3714

Rowan
November 30th 03, 05:59 AM
I have both. My second generation seat is torn apart after being
snapped, but before I opened it you could easily tell the difference
without X-ray specs. The second generation seat is much wider at the
front than the third generation. If you only have one seat, if the front
of the seat is barely wider than the front handle it might be third
generation, and if it's a bit wider then it could be second. The third
generation seat seems to have softer foam, and flexes less than the
second, apparently due to having thicker plastic on the base. Also the
way the date is written is slightly different. On the third generation
it is easier to tell when the seat was made due to these circle thingies
with numbers molded into the plastic base, with an arrow pointing to the
date. The second generation saddle has numbers in circles, but without
the arrow pointing to the number. Sorry if that is a bit vague, but my
new seat is out on loan as a learner, since I have my CF airseat on my
MUni. The other main difference is the cover material. The old one was
less shiney. Hopefully the new shiney stuff won't pull from underneath
the staples as much.

--
Rowan
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772