PDA

View Full Version : Universe II... What's the story?

bugman
December 2nd 03, 01:54 AM
I am wanting to put this on my Christmas whish list. Is it going to be
available for Christmas? Time is running short!

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Checkernuts
December 2nd 03, 02:08 AM
Give it time, it will be here soon enough.

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

uniryder
December 2nd 03, 07:13 AM
Hey Bugman,

It will be available for pre-order very soon. The video has been
complete for a while, but the DVD takes much more time to produce.
Hopfully it will be ready for shipping in 2-3 weeks, though that date
can easily change. Thanks for being patient, I wish it could have been
complete a long time ago.

-Dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

andrew_carter
December 2nd 03, 08:01 AM
When you say available for pre-order, do you mean through unicycle.com?
If not, will it still be available in Australia?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Open now!

joe
December 2nd 03, 02:04 PM
All of my Christmas' for the last 2 years have been unicycle
orientated... and this one is no exception!

cant wait for Universe II!

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

bugman
December 2nd 03, 04:19 PM
uniryder wrote:
> *Hey Bugman,
>
> It will be available for pre-order very soon. The video has been
> complete for a while, but the DVD takes much more time to produce.
> Hopfully it will be ready for shipping in 2-3 weeks, though that date
> can easily change. Thanks for being patient, I wish it could have
> been complete a long time ago.
>
> -Dan *

Dan,
Thanks for letting us know the progress. I am still not sure if
that means I should put it on my Christmas list. I have family all over
the country that are looking for stuff to buy for me that fall into the
price range of your video. I would rather they get me something I want,
rather than a gift certificate to JC Pennys or some other equally
unusable gift. I saw the preview at the NAUCC and am anxious to see the
final product. I do understand how things take longer than we expect.
So if you can convince unicycle.com to take preorders, and have them
send out a gift certificate as a filler until the DVD comes in, that
would be great. I know they hate doing it, but I would like to be
assured that my copy was going to ship as soon as they are available.

I don't think I have done a single project that didn't take twice as
long to finish as I would have thought it would take.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

joe
December 2nd 03, 10:03 PM
pre-order would be way cool!

You hear that Roger!!! :p

Joe,

--
joe - Using the brake in anger!!

:cool: www.cool.unicyclist.com :cool:
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

uniryder
December 2nd 03, 11:38 PM
Joe,

Sorry to bring a little bad news, but UNiVERsE 2 will not be available
to Europe (In PAL format) for a little bit. It is going to take a
little extra time to convert the video and have it duplicated in PAL
format. Not sure how much longer it will take, but will post a message
when I have an idea.

Bugman - Receiving U2 by Christmas is pushing it. We'll see though.
Once pre-ordering is available, the video could be ordered as a
Christmas gift, but most likely will not arrive til a little bit after
Christmas.

-Dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

ur
December 3rd 03, 07:57 AM
Is there a preview of U2 on the net anywhere??? :)

--
ur - Unicycling Revolution
ur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4199

jagur
December 3rd 03, 09:52 AM
watching the equipment in U-II will be weird.there has been so much
progress in unicycles just in the last year that i bet they will look
some what out dated allready.

the riding though is another story,ive seen two different previews (not
on the net) and its a truely revolutionary style of riding indeed...

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

Mark Wiggins
December 3rd 03, 03:46 PM
uniryder wrote:
> Sorry to bring a little bad news, but UNiVERsE 2 will not be available
> to Europe (In PAL format) for a little bit. It is going to take a
> little extra time to convert the video and have it duplicated in PAL
> format. Not sure how much longer it will take, but will post a message
> when I have an idea.

What about the DVD? We're quite happy to play NTSC DVDs over here...

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|\
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

nbrazzi
December 3rd 03, 05:17 PM
andrew_carter wrote:
> *When you say available for pre-order, do you mean through
> unicycle.com? If not, will it still be available in Australia?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew *

I can't recall what video format Australia uses. Do you guys use NTSC
or PAL? Or do you not know?

If NTSC is your flavor, you can order it from Unicycle.com in the USA or
Beford in Canada, when its ready. The discs will not be region coded,
so if you use NTSC, the first-run North American discs should suit you.

--
nbrazzi

any God with sense is going to want to promote unicycling

-onewheeldave on religion
nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917

andrew_carter
December 6th 03, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure we use PAL here.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Open now!

pete66
December 7th 03, 02:22 AM
I'm fairly sure that Australia uses PAL. My dvd player is "multi-zone"
so I'll be keen to buy it asap, regardless of where it's from.

--
pete66 - Verging on Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

nbrazzi
December 7th 03, 11:52 PM
Be careful, you impatient, off-shore bandits. You have to consider both
"Region Coding" and video standards.

1-Region Coding is a safeguard put on the DVD that makes it so you can't
play a DVD unless your DVD player's region matches the region of the
disc. USA & Canada is Region 1. The bulk of Europe is Region 2. I
can' t play a region 2 disc in my region 1 player.

Universe 2 will be Region 0 - it will play on all players, so you don't
have to worry about that. You do have to worry about...

2-Video standards. NTSC, PAL, SECAM. TVs in USA and Japan operate on
the NTSC standard - the type of signal. This goes beyond DVDS - it's
everything that's on the TV. Television brodcast on the air is NTSC.
Europe (minus France) uses PAL. France uses SECAM, etc...

So anyway, Universe 2 will be region 0, so you won't have any problems
with player lockout, but your TV will still need to be able to support
an NTSC video playback. I know a lot of Europeans have NTSC-capable
TVs, so I guess they can do that.

I just want to make sure you guys don't get it and can't play it.

--
nbrazzi

any God with sense is going to want to promote unicycling

-onewheeldave on religion
nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home