PDA

View Full Version : Jumpin' Sabin Flash at the Gas Gas Gas

UniBrier
December 2nd 03, 04:23 AM
The Soggy Bottom Bunch (thanks S.Howard) went out for a Trials ride at
GasWorks last Saturday afternoon. Greg H., John C., Tom J., Tom & Miles
B., Jon M., Steve & Andrea D. and some kid who claimed to be Sabin A.

Sabin said he hadn't been to GasWorks since he was about 5. He could
have fooled us! He owned the place in no time.

As usual Andrea and I took way too many pics. About 50 of them and one
vid are at http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/AtTheGas .

Sabin cleaned some great lines. Greg wasn't too shabby himself, except
where he tried to Grab a concrete wall. That was painful to watch.

Way cool pedal grab sequence, 12 frames at 7 frames per second. Several
other Kodak moments too.

Enjoy!

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

nathan
December 2nd 03, 06:15 AM
Great stuff Steve. Looks like a lot of fun. I liked the 7 frames per
second sequence. What camera? And THANKS for putting good captions on
the photos too.

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

harper
December 2nd 03, 06:40 AM
Thanks for taking and posting the photos, Steve. We agree that Sabin
never comes to Gasworks again, right? That was fun and we had nine
riders there at one time. Too bad we couldn't get JC to ride that wild,
steep, downhill skinny again. He cleaned both slopes first try. Tom
Blackwood conquered his first flight of stairs that day, too. Andrea
started hopping up stairs. Miles took his SkyCycle on its maiden voyage.
But there's no doubt that Sabin was the show. I'm sore. I took lots of
geezer candy afterwards.

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"I managed to get my missus riding a couple of yards before she got
pregnant with Jenny, but she hasn't tried riding since. " - Danny
Colyer

"Sa da tay! Sepotown!" - Pootie Tang

"Know thyself. Of course, try to know Claudia Schiffer and Salma Hayak
but, failing that, at least know thyself." - Greg Harper

UniBrier
December 2nd 03, 05:27 PM
nathan wrote:
> *What camera? *
Nathan, thanks for your comments, it was a lot of fun.

I have a 'Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi'
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimage7hi/) . Its a pro-sumer
grade camera. 5MP but I do a lot of my shooting at lower resolutions.

Pro's- 28 - 200 mm equiv. zoom, tons of features, takes an external
flash, Electronic View Finder, feels like an SLR.

Con's - A bit complicated, lens is a bit slow - I sometimes get blur
when shooting in low light like in the woods, a bit bulkier than I would
like for transporting.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

uni-man-dan
December 2nd 03, 11:53 PM
becuase I was bored, and enjoy using flash, I made your sequance of
pictures in to an animated gif, and a flash player thing. sweat them
here:

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albut60

props on working the stones into your subject.
Dan

--
uni-man-dan - http://www.thedan.com

http://www.thedan.com

uni-man-dan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/464

James_Potter
December 3rd 03, 02:20 AM
Hey Dan, is there any reason that you opened six new albums?

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-This post *would* be in the most replies thread, if *GILBY* hadn't
killed it.-

tomblackwood
December 3rd 03, 05:12 AM
Good shots. I saw Sabin clean the zigzag wall, but didn't realize Andrea
had ridden it too. Punks!!!

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

john_childs
December 3rd 03, 07:14 AM
harper wrote:
> *Too bad we couldn't get JC to ride that wild, steep, downhill skinny
> again. He cleaned both slopes first try. *

After making it down both slopes on the first try I figured it was best
to let that experience live on without diluting it by attempting (and
failing) to ride it again. This way that first attempt is more special
and that's the one that everyone there will remember. I like it when
everyone is left with the impression that "Wow! that guy's good!". :D

That's much better than the impression that everyone is left with after
my aborted attempt to jump two stairs at once in the first picture in
the album. :( Now everyone knows how much I suck at jumping. I think
I have something like an 8" vertical leap. My jumping is pathetic.
Bah!

I now direct your attention to 'this photo' (http://tinyurl.com/xhvw).
Yeah! That's better. That guy's good. :)

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Google