PDA

View Full Version : trials uni

commandoH
December 2nd 03, 08:10 PM
i want a trials uni for xmas. i liked the look of this one:

'http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=744'
(http://tinyurl.com/xez8)

is that one a peice of poo? if soo what sould i go for? It cant be too
pricy (santas on a tight budget)

thanx

--
commandoH
commandoH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4947

commandoH
December 2nd 03, 09:22 PM
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=744 [COLOR=royalblue]

--
commandoH
commandoH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4947

Sofa
December 2nd 03, 09:36 PM
that's a pretty reasonable price for that. the picture looks like an
Alex rim, but the description doesn't say Alex.

If it's an Alex, you can't go wrong with a uni at that price. If it's
not, I'm sure it's still a great bargain.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'I put a full stop in I normally do not bother with punctuation as I a
normally I a rush too summit a thread' [sigh]
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

commandoH
December 2nd 03, 09:45 PM
thanx

--
commandoH
commandoH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4947

super_evill
December 2nd 03, 11:24 PM
I want that one but with a splined hub. I e-mailed unicycle.com and
asked them if they could do that but they said they won't. It sucks, now
I have to save up for a onza.

--
super_evill - Level 4

"Whadda ya want me to do, whack a guy, off a guy, whackoff a guy, cuz
I'm married"- Peter Griffin

super_evill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4492

muniracer
December 3rd 03, 12:16 AM
yeah, im hoping for the onza too

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you.
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

thinuniking
December 3rd 03, 08:14 AM
i have been looking on www.municycle.com their uni's are really cheep
£80 for a splined hub and crank set (onza £120)(kh£140)

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Tmornstar
December 3rd 03, 12:36 PM
I saw that Yuni Trials when I was visiting Uni.Com over the holiday
(T'giving). It looks really sweet - regardless of the price and/but
especially because of the price! The hub is extra-wide for more lateral
strength. The hub, too, was designed for Uni.Com and has their name on
it. I'm not so sure about the cranks. They sort of look like Euros.
Heck, for the price you can't beat it. I love my Summit but I'm getting
tired of the ankle/toe whack. This uni has non-whacking cranks. (As do
the new KH cranks!)
Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

one wheeled stallion
December 3rd 03, 02:11 PM
Hey CommandoH, I bought one of those from the UK site a few months ago,
as I wasn't sure if I'd get into riding trials and I think it's great
for the price and it was an Alex rim on mine.

The cranks are quite short and are standard 127s I think. The pedals are
quite grippy, but not too grippy for learning to pedal and crank grab,
as you can shuffle about on them.

The hub (dunno what it was- it had the wrong one at first but uni.uk.com
put a new tougher one in) lasted me a while- though no massive drops.

But since, I've replaced the hub and cranks with an Onza 140mm set, the
frame and seat post with nice black ones from Municycle.com, the seat
with a black and yellow KH with yellow handle and bumper and finally the
pedals with proper studded yellow ones!

So only the rim and tyre has stayed the same! Looks fantastic though,
even if I do say so myself! I've got pics of it with the original frame-
but non since so I'll have to sort that out!

Can anyone tell me how to put photos into a gallery?

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home