PDA

View Full Version : Muni, KH 2004 cranks

rusty
December 3rd 03, 08:56 PM
I'm wondering about the new KH cranks, when will they come, what sizes?
I am thinking of buying a KH, and I am a bit afraid about the crank
hitting problems. Does anyone know anything about this

--
rusty
rusty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3601

danger_uni
December 3rd 03, 11:30 PM
rusty wrote:
> *I'm wondering about the new KH cranks, when will they come, what
> sizes? I am thinking of buying a KH, and I am a bit afraid about the
> crank hitting problems. Does anyone know anything about this *

The new batch of KH unis at Unicycle.com all have the 2004 KH cranks,
which don't have any protuberance at the anklebone.

I've ridden now for several months on these cranks, and haven't had any
problems with hitting my anklebones. For what it's worth, they
actually feel stiffer and stronger off drops than my Profiles do, and
they're not prone to creaking.

The 2004 KH20 also has about 10mm more tire clearance, which makes it
easier to avoid hitting your foot on the tire when it's on the fork
crown.

Kris Holm.

--
danger_uni - Kris Holm
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

rusty
December 5th 03, 01:54 PM
Is these the ones they have at unicycle.uk.com the ones with the reduced
lump on the outside of the cranks as Roger said?

--
rusty
rusty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3601

danger_uni
December 5th 03, 05:47 PM
rusty wrote:
> *Is these the ones they have at unicycle.uk.com the ones with the
> reduced lump on the outside of the cranks as Roger said? *

Yes, that's right.

Kris.

--
danger_uni - Kris Holm