PDA

View Full Version : PA is worse then you think

The_SkunkMan
December 4th 03, 12:42 AM
Does any one here live in PA? Nothing fun or exiting ever happens. There
are only one or two unicycling clubs in the state(I'm not sure) but they
are hours away and no one will drive for hours for a 10 year old who
unicycles.The most fun I have is showing off to my friends, but I not
that good. Do you know of any clubs in PA? Where are they? I'm the only
major unicyclist in miles. My older brother unicycles but isn't that
good.(We joust sometimes) How do you get people to unicycle or start a
club? I can't do much but show-off and be crazy on my unicycle. I need
help.

Thanks

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

James_Potter
December 4th 03, 12:53 AM
Methinks this will help you:
http://unicycling.org/roster/index.php?state=pa

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-This post *would* be in the most replies thread, if *GILBY* hadn't
killed it.-

Checkernuts
December 4th 03, 01:00 AM
The middle of PA does suck there is absolutly nothing there, except for
maybe the king of prussia mall. I do like Williamsport too but nothing
seems to happen there.

Its all about Pittsburgh Baby, there are a few riders here. I know of a
few out toward Philly too and then if your close enough to NYC there are
some people there.

Its not all bad...

Mike

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

uni-2-death
December 4th 03, 01:40 AM
The_SkunkMan wrote:
> *Does any one here live in PA? Nothing fun or exiting ever happens.
> There are only one or two unicycling clubs in the state(I'm not sure)
> but they are hours away and no one will drive for hours for a 10 year
> old who unicycles.The most fun I have is showing off to my friends,
> but I not that good. Do you know of any clubs in PA? Where are they?
> I'm the only major unicyclist in miles. My older brother unicycles but
> isn't that good.(We joust sometimes) How do you get people to unicycle
> or start a club? I can't do much but show-off and be crazy on my
> unicycle. I need help.
>
> Thanks *
hey skunkman, im 11 and i have the same problem... im in a small club
and still having an ok time.... you and your brother should start little
club, it will grow after time.. just keep on showing off and more people
will start, tell yer buds to get one for christmas

peace out

Mevs

--
uni-2-death - dazed and confused unicyclist

life's a garden... DIG IT

uni-2-death's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4170

The_SkunkMan
December 4th 03, 01:52 AM
I live in a small town where nothing good happens. It's famous for a
flood and the miners. The only real clubs are high school clubs and a
table tennis club(started by my dad). I think there is a juggling club
in Pittsburg. I want to know if any of you live in PA?

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

Checkernuts
December 4th 03, 02:26 AM
yeah that juggling club in pittsburgh is the Pitt. Campus Fools, well
among a few others, theres also the CMU jugglers.

It just so happens I'm the presedent of the Campus Fools we have a few
Unicyclist that meet every week. If you can manage the trip up from
Sommerset let me know and we can ride. In the spring we will also be
hosting a circus festival that features among other things unicycling.

Your lucky enough to have some great trails arround there get out and
ride with some Mtn bikers if you can.

Mike

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

supertones
December 4th 03, 03:07 AM
I live in Pa, in my area i'm the only one that I know that rides. It's
been fun learning, although I suppose it would be cool to know other
people that ride also. I'm in Lancaster County, theres a club over in
Leola that meets every Thursday, but i'm always busy then so i've never
been there. I think theres a lot of schools in the area that have
unicycling in their gym class, which is cool.

I like the idea of getting other people intrested, I have a friend that
tried mine, but it's too tall for him, so I got a shorter seat post
recently, if they want to invest the time most anyone can learn, so find
devoted people and get some more unicyclists in the area : )

--
supertones
supertones's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4499

nikkifrog
December 4th 03, 03:47 AM
I live in Pennsylvania. I'm in North-central PA, Potter County. I'm in
the middle of nowhere. The closest Wal-Mart is 45 minutes away. I'm 3
hours from Buffalo, 2 hours from Elmira, 4 hours from Pittsburgh, 2 1/2
hours from Erie, 4 hours from Lancaster, 5 hours from Philadelphia, 2
hours from Williamsport. In Coudersport, where I live, we have a
bowling alley and a one-screen movie theater. That's about it.

There aren't any nearby unicycle clubs. I would like to start one at
school but the principal said he had to find out if the insurance would
cover it and everything but I don't think he cares much about it. I
taught my friend to ride a little bit. She just got a unicycle for her
birthday so hopefully we can ride together when the weather gets nice
again.

Skunkman, where in PA do you live?

Nikki

--
nikkifrog - Officially Level 2! :)

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in
God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?"
Psalm 56:3-4
nikkifrog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/425

DasDingus
December 4th 03, 04:25 AM
I live in Chester County, which is about 40 NW of Philly. Im over in
Jersey right now for college

I taught myself to ride and i tried to teach some of my friends but they
had no interest. Ive been riding by myself now for a while, but i have
little freetime now with all the work i have here.

--
DasDingus - Poor Unicyclist

Me fail English? That's unpossible!
DasDingus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3294

TheObieOne3226
December 4th 03, 06:04 AM
i live in philly. its not bad. i probably feel this way because i have 2
friends who learned to unicycle with me and are at approximately my
level. where do you guys all live, relative to philly, pittsburg etc. it
would be great if any of us could meet up and ride some time, even
better if one of yas lived in philly.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

DasDingus
December 5th 03, 01:25 AM
> live in Chester County, which is about 40 NW of Philly.

i meant to say i live 40 minutes NW of philly

TheObie, where in Philly do you live? I can take the Septa R5 into
center city.

--
DasDingus - Poor Unicyclist

Me fail English? That's unpossible!
DasDingus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3294

TheObieOne3226
December 5th 03, 06:10 PM
i live in southwest philly. however i never(ever) go to my house and am
always in west philly. thats where my friend joe(onewheelwizzard) lives.
also, nick(shadowuni) lives in west philly when not attending college.
so the short answer is youd find us all in west philly. however we would
be more than happy to meet you wherever convenient. the R5 comes from NW
so it might come by one of the stops near us. if not we could meet in
center city. where in chester county do you live; i have family up
there. anyway email me if you ever want to come down. itd be great fun.
my email is

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

TheObieOne3226
December 5th 03, 06:12 PM
sorry im posting again. you claim to be a poor unicyclist. nevermind we
dont want you. nah im just kidding. if you came down wed be happy to
help you get better. weve been riding about 14 months and
are....not...poor i suppose.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

The_SkunkMan
December 5th 03, 09:48 PM
I live in Johnstown, PA

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

eenwieler
December 5th 03, 09:59 PM
James_Potter wrote:
> *Methinks this will help you:
> http://unicycling.org/roster/index.php?state=pa *

Hmmm the first unicyclist is Mike Adamczyk. I doesn't know that i got
family in the USA that are also unicyclist:D Always nice to see that
there are more people on this world with the same last name and hobby:p

Ferko Adamczyk

--
eenwieler - One wheel is everything I need.

Eenwieler, Einrad, Unicycle, Monocycle. It is just the same!
eenwieler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3829

billham
December 5th 03, 10:14 PM
I'm from Washington, PA (south of Puttsburgh). Isn't there a uni club
at Penn State? It would be great to have a uni ride on a Saturday
around State College. It would be accessible for all of us and would
not require an overnight stay.

Anyone know of trails in the State College area?

Checkernuts - I assume you will be psoting here when the Campus Fools
put on the next event. I juggle also. Are the campus fools meeting on
a weekly basis?

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Tim
December 6th 03, 01:46 AM
I live in PA also, glenolden in delaware county i only know of two guys
who ride around in my area but that was a while ago and i only saw them
twice. i have been looking for other people to ride with in the area
maybe since there are a few of us in some what the same area we can have
a uni meet or something. Checkernuts i ofter visit Williamsport where
my grandfather lives its fun but it can get quite boring.

--
Tim
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Checkernuts
December 6th 03, 01:52 AM
yeah we meet every week see www.pitt.edu/~sorc/cfools for info on the
campus fools.

we will be taking a short winter break from the end of next week unitll
Jan 6th off.

But at least we have SNOW now here in PA...

Yea Snow.

MIke

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

The_SkunkMan
December 6th 03, 02:03 AM
If only there was a uni club at UPJ.

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

billham
December 6th 03, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the info checkernuts. Maybe I'll come up and join you for an
evening in Feb or March.

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

TheObieOne3226
December 6th 03, 05:40 PM
tim i live in southwest philly. glenolden is really close(10 mins in a
car, 30 on a uni, 15 on a coker!). that was probably me and nick or joe
you saw riding through glenolden. we ride through collingdale a lot too.
if you ever want to meet up, just email me at .
also my grandparents live in folcroft which borders glenolden so we
could meet there. later.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!