PDA

View Full Version : Tricks

The_SkunkMan
December 4th 03, 08:53 PM
What are some uni tricks you can do in the snow or anywhere? I can't
think of any tricks easy for me. Help me!

Skunk_MAn

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

muniracer
December 4th 03, 08:55 PM
i cant wait to ride in the snow- this is my first uni winter! ill try
some slolom and some jumps, an of course muni.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you.
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

redwelly
December 4th 03, 09:18 PM
It's my first uni winter too, and I'd love to ride in the snow. Only
one problem - England only gets decent snow for a couple of days every
few years. But then we didn't get any last year (in the south west
anyway), so we're due some. :) I imagine riding in snow is more fun for
the "I can say I did it" factor, rather than the actual experience,
which would be cold and hard work. Ice on the other hand...

- Sam

--
redwelly - Riding to work
redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518

joona
December 5th 03, 01:00 PM
The best trick to do in snow/ice, preferably ice, is to lock the wheel.
Stop pedaling by putting more pressure on the back pedal. This makes you
coast/slide on the ice.

But before you try this remember to put on all the safety gear you can
get your hands on to. When I tried it for the first time I only had
wrist and knee pads. Well, I ofcourse fell backwards and hurt my elbows.
I didn't have a helmet and I was glad that I didn't hit my head. But
when you get the hang of it, it's really nice trick. Some people
watching you might not notice that you've locked the wheel but it still
feels cool.

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

TheObieOne3226
December 5th 03, 01:20 PM
yay! its snowing in philly already! its not even winter yet and its
snowing! theres only a little on the ground right now, but we are
expecting about 6 inches for this weekend. i wish i had a uni snow tire
with chains....o wait GAZZALODDI!

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

terrytoon
December 5th 03, 01:50 PM
The first trick is to stay uprite, you know, rubber side down.
Good luck all!

--
terrytoon
terrytoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4383

joona
December 5th 03, 02:20 PM
TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> * i wish i had a uni snow tire with chains....o wait GAZZALODDI! *

On snow this is one of the best tires. Michelin Mud would be better, but
you should only ride with a Michelin if there's snow or you ride in
swamp. The tread is soft.

Even better than the chains (in my opinion) is making a studded tire of
your own. It's fun to do it and they give you atleast some grip even on
ice. And I mean the really slippery polished type ice where you usually
can't even walk.

And Terry, I haven't yet had any problems staying upright.

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

uni412
December 5th 03, 09:50 PM
I live in New England and we are having our first snow right now. I just
tried a trick were I slid down a skate ramp(no pedaling). You should try
it, its fun.

--
uni412 - unicycle fanatic
uni412's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4707

Tim
December 6th 03, 01:10 AM
We got snow here near philly about 4 inches so far as obie one said and
its also my first uni winter so it should be good fun.

--
Tim
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

The_SkunkMan
December 6th 03, 01:16 AM
Thats for the snow tricks what are free style or trial tricks?

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

muniracer
December 6th 03, 03:11 AM
are you asking about tricks in general? if so, check out

http://muniac.com/tips.htm

if not, never mind

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you.
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

super_evill
December 6th 03, 04:07 AM
I hate snow, we've had it in canada since November! And all I have is a
2003 torker unistar which suck horriabley in the snow:mad:

--
super_evill - Level 4

"Whadda ya want me to do, whack a guy, off a guy, whackoff a guy, cuz
I'm married"- Peter Griffin

super_evill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4492

James_Potter
December 6th 03, 04:35 AM
One trick you can do in the snow, that I haven't quite got down yet, is
drawing. The easiest shape is a star.
Start by idling. Then pedal backwards two revolutions, change
directions, and pedal forwards two revolutions. Then change direction,
and pedal backwards two revolutions. Unfortunately, every time I do this
it ends up looking like an octopus.

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-This post *would* be in the most replies thread, if *KILLBY* hadn't
killed it.-

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home