PDA

View Full Version : Muni in Santa Barbara, CA

nathan
December 5th 03, 06:26 AM
Last weekend, we were down in Santa Barbara which is about 100 miles
north of Los Angeles. We had arranged to meet up with Scot Cooper and a
couple of the local riders with whom we've ridden before. Hans Van
Koppen organized a great ride: 3 miles or so up a fireroad, with many
beautiful ocean views, a little over 1000' of climbing. The descent was
via a steep technical singletrack trail deep in Romero Canyon. The
weather was perfect and everyone had a great time.

'My photos from 11/28/2003 are here'
(http://community.webshots.com/album/103166446DyiOFm)
'Santa Barbara Unicycle Club Photos'
(http://www.sbuni.org/gallery/albums.php)

Let me know if you're interested in another similar ride there on Jan
17, 2004 - if you're in the area, you'll love it. The trails are
fantastic!

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

tomblackwood
December 5th 03, 07:12 AM
Nice shots Nathan...that looks like a fun ride. I also checked out the
ones you posted from Sedona....maybe it's my desert rat background, but
I liked those even more. Riding there is now on my short list of things
to do.....I just need to build up enough stress at work that I can
justify it as a psychological recovery.

Plus I'm jealous....I've been working super hard to expand my juggling
repetoire, and all of a sudden you come along and introduce the concept
of juggling "vortex rocks". Up until then, I thought I was kind of cool
being able to do clubs, rings, and cigar boxes. :cool:

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

U-Turn
December 5th 03, 03:07 PM
Photo 9: Wow! A gutsy kid!

--
U-Turn - Wholly Roller

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

john_childs
December 5th 03, 07:05 PM
That looks like such a fun trail. The ride down has to be fun. That's
the kind of trail I like.

I'm jealous. It's the rainy yucky season in Seattle right now. Not
much muni going on for me. I took the Coker out for ride yesterday
during a wind storm. I just put on a new handlebar setup on my Coker
and I needed to give it a test ride. Who cares about a little bit of
wind and rain. There were downed branches all over the bike path, cars
being detoured around blocked roads, utility crews very busy clearing
roads and fixing power lines. Freemounting the Coker is much more
difficult in gusting winds. But I got to ride so it was all good and I
got to try out my new handlebar setup.

If Santa Barbara was within a days drive for me I'd be down there in a
heartbeat to go riding.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

mscalisi
December 5th 03, 07:18 PM
Now that my ankle's finally healed from Cal Muni Weekend.

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

myocardial
December 5th 03, 07:31 PM
john_childs wrote:
> *If Santa Barbara was within a days drive for me I'd be down there in
> a heartbeat to go riding. *

Come on John...I've done Santa Barbara to Everett/Seattle in 18.5 hrs.
That's a days drive right? :)

We get Alaska Airlines into Santa Barbara airport now too.

matt

--
myocardial - Tattooed One Wheeler

Matt Wilhelm
Illustrated One Wheeler
Santa Barbara Unicycle Club

<http://www.sbuni.org>
myocardial's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3468

johnfoss
December 5th 03, 08:46 PM
U-Turn wrote:
> *Photo 9: Wow! A gutsy kid! *
Yup. Notice how his wheel doesn't even break the surface of the water.
Us "ordinary" riders have to risk getting wet!

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

Klaas Bil
December 6th 03, 07:45 AM
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:05:38 -0600, john_childs
om> wrote:

>If Santa Barbara was within a days drive for me I'd be down there in a
>heartbeat to go riding.

One heartbeat per day? See a doctor.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Friends don't let friends drop to flat - Kris Holm, discussing large drops to flat ground."

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home