PDA

View Full Version : anyone remember Kickman?

jagur
December 6th 03, 09:43 AM
i do.

'Kickman' (http://www.digitpress.com/reviews/kickman.htm)

i played this at a corner store about 15 years ago and havent seen it
anywhere since...i was hopeing it would be on the new 'Midway Arcade
Classics ' (http://tinyurl.com/xzn2) disc for my x-console-box but it
isnt....oh well.

| Attachment filename: kickman.gif |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/177009|

jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

joona
December 6th 03, 10:52 AM
No, but I remember the Nintendo game Circus (no unicycling, but an
addictive game)

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

pete66
December 6th 03, 12:08 PM
I don't remember that game but...

Can you think of any ideas on what a new unicycling video game might
have?

I'm considering putting together a computer game teaser for an
assignment I have to do next year. I'll be aiming for an exciting
compilation of extreme unicycling videoes, 3D animations, in-game
graphics and original music.

Basically, I'm after any ideas or opinions you guys might have on what
you'd want out of an XBOX/PS2/PC unicycling game?

I would also want to be able to explain any outstanding features like
unlocking new tricks, online multiplayer action and customizeable
unicycles and characters.

Which styles of UNIing would you most want to play?

Hands up who wants to endorse it ;)

cheers
pete

--
pete66 - Verging on Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Sofa
December 6th 03, 04:00 PM
there have been long discussions on the topic, i believe, use 'search'
and you'll find much discussion

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'You can usually engineer something to be fool proof, but never
damn-fool proof' - cyberbellum
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

uni412
December 7th 03, 12:27 AM
I have alot of suggestions. First it should be set up like Tony Hawk pro
skater so you can choose you player and be able to unlock new
levels/tricks. Also you should be able to choose between a muni and a
street/trials/feestyle mode. In the Muni mode it could basiclly be a
race against either a computer player or another person. To unlock a new
level you would have to beat the computer player in the previous level.
In the street/trials/freestyle mode you would do tricks to earn points.
These tricks could be freestyle or street/trials tricks. Trick combos
could earn you more points and levels could be unlocked by winning
competitions.
These are just some of my ideas. I would be awesome if you could make a
game. I still have nitendo64 but I would definately by a new console if
a uni game came out.

--
uni412 - unicycle fanatic
uni412's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4707

Klaas Bil
December 7th 03, 06:54 AM
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:37:01 -0600, jagur
> wrote:

>Sofa wrote:
>> *there have been long discussions on the topic, i believe, use
>> 'search' and you'll find much discussion *
>no there hasnt.theres been two threads,this and one other.

Jagur probably means the top result of this one (link takes you to
Google Groups):
<http://www.google.nl/groups?as_q=anyone%20tried%20unicycle%20game&ie=ISO-8859-1&as_ugroup=rec.sport.unicycling&lr=&hl=nl>.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Friends don't let friends drop to flat - Kris Holm, discussing large drops to flat ground."

jagur
December 7th 03, 09:09 AM
Klaas Bil wrote:
> *Jagur probably means the top result of this one (link takes you to
> Google Groups): <http://tinyurl.com/y3c1>. *
nope,thats not the thread 'i speak of.' (http://tinyurl.com/y3c2) ,,how
careless,Klaas.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

one wheeled stallion
December 7th 03, 02:52 PM
Ok, definately go for a Tony Hawk's type setup and maybe choose which
disciplines you would do.

There must be someway of representing the challenge of moving, rather
than just pushing 'Forward'. Controlling how far you lean into both
corners and jumps would be important, as well as your angle of takeoff.
And also pre-hops etc etc. I suppose hitting harder obstacles on a Muni
course would get you more points and also how you get over them. Same
with Trials I guess. Freestyle would be slightly different I suppose, as
you don't really have anywhere specific to get to, you'd just be able to
do tricks in a hall or something!

Once points are earned, new parts could be bought and also new moves,
like mounts etc. More points should be earned depending on which foot is
forward for hopping etc. But jump height and balance should be something
that progresses according to how much jumping or rail riding or still
standing your character does- not simply bought with points.

There could be novelty rounds where you have to ride giraffes to save
children from burning buildings etc! Maybe a hockey tournament to
unlock?

One concern though- would there be many characters to choose from??

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Murde Mental
December 7th 03, 06:00 PM
> I don't remember that game but...
>
> Can you think of any ideas on what a new unicycling video game might
> have?
>
> I'm considering putting together a computer game teaser for an
> assignment I have to do next year. I'll be aiming for an exciting
> compilation of extreme unicycling videoes, 3D animations, in-game
> graphics and original music.
>
> Basically, I'm after any ideas or opinions you guys might have on what
> you'd want out of an XBOX/PS2/PC unicycling game?
>
> I would also want to be able to explain any outstanding features like
> unlocking new tricks, online multiplayer action and customizeable
> unicycles and characters.
>
> Which styles of UNIing would you most want to play?
>
> Hands up who wants to endorse it
>
> cheers
> pete

Instead of your basic tony hawk style video game, you should have a
matrix-style uni/action/adventure game with guns and stuff. This would
be DA BOMB!

You could be wall-ridding matrix style while shooting bad guys with your
uzi's and then dismount to beat them up with your uni.

I dreamt of something similar.....

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Murde Mental
December 7th 03, 06:21 PM
> Basically, I'm after any ideas or opinions you guys might have on what
> you'd want out of an XBOX/PS2/PC unicycling game?

Hey! How come you don't mention the gamecube!?

I'd rather play it in the comfort of my basement than in the awkwardness
of my kitchen.....

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

muniracer
December 7th 03, 06:58 PM
in one of the other threads about this same topic, it was argued that
such a game might be bad because it would not represent the difficulty
of riding and doing tricks (tony hawk does same for skateboarding) but
think of how many kids would want a unicycle for christmas after playing
this game for the first time...

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns XWonka!
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

XWonka
December 8th 03, 06:08 AM
jagur wrote:
> *anyone remember Kickman? *

no

--
XWonka - I'm divorced

"It is your feeble minded government, not mine, who participated in the
war which has not yet been justified." -Rowan

"Ya, freestyle is better for turing and mainly freestyle stuff. Trials
is way better for hopping..." Super_Evill

"Actually, the Hell on Wheel Gang does not -own- me. Come to think of
it, that's a pretty opressive statement and somewhat outdated in it's
nature."
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

jagur
December 8th 03, 06:24 AM
XWonka wrote:
> *no *
*D.O.B May 4th, 1985 *
yeah,you were born just before the great video game arcade crash.it was
a crazy time back then.all the kids would go hungry saving lunch money
and selling all their Star Wars toys to pawn shops for quarters to slip
into latest coin-op after school.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

Klaas Bil
December 8th 03, 07:14 AM
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 03:09:32 -0600, jagur
> wrote:

>how
>careless,Klaas.

I agree it was careless that you didn't initially include a reference
to the thread you meant. But I'll forgive you.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Friends don't let friends drop to flat - Kris Holm, discussing large drops to flat ground."

jagur
December 8th 03, 07:28 AM
Lardy Tarr...you will be getting a nice lump of coal in your stocking
now.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

XWonka
December 8th 03, 07:35 AM
Yeah. i was more of a Nintento 16bit man myself.

Boy and His Blob, Superspike V'ball, Duck Hunt, Super Mario, Mega Man,
Bomberman, Bubble Bobble, Paperboy, Double Dragon, Tecmo Bowl, and the
like. I was part of a generation of nurtured social-activity deprived
children whose parents used the TV as a babysitter and would become the
subject of several physological studies.

<sung>-memories...-</sung>

--
XWonka - I'm divorced

"It is your feeble minded government, not mine, who participated in the
war which has not yet been justified." -Rowan

"Ya, freestyle is better for turing and mainly freestyle stuff. Trials
is way better for hopping..." Super_Evill

"Actually, the Hell on Wheel Gang does not -own- me. Come to think of
it, that's a pretty opressive statement and somewhat outdated in it's
nature."
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home