PDA

View Full Version : Onza Onza Onza

aust
December 6th 03, 05:53 PM
hey guys i just got 'My new Onza 20\" trials uni'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albut57) and it is absolutely
fantastic! This, i must say is the lightest splined uni that i have ever
felt. The quality of this uni is awesome and with an aluminum seat post,
hollow crank arms, KH seat, 36 spline hub, nimbus II style frame,
Onza(made by alex) rim and awesome pedals strait out of the box you just
cant go wrong. The cranks also have the "anti-ankle hit feature" which
gives it an awesome feel, and actually i dont now why, helps my
stillstands? This uni is an eyecatcher and leaves me drueling everytime
i see it/ride it.

My overall conclusion of this uni is that everyone should have one and
it is an awesome uni!

any questions about the uni just post away!

--
aust - Austin

Uber Unicycler
Pro Paintballer
Supreme Snowboarder
Coooool Canadian

aust's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4767

joona
December 6th 03, 06:00 PM
Remember to drink enough if you keep drooling all the time:p

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

Mad as a moose (or atleast Minimoose)
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

GizmoDuck
December 6th 03, 07:24 PM
aust wrote:
> *
> This, i must say is the lightest splined uni that i have ever felt. *

Oi! oi! oi!

By the way, do you or anyone know how much an Onza hub weighs in
comparison to a Suzue or unicycle.com hub? Thinking of rebuilding my
Coker at some stage with a splined hub for easy crank changes.

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

The NZ Unicycle Weekend Gallery
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albut20

Murde Mental
December 7th 03, 03:02 AM
Once again....the does it fit a 3.0" tyre question.......

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

why do they sterilise needles for lethal injections?
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

gerblefranklin
December 7th 03, 03:53 AM
GizmoDuck wrote:
> *
>
> Oi! oi! oi!
>
> By the way, do you or anyone know how much an Onza hub weighs in
> comparison to a Suzue or unicycle.com hub? Thinking of rebuilding my
> Coker at some stage with a splined hub for easy crank changes. *

I don't reccomend it, the Onza hub seems to be kinda thin (flange to
flange), so it may weaken your wheel.

Also, for the sake of murde mental, I'd like to point out that aust is
describing the trials version(I know because I saw the pics, and also he
mentions the Onza rim "made by alex", which implies 19"), which of
course won't take a 3.0.

And also, just for my own sake, ditto to aust. My onza is awsome!:D

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

hell-on-wheel
December 7th 03, 07:06 AM
Actually, 'Alex rims'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=536) come in 24" and
26" too. Onza also makes a '24\" muni'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=748) now, however it
comes with a Kenda 2.6 tire. Now, it looks like they're just using the
Nimbus II frame, so in theory it should take a 3.0", unless those brake
bosses are in the way (can't quite tell from the picture).

But man, that Onza trials uni looks nice! I had thought about getting
one before, but now I'm glad I waited for the 2nd generation to come
out.

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

super_evill
December 8th 03, 01:50 AM
Murde Mental wrote:
> *Once again....the does it fit a 3.0" tyre question....... *

I think it does, I remember seeing that somewhere.

--
super_evill - Level 4

"Whadda ya want me to do, whack a guy, off a guy, whackoff a guy, cuz
I'm married"- Peter Griffin

super_evill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4492

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home