PDA

View Full Version : problems w/ Torker 20-inch

celestial49
December 7th 03, 06:23 PM
Has anyone had a problem with a standard 20-inch Torker uni, having the
seat twist and slide down gradually? Is there a way to remedy this?

--
celestial49 - No tricks yet
celestial49's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5005

muniracer
December 7th 03, 06:51 PM
if it has a quick release, swap it with a bolt on release. or just
tighten it more.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns XWonka!
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

celestial49
December 7th 03, 07:36 PM
Thank you. I will try that.

--
celestial49 - No tricks yet

"The future ain't what it used to be, and furthermore, it never was."
-Lee Hays
celestial49's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5005

john_childs
December 7th 03, 08:08 PM
Most unicycles come with a seatpost clamp like 'this'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=250). That type of
clamp does not work very well. The post will slip no matter how tight
you make it. It is best to replace that type of clamp with a BMX style
seatpost clamp. If you have a United style clamp hopefully it is not
welded onto the frame. If it's welded to the frame it is harder to
remove it to replace it with something better.

The BMX clamps will hold the seatpost nice and tight. They also make
clamps with two bolts like the Primo Viking that will solve all slipping
seatpost problems. I put the Primo Viking clamp on my stock Coker and
the post never slipped.

Unicycle.com has a good selection of seatpost clamps.
'seatpost clamps' (http://tinyurl.com/y4yk)

Most quick release clamps do not do very well on unicycles. Most of
them can't clamp tight enough, especially if they are using the 'United
style clamp' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=250). The
better quick release clamps will do OK, but the cheap ones based on the
United style clamp are no good.

You don't mention if you have a chrome Torker or one of the black
Torkers. The chrome Torkers have a 22.2mm seatpost while the black
Torkers have a 25.4mm seatpost. They'll need different size seatpost
clamps.

One solution is to bring your unicycle to a local bike shop that carries
BMX equipment and ask them for a good seatpost clamp that will fit. The
other option is to call up unicycle.com and ask them what they have that
will work.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Amos_And_Ego
December 7th 03, 08:18 PM
Anybody know if there is narrow quick-release clamp which is cheaper
than the Salsa Flip-Lock seat post clamp ($25)? I was thinking about
putting a quickrelease on my uni, but I hate the bulky quick leases
which cost $4 or $5, because I always hit my legs on them. The only
narrow quick release at unicycle.com is this Salsa flip-lock which cost
more than I want to pay.

--Amos

--