PDA

View Full Version : Mounts

treepotato
December 9th 03, 01:10 PM
I can free mount but i would love to be ablew to mount in an impressive
way and i wondered if anyone could give me tips on different mounts like
suicide and other types

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

peculiar
December 9th 03, 01:32 PM
I know how to do the jump and kick up mount. The jump mount is pretty
easy and it's the basic of a sucide mount. I must say that the jump and
sucide mount is all in the mind. Have to over come the mental fear. For
kick up mount, i believe there's quite a number of treads about it... :)

--
peculiar - muni newbie

-Simplicity is beauty-
peculiar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4290

GILD
December 9th 03, 02:30 PM
peculiar wrote:
> * For kick up mount, i believe there's quite a number of treads about
> it... :) *

true for all mounts
hit that 'search' function sister!

u say u can freemount
static or roll-back?
learn the other one

can u do it with both feet?

something to think about while u're searching

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more
hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have
ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
-- C. P. Snow
'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)
'and while u're in a good-deed-doing-mood...'
(http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

grey
December 9th 03, 03:46 PM
Check out 'The Unicycle Page' (http://www.unicycling.org/). Under
"Things to Do", click on "Unicycle Mounts". 'The Marsh sisters' page'
(http://members.tripod.com/~MarshT/) has a section on mounts on the
lower right, also.

--
grey - George Kleinert

"The feeling is weird - sort of like learning to use a single-wheel
prosthetic device to keep the earth away." - cyberbellum
grey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4330

eenwieler
December 9th 03, 06:09 PM
Just buy a giraf:D
Take the seat in you hand ( giraf in the front )
Run to the front
Jump on your seat and pedal backwards.

Thats looks very good:p

It was the first free mounth I could make on a giraf.

Ferko

--
eenwieler - One wheel is everything I need.

Eenwieler, Einrad, Unicycle, Monocycle. It is just the same!
eenwieler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3829

johnfoss
December 9th 03, 07:02 PM
For the most bang for your buck, learn the Kick-up Mount. Search on it
and you should find deatiled instructions.

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

treepotato
December 10th 03, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the advice i'll have a practice-different-mounts session
tonight! ;)

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

toddw9
February 24th 04, 06:05 AM
johnfoss wrote:
> *For the most bang for your buck, learn the Kick-up Mount. Search on
> it and you should find deatiled instructions. *

The kick up mount really does look good. I found it really easy to
learn too. I remember I got it for the first time on my 3rd or 4th
attempt. Did anyone else have a similar experience learning it?

--
toddw9 - Danger is my middle name, eh?

-"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do"-
-Henry Ford
toddw9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4466

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home