PDA

View Full Version : unicycle packs and carrying a uni

thinuniking
December 9th 03, 08:15 PM
on one of Kris Holms videos Into The Thunder Dragon I think, the one
with Nathan in anyway, when they are going up mountains they some how
strap their unicycle to their bags how is this done?
any one have a clever way of carrying a unicycle when not riding?

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

cleofis99
December 9th 03, 08:39 PM
Don't worry its not hard i'm snowboarder so i bought a small board bag
it was only 29 pounds really strong and weights nothing. you just wrap
the strap for a board around the unicycle frame and and one round the
seat post. But you can just use a small walking bag as these stay tight
against your back and have loads of staps that you can just pull round
and put them in "the wrong" clips or binders this should hold your uni
on, then feel free to trek up mountains i've done it laods and it works
no problem.

--
cleofis99
cleofis99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5019

toddw9
December 10th 03, 03:55 AM
I wonder if 'this shovel holder' (http://tinyurl.com/yjbn) would work
for carrying a unicycle. If you look, you'll see how i think it would
work. It looks like it would probably only work for smaller wheel sizes
though. possibly 20", probably not 24". For $3.50, I think I'll go
pick one up tomorrow afternoon and see if it works. If not, I can
always return it.

There's a 'snowboard attatchment' (http://tinyurl.com/yjbo) too, i'd
assume it straps on to a backpack the same way. I'm sure there's a way
to make it work for a unicycle.

--
toddw9 - No, I'm not a clown.
toddw9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4466

UniBrier
December 10th 03, 06:03 AM
From the thread 'backpacks' (http://tinyurl.com/yju1):

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

toddw9
December 10th 03, 10:58 PM
I just went and picked up one of those shovel holders that i mentioned 2
posts up. for 3 bucks, i'll make it work. I'm not using it in the same
way I had imagined... it's not quite big enough. I figured out another
way to use it to attatch the uni, and it works great!

--
toddw9 - No, I'm not a clown.
toddw9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4466

gbarnes
December 10th 03, 11:07 PM
Arc'Teryx Miura 30s are on sale right now at Mountain Gear:
http://tinyurl.com/yod6

This is a heck of a price on a heck of a pack. I have the larger M40,
and I'm really pleased with it. The roll top is completely waterproof
(well, rain proof anyway).

--
gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

gbarnes
December 10th 03, 11:15 PM
(oops, missed the edit time)

I meant to mention that I had this pack strapped on the back of my bike
during my pilgrimage to Unicycle.com. Seven days of rain and the
contents of the pack were always dry, unlike everything else on the bike
(including me).

| Attachment filename: gb4_connie.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/177718|

gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

uniextreme
December 13th 03, 04:15 AM
Hey toddw9 is that shovel pack $3.00 for a whole backpack or just for
the straps???????????????????:confused:

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

uniextreme
December 13th 03, 04:20 AM
O ya, and for the snow board back pack, if i were to ride a bike would
it work, or would it drag on something or be really uncomfortable?

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

toddw9
December 13th 03, 08:02 AM
uniextreme wrote:
> *Hey toddw9 is that shovel pack $3.00 for a whole backpack or just for
> the straps???????????????????:confused: *

just the straps. They're designed to fit on Serratus backpacks, but
they fit on a number of other packs as well.
Same deal for the snowboard attatchment; it's just the straps. I'm not
sure how that would work for strapping a uni, haven't tried it. I'm
sure something could be figured out pretty easily to keep anything from
dragging if you are riding a bike.

--
toddw9 - No, I'm not a clown.
toddw9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4466

wobbling bear
December 18th 03, 05:53 PM
thinuniking wrote:
> *any one have a clever way of carrying a unicycle when not riding? *

I went into a surf shop and bought a body-board bag (sales price!)
it fit marvelously my 20" trial uni + protection gear and helmet.
I've used it to carry my uni aboard planes ...
it's trendy but the luggage people are always wondering what's *that*
so following advice from this forum I answer "circus apparel".

bear

--
wobbling bear - GranPa goes-a-wobblin'
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716