PDA

View Full Version : Unicycle Popularity

Beener
December 9th 03, 08:38 PM
Is it just me, or is there a huge amount of unicycles for sale on Ebay.
Is unicycling becoming the Xtreme (I hate that word) sport of the month
or what. Does everyone think that unicycling is finally taking off, or
does this happen every year at Xmas and I never noticed before.

--
Beener - oldschool onewheeler

If you swear, you'll catch no fish.
Beener's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3817

johnfoss
December 9th 03, 10:09 PM
I think the current swell is for Christmas, but the number of unicycles
on eBay is definitely increasing. Our sport grows.

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

The_SkunkMan
December 9th 03, 10:26 PM
More uni's being sold on ebay could mean more people are selling theres
because thay don't want them. A lot of stuff on ebay is old stuff people
don't want anymore

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

bugman
December 9th 03, 11:15 PM
Actually, I would have to disagree. Istitutional sellers on E-Bay sell
the items that sell frequently. That is how they make money. Some
people like to think of E-Bay as a huge garage sale were everybody
unloads their junk. I find it just the opposite. I go their to get
deals on new stuff I would never find at a retail store, or even an
online retailer. I just ordered a Nikon Digital Camera for about $100
less than if I bought it locally. So if there are more Unicycles being
sold on E-Bay it is likely the demand is increasing.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home