PDA

View Full Version : Stand up wheelwalk and Koosh Koosh

sabin_a.
December 11th 03, 05:32 AM
I have been practicing a lot of trials stuff, so I have decided to work
on my freestyling a little bit. I would like to know, which is easier to
learn first, stand up wheelwalk or Koosh Koosh? I really want to learn
to stand up wheelwalk cause it looks sooooo impresive.
Could any of you give me some tips on how to stand up wheelwalk as
well as Koosh Koosh?

This would be a big help. :)

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - Trials rider

Revenge is sweet, but too many sweets can cause cavities.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

unicycleboy
December 11th 03, 09:53 AM
Do you mean stand up koosh koosh or normal koosh koosh?

I prefer forwards stand up wheel walk.
Tips.
Learn by starting from a wall and following a wall, it may feel real odd
to start off with but then becomes natural.

Ive noticed 2 differnt ways of doing this trick, one is not moving the
body and only the leg/foot of the foot that is pushing the tyre.

The next is a motion that includes most of the body and is faster ;)

Its important with this trick to keep upright,

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

TheObieOne3226
December 11th 03, 10:33 AM
errrrrrr....whats a koosh koosh? is it something insane that ive never
even seen or just a different name for something?

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

johnfoss
December 11th 03, 07:46 PM
TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *errrrrrr....whats a koosh koosh? *
It's not to be confused with couscous (a food; look it up). It's one of
the limited number of skills, transitions and mounts that have names and
definitions officially listed by the IUF. It's found in the Rulebook.
The Rulebook is found here:
http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/

An earlier version of the rulebook is in web form, so you can look
tricks up directly. The Standard Skill List portion of the 1998 Rulebook
is the same as the current one:
http://tinyurl.com/1yem

As the tricks get more difficult and complex, it gets harder to
definitively say which one is harder than another. Much of this has to
do with what you have already learned, and personal preference. For
tricks such as these, the best way to figure out which is harder is to
work on both. The one you get first, assuming you give them equal time,
is the easier. :D

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

sabin_a.
December 12th 03, 01:00 AM
Unicycleboy, I was talking about regular Koosh Koosh, not stand up Koosh
Koosh.
As for the stand up wheelwalk I can go along side a wall pretty
well, and I can go from pushing off a wall not holding on to anything.
But I was wondering, How do you get into stand up wheelwalk without
holding on to anything?

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - Trials rider

Revenge is sweet, but too many sweets can cause cavities.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

unicycleboy
December 13th 03, 10:22 AM
Ways to get into Stand up wheel walk without holding anything?

well the only one i know is the jump with no hands into stand up wheel
walk its easy to learn but its took me so long to learn riding into
stand up glide with no hands :)

or do you mean without using a wall?

one footed wheel walk is a good way to get into just hold the seat and
the foot on the fork basicly stands up and wallah!

theres the jump from standing kinda easyiest way to get up as i
started.

If you have seen the japanese do it, they are unbelievable at it.

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

sabin_a.
December 13th 03, 06:51 PM
Unicycleboy, Thanks for the info. What height do you have your seat at
when you stand up wheelwalk?

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - Trials rider

Revenge is sweet, but too many sweets can cause cavities.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

unicycleboy
December 14th 03, 10:06 AM
usually above my knee caps. I have the seat the highest i can ride with
:)

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Klaas Bil
December 15th 03, 03:05 AM
There is a lot of stand-up wheelwalking, including several kinds of
getting into and out of it, in the videos that John Childs put in his
'Japanese Freestyle' gallery
<http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/JapaneseFreestyle>.

Klaas Bil

reposted directly on the forum. after almost 24 hours my newsgroup post
still didn't show up.

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442