PDA

View Full Version : Giraffe on the loose in downtown Seattle

tomblackwood
December 13th 03, 02:24 AM
We take a lot of uni pics, and some come out okay. The one below taken
by my wife is one of the few that have come out _really_ okay.

http://tinyurl.com/z17s

I especially like the visual and technical parallels between the uni
frame structure and the Space Needle. The photo seems a little lonely to
me, but if you could only see the grin on the other side of that kid's
head...

Most of the other shots in that gallery also feature my son on his
inaugural ride of his new giraffe. Not a big surprise since Mom was
wielding the camera. What we missed was capturing some of the great
riding that others did at Gasworks that day. There was some serious
trials work being done by Sabin, Harper, John_Childs, and Unibrier.
Maybe someone else there that day will post some of those.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

tomblackwood
December 13th 03, 02:26 AM
tomblackwood wrote:
> *We take a lot of uni pics, and some come out okay.*

And when I say "we", I mean "me, my wife, and my son". Not trying to dis
the photo-taking skills of the RSU population. :cool:

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

john_childs
December 13th 03, 04:15 AM
That photo is very reminiscent of Woody Hooten on the Roseville
Telephone phonebook.

'Woody's phonebook photo' (http://www.unicycling.com/hooten/) (Scroll
down to the middle of the page)

That's a good photo.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

tomblackwood
December 13th 03, 07:19 AM
john_childs wrote:
> *That photo is very reminiscent of Woody Hooten on the Roseville
> Telephone phonebook. That's a good photo. *

That is some serious heartland.... What a shot. It needs to be
accompanied by a Pat Metheny acoustic guitar cut....maybe something off
of "Beyond the Missouri Sky". Jjuggle: other suggestions for
soundtrack?

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

john_childs
December 13th 03, 07:36 AM
john_childs wrote:
> *That's a good photo. *

After re-reading my post I can see that there could be some confusion
about which photo my "That's a good photo" comment was referring to.
Sloppiness on my part. My comment was in reference to the photo of
Miles. Woody's photo is also very nice, but he had to sell his soul for
that shot. Miles got off a lot easier since it was his birthday.

And how did you manage to edit me out of the photo? I could have sworn
that I was riding around in circles in front of Miles trying to make him
fall. :confused:

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

tomblackwood
December 13th 03, 07:54 AM
john_childs wrote:
> *After re-reading my post I can see that there could be some confusion
> about which photo my "That's a good photo" comment was referring to.
> My comment was in reference to the photo of Miles. And how did you
> manage to edit me out of the photo? I could have sworn that I was
> riding around in circles in front of Miles trying to make him fall.
> :confused: *

They're both good shots. I didn't edit you out, you're just not there
from a time-stamp perspective. You were actually about two feet from the
shot just off "stage left", riding full tilt toward Miles. Three seconds
after this shot was taken--you might recall--you zoomed across his path
and took him out at the knees. All because he had the nerve to question
if you -really- broke that Profile crank......

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

onewheelsf
December 13th 03, 07:59 AM
Just starting to ride, after 25+ years, I'm reminded of how difficult
that tall thig is! Thanks for the memories!

--
onewheelsf
onewheelsf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5047

johnfoss
December 16th 03, 10:35 PM
That picture first reminded me of this one:
http://www.unicycling.com/winteruni/81rencen.htm

They both have sunset light in them. Unless you guys like to get up
sick-early...

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

one wheeled stallion
December 17th 03, 04:22 PM
Is the Experience Music Project still in Seattle??????

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

john_childs
December 17th 03, 08:53 PM
one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *Is the Experience Music Project still in Seattle?????? *

Yup. Right 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/3cuzy). Quite an interesting
building.

More 'pictures' (http://tinyurl.com/yvgsk) of the EMP building.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

UniBrier
December 18th 03, 03:44 AM
Just to come full circle with Seattle, Giraffes, and EMP:

The TCUC tall giraffe riders were all staged at (against) the EMP for
the Unicon Torchlight Parade.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

one wheeled stallion
December 18th 03, 08:42 PM
That's cool, thanks for the link! Went a couple of years ago and had a
blast! :-) Ah the James Brown tour of Funk....

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home