PDA

View Full Version : Seeking San Francisco MUni/Uni's

onewheelsf
December 13th 03, 07:06 AM
San Francisco, CA. -- Looking for riders and enthusiasts to launch a
riding group and club. SF has perfect terrain for any type of riding,
but not many riders. Who do you know? Send him/her this way!! I need
riding partners and am serious about organizing a club or group offering
weekly rides, lessons, whatever it takes to build a community around
UNICYCLING! PLEASE HELP--RESPOND WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS.
Thx!

--
onewheelsf
onewheelsf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5047

mscalisi
December 13th 03, 07:59 AM
In Oakland. I'd be up for some rides.

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

onewheelsf
December 13th 03, 08:06 AM
mscalisi wrote:
> *In Oakland. I'd be up for some rides. *

Cool. It's a great start. How do we contact?

--
onewheelsf
onewheelsf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5047

onewheelsf
December 13th 03, 08:45 AM
email me . thanks

--
onewheelsf
onewheelsf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5047

UniBrier
December 13th 03, 05:03 PM
You might want to contact Gerblefranklin or Tom Holub whether they are
still meeting for 'Wednesday night Basket Ball in Berkeley'
(http://tinyurl.com/z30p) . It would be an easy BART ride to get out
there.

There's quite a few riders in the greater SF Bay area. Check out 'A
Coker Weekend' (http://tinyurl.com/z30q).

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

gerblefranklin
December 13th 03, 09:38 PM
onewheelsf wrote:
> *San Francisco, CA. -- Looking for riders and enthusiasts to launch a
> riding group and club. SF has perfect terrain for any type of riding,
> but not many riders. Who do you know? Send him/her this way!! I
> need riding partners and am serious about organizing a club or group
> offering weekly rides, lessons, whatever it takes to build a community
> around UNICYCLING! PLEASE HELP--RESPOND WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND
> SUGGESTIONS. Thx! *

What kind of riding?? Uroboros (Mike) and I ride trials in justin herman
plaza on thursday nights at 7 with some bike trials guys (I haven't been
lately cuz I pulled a muscle in my shoulder, and have had to stay away
from heavy trials for a few weeks, but I'll be back jumpin in a few
days). I also do unicycle basketbell in Oakland at 6:30 in strawberry
creek park. We get about 10-15 riders, although lately it's been closer
to 8.

What part of town are you in, and more importantly, what kind of riding
and where do you want to do it? I ride to and from school down dolores
street, and now I do box trials in front of my house (Bernal heights). I
also occasionaly do muni on Bernal hill, and I used to do trials at the
park behind the BH branch library. I'd be down with some trials in the
embarcaderro, or freestyle on some basketball courts. We really don't
have any good muni spots, unless you want to do some short rides on Twin
Peaks or Bernal hill. I also know of a rider in bayview and another
serious one in BH.
I haven't gone a day without riding for the last 2 months, so I'm plenty
serious about a club, but first we need to get some riding straight.
What level rider are you (how many years?)? I can onefoot and wheelwalk,
and glide and all that, so I'd also be fine to do some coaching (or
hopefully get coached). To find good spots, we need to get the general
jist of what people find difficult, so we don't go somehwere like with a
bunch of really good riders, and only find some curbs. BTW, sf doesn't
really have that great a terrain I've found:( . Only 2 good trials
spots, and almost no muni places.

E-mail me at

P.S. If it makes a difference, I'd rather do trials than freestyle, just
because trials is more fun:p .

--
gerblefranklin

I don't break equipment, I make it cheaper.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home