PDA

View Full Version : Re: NAUCC 2003 results on the USA Web site

tadaniels
December 13th 03, 04:34 PM
Kevin Giltertson has posted the NAUCC 2003 results at:
http://www.unicycling.org/usa/naucc/2003/

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352

Ben Plotkin-Swing
December 13th 03, 10:49 PM
These results seem a somewhat incomplete. Or at least the MUni results.
The Uphill and Cross country events are missing entirely, and the Trials
results seem to be missing everything but the intermediate category.

I understand that it's a lot of work getting these results online, but I
hope they're published eventually. Is there anything I'd be able to do
to help?

Ben

--
Ben Plotkin-Swing

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378

Gilby
December 13th 03, 11:39 PM
The Uphill results are now on there: http://tinyurl.com/z4c6

I've sent an email off to Andy Cotter to try to get the rest of the
corrections that you mentioned.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

john_childs
December 14th 03, 01:25 AM
My miraculous finish in the ultimate wheel race is also missing. I
finished the race without DQ'ing, honest.

I've been curious to find out if I came in dead last for people who
didn't DQ. Wouldn't it be cool to be last in that race? :)

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Gilby
December 14th 03, 05:18 AM
All the MUni stuff should now be there now. The marathon open has also
been added.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

chirokid
December 14th 03, 07:26 AM
Can someone explain the Muni Uphill Competition? Was it a long graual
off-road uphill, raced for time? Or was it a very steep hill that was
raced to see who could climb the highest? Or am I totally wrong and
just guessing wildly? --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

tadaniels
December 14th 03, 03:00 PM
The uphill is an optional event, totally at the discretion of the event
organizers. Every NAUCC uphill competition has been a little different,
depending on the available course. The uphill is usually a very steep,
relatively short climb. Riders attempt the climb individually. Times are
taken. In the event a rider can not complete the entire climb, distances
are also recorded. A number of riders usually complete the entire climb
and the lowest times are used to award placings. In the event nobody
completes the entire climb, the rider reaching the highest point on the
course would be declared the winner.

If the course is considered to be tough, riders may be allowed to
remount and continue. Other times, dismounts may not be allowed. Again,
it depends on the course.

At NAUCC 2003, the uphill was conducted on a very steep grass covered
hill in a park in Minneapolis. At NAUCC 2002 and NUC 1999, it took place
on a more rugged, dirt / gravel / rock runnout area at a ski slope in
the Washington Cascades.

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352