PDA

View Full Version : Re: Riding with seat out in front

James_Potter
December 13th 03, 04:57 PM
The most difficult thing about it when you're first starting out is that
the seat seems to want to move left and right. Try going next to a wall
and doing a seat in front stillstand, and see if it moves back and
forth.
Also, keep it close to your body.

Here's a site that'll help: http://www.members.tripod.com/~MarshT/

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-This post *would* be in the most replies thread, if *KILLBY* hadn't
killed it.-

peculiar
December 14th 03, 07:25 AM
Have you tried riding with seat on stomach? It help's a lot when trying
to learn seat in front. :)

--
peculiar - muni newbie

-Simplicity is beauty-
peculiar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4290

Memphis Mud
December 15th 03, 12:32 PM
I couldn't ride seat on stomach OR seat out front until a kid in our
club suggested its ok to firmly press the seat against your belly.

It was good advice. Holding the front of the seat, press it hard into
your abdomen 5 inches or so below your bellybutton.

It is a transition posture that allows you to train your feet. Within
3-4 minutes I was riding seat on Stomach. And these days I've been able
(timidly) to learn to hold the seat out away from my body some during
Seat out Front practice.

Its all about training your feet. If you're under 20, this will only
take minutes. If you're over 40, it could take months.;)

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

onewheelwizzard
December 15th 03, 08:14 PM
Seat-in-front was the first real trick I learned. Seat-in-stomach does
help a great deal. What I did was mount next to a wall, take the seat
out and put it in my stomach, and try to ride from a standing start. I
got it pretty quickly. Then I tried holding the seat while staying
upright, from a standing start. Once I got that, I went on to pulling
it out while riding.

One thing I've noticed is that it's FAR easier to hold your seat by the
side. Don't pull it out by the front or the handle ... and then hold it
like that. Move your hand to the side of the seat or else the back of
the seat will twist and the wheel will follow suit, resulting in
failure.

Good luck!

--
onewheelwizzard - Rincewind, Wizzard Inept

What, my name? Well, usually people call me "Get him!" Of course, when
they want to be formal they'll say "Don't let him get away!"
onewheelwizzard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3955

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home