PDA

View Full Version : Custom singlespeed disc rotor

spademan o---[ *
October 29th 03, 11:45 AM
The finishing touch for every zealous singlespeeder (that'll be all of you then)...

<http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

Michael Dart
October 29th 03, 12:13 PM
"spademan o---[ *" > wrote in message
om...
> The finishing touch for every zealous singlespeeder (that'll be all of you
then)...

> <http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

Who censored it, you or Hope?

Mike

Stephen Baker
October 29th 03, 12:45 PM
Spademan says:

><http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

Ah, c'mon, Steve - It ain't a real singlespeed if it has disks.........

<jumps into flame-retardant undies>

Steve

Carla A-G
October 29th 03, 01:35 PM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> Spademan says:
>

><http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>
>
> Ah, c'mon, Steve - It ain't a real singlespeed if it has disks.........
>
> <jumps into flame-retardant undies>
>
> Steve

The I invite you to come and test ride mine...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G
October 29th 03, 01:37 PM
"spademan o---[ *" > wrote in message
om...
> The finishing touch for every zealous singlespeeder (that'll be all of you
then)...

> <http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

No, this is the finishing touch:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/95608794/95609779ZQUuiA

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Dave W
October 29th 03, 01:53 PM
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/95608794/95609779ZQUuiA

Hey, how'd you know that?

Dave (but it really doesn't!)

Paladin
October 29th 03, 02:47 PM
spademan o---[ * wrote:

> The finishing touch for every zealous singlespeeder (that'll be all of you then)...
>
> <http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

Now that's funny. And appropriate.

Paladin

Sir Ride-A-Lot
October 29th 03, 03:34 PM
Test-ride your undies? Before or after you ride? This could be a sick
fetish starting!

"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> "Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> > Spademan says:
> >

><http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>
> >
> > Ah, c'mon, Steve - It ain't a real singlespeed if it has disks.........
> >
> > <jumps into flame-retardant undies>
> >
> > Steve
>
> The I invite you to come and test ride mine...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G
October 29th 03, 03:51 PM
"Sir Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-Lot> wrote in message
> Test-ride your undies? Before or after you ride? This could be a sick
> fetish starting!

I don't ride with undies, that's what spannies and baggies are for.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Sir Ride-A-Lot
October 29th 03, 03:53 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> "Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> > Spademan says:
> >

><http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>
> >
> > Ah, c'mon, Steve - It ain't a real singlespeed if it has disks.........
> >
> > <jumps into flame-retardant undies>
> >
> > Steve
>
> The I invite you to come and test ride mine...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Sorry for the top-post. Stinking touch-pad is a pain in the ass.

Sir Ride-A-Lot
October 29th 03, 04:54 PM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> "Sir Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-Lot> wrote in message
> > Test-ride your undies? Before or after you ride? This could be a sick
> > fetish starting!
>
> I don't ride with undies, that's what spannies and baggies are for.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

You know you can make a lot of money selling those things after you ride on
eBay.

supabonbon
October 29th 03, 08:51 PM
(spademan o---[ *) wrote in message >...
> The finishing touch for every zealous singlespeeder (that'll be all of you then)...
>
> <http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

Dork.

/s

Stephen Baker
October 29th 03, 10:25 PM
Carla says:

>The I invite you to come and test ride mine...

Don't think I won't try to take you up on that some day. Have you got a
seatpost long enough to suit a 6' out-of-condition geezer? ;-)

Steve

MattB
October 29th 03, 11:26 PM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> Spademan says:
>

><http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>
>
> Ah, c'mon, Steve - It ain't a real singlespeed if it has disks.........
>
> <jumps into flame-retardant undies>
>
> Steve

Just how retro does a bike need to be to be "real"?

Should it be cast iron? Fixed gear? Drum brakes? No brakes?
Just curious where the cutoff is, since this seems to be a matter of degree
rather than principle.

Matt

Mark Hickey
October 30th 03, 01:57 AM
Paladin > wrote:

>> <http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

>Now that's funny. And appropriate.

I wouldn't want to actually depend on it though - I can't imagine that
the disc wouldn't start bending in the "skinny little bits" between
the letters. Eeeek.

But like most bike stuff, fashion trumps function... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

miles todd
October 30th 03, 06:05 AM
MattB wrote:

> "Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
>
>>Spademan says:
>>

>><http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>
>>
>>Ah, c'mon, Steve - It ain't a real singlespeed if it has disks.........
>>
>><jumps into flame-retardant undies>
>>
>>Steve
>

> Just how retro does a bike need to be to be "real"?
>
> Should it be cast iron? Fixed gear? Drum brakes? No brakes?
> Just curious where the cutoff is, since this seems to be a matter of degree
> rather than principle.
>
> Matt

Ah, Matt. If you have been told that single speeding is "retro" you
have been lied to. Nothing about it has to do with any sense of
nostalgia. At all. Well, there is one aspect of nostalgia, and that is
that it's a lot like when you first started riding a bike- very little
to distract you from actually mastering the art of it.

As far as single speeding being somehow more "pure", well, that's
horse**** too. It isn't, except that there is a lot less to help the
rider compensate for inabilities, like low gears, or heaps of suspension
travel. It is a more raw experience- you can do it, or you can't. End
of discussion. If that's somehow more pure, I can't see it.

I don't own a multispeed mountain bike. I just can't seem to enjoy
riding them as much as I love my single speed. I have gone through a
lot of multis, too: Yeti ARC, Ibis Ripley, Voodoo D-Jab, Sycip
Unleaded. Nice bikes, every one. Dream bikes, really. Still, the bike
I wind up spending my time on is my single speed. I finally just
admitted defeat and sold my last multi.

I've been SSing for a few years now. I enjoy getting other riders into
the SS fold, but I don't particularly evangelize, and I think the "Your
Bike Sucks" attitude so prevalent in SSers to be sophomoric. I do have
a Spot Brand t-shirt that says one****ingspeed, though...

Miles

spademan o---[ *
October 30th 03, 08:39 AM
(spademan o---[ *) wrote in message >...
> The finishing touch for every zealous singlespeeder (that'll be all of you then)...
>
> <http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

Should perhaps have said that it wasn't mine...

Stephen Baker
October 30th 03, 12:21 PM
Spademan says:

>Should perhaps have said that it wasn't mine...

Hmmmm..... it "looked" familiar. Wasn't our own Shaun-boy talking about such
a beast a while back (like this time lasy year-ish?)

Steve

Shaun Rimmer
October 30th 03, 04:22 PM
"Mark Hickey" > wrote in message
> Paladin > wrote:

<http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1083003&outx=600&oq=0&noresize=1&nostamp=1>

> >Now that's funny. And appropriate.
>
> I wouldn't want to actually depend on it though - I can't imagine that
> the disc wouldn't start bending in the "skinny little bits" between
> the letters. Eeeek.
>
> But like most bike stuff, fashion trumps function... ;-)

Have you not seen a photo of my Hope Mini rotor? Big writing all the way
round, just like that - stops me brilliantly, and does not bend even when
rocks bounce off it (so far).

Shaun aRe

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home