PDA

View Full Version : Re: Coolest skill I know

thinuniking
December 14th 03, 02:40 PM
Today I managed a mixture of most my coolest skills in one. I had seen
it on the Twin City video but only realized after I managed the skill
where I had seen it. I don’t know what you call it but it is a mixture
of gliding(kind of) ,1 ft wheel walk and 1 ft ride. I can’t glide yet
but it’s as close as I have ever got. You start off in 1 ft idle the
place your foot on the wheel as if doing a 1 ft ww but do take you other
foot off the pedal the start to 1 ft ww until your pedal with a foot on
is a the highest point then pedal like you do while 1 ft riding but
leaving your other ft on the wheel so it is kind of gliding. If you keep
your momentum going you should continue to “glide”. If not 1 ft ww till
your pedal with ft on is at the highest point and start the “glide”
again it is loads of fun and not that hard.
Is this a useful tool whilst learning to glide? Even if it’s not it’s
loads of fun so go out and try it!
I have been doing for about 40 mins and can do about 6-7 revs. I also
managed a rev of backward 1 ft ride while I was out there so it’s been a
productive session. I am going out to try it again now!

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

unicycleboy
December 14th 03, 03:24 PM
I found pull gliding a nice help to find the balance and foot presure.

or the other simple way is from 1 foot wheel walk and just giving a gut
push and recover it with the presure of the foot eg gliding for a tiny
bit.

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

thinuniking
December 14th 03, 06:03 PM
sorry I ment coolest trick I can do.I did not learn it to help me with
gliding i was interested if it did that was all.i managed a mini glide
from doing it a little later after i posted it is just a lot of fun
really

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

James_Potter
December 14th 03, 08:29 PM
I actually used to do one footed riding with the foot partially on the
tire. Probably because I learned while going down a slight hill, so I
used it to keep from going too fast. It was a bad habit, but really fun.

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-Give a man a match, and he's warm for an hour. Light a man on fire, and
he's warm for life.-

andrew_carter
December 14th 03, 11:57 PM
I also like that trick and I really liked it before I learnt to glide.
I thi8nk it may have helped a little for learning to glide but the best
one in my opinion is gliding behind a shopping trolley. I didn't think
of doing thise until after learning to glide but I've been doing it a
little for coasting. It lets you get a feel of what you sahould be
doing without being too difficult. I think the trick you described is a
fun one to watch too.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Open now!

thinuniking
December 15th 03, 04:51 PM
i will have to try it some time. i have riden behind a shoping cart
again after i learn to ride it was really strange

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294