PDA

View Full Version : Cokers?

The_SkunkMan
December 15th 03, 01:59 PM
What are coker uni's used for? What is good Muni? I more into trial and
freestyle riding, but I might start Muni.

--
The_SkunkMan
The_SkunkMan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4936

cyberbellum
December 15th 03, 02:22 PM
The_SkunkMan wrote:
> *
> What are coker uni's used for?
> *

Opening bottles of Coca Cola. They were originally just a marketing
stunt, but now built-in bottle openers are common on unicycles. Torker
is coming out with a unicycle that opens twist-off caps.

The trend is moving to bicycles, too. Surly is selling a line of fixed
gear bikes with built-in bottle openers in the rear fork ends.
Campagnolo has been trying for years to integrate a corkscrew into their
brake levers, however product safety concerns keep this just an R&D
effort.

;) ;) ;)

--
cyberbellum - Level 0.5 rider

Optimists think the glass is half full. Pesimists think the glass is
half empty. Engineers think the glass is too big.
cyberbellum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4550

chirokid
December 15th 03, 02:41 PM
The_SkunkMan wrote:
> *What are coker uni's used for? I might start Muni. *

Cokers are not normally used for Muni.
They are used to humble those who think they can free-mount anything.
:D --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

shadowuni
December 15th 03, 08:31 PM
correction, cokers are for those who think they can IDLE anything. i
like to seat out hop and one foot my coker, but it is really used for
going fast and travelling. i can go about 12mph on mine. they are
definitely a uni to have in your collection.

--
shadowuni - Level 4.5 Unicyclist

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

carjug
December 15th 03, 10:45 PM
Cokers are used to make mechanics humble and frustrated.

--
carjug
carjug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1228

muddycycle
December 16th 03, 12:35 AM
Cokers are mobile launch platforms! Today I was going down a steep
muddy downhill single track trail when I hit a small log that was hiding
under the leaves, the bounce sent me flying into the air. After awhile I
was thinking “hey shouldn’t I be on the ground about now”. It felt like
being in a cartoon where gravity doesn’t kick in till you look down.

Happy flying.

--
muddycycle - Nonchalance

"What can possiby mystify a madman?"
Hegira: Greg Bear
muddycycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1283

Krashin'Kenny
December 16th 03, 12:48 AM
Cokers are for:
Making my 24x3 MUni and my 28" uni look like toys by comparision

| Attachment filename: 3 unis.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/178411|

Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

samuel
December 18th 03, 02:29 AM
I'm afraid bottle openers on bikes have been around for some time.
I forget which company but I remember someone posting here a while ago
with a photo of a mtb's headstem which contained a bottle opener....

--
samuel - TROGDOR!! TROGDOR!!!

Gazzaloddi - Who says three inches can't be satisfying?
samuel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3535

john_childs
December 18th 03, 03:48 AM
samuel wrote:
> *I'm afraid bottle openers on bikes have been around for some time.
> I forget which company but I remember someone posting here a while ago
> with a photo of a mtb's headstem which contained a bottle opener.... *

The BMX stem that doubles as a bottle opener was mentioned in my amazing
thread about my 'Aircorps opening a bottle of root beer'
(http://tinyurl.com/2grr).

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Mikefule
December 18th 03, 07:42 AM
Cokers are for going out for an hour's ride and doing well over 12
miles.

Cokers are for riding 50 miles or more in a day.

Cokers are for riding through the woods or along the river bank with
miles and miles between UPDs.

Cokers are for cruising along single track on autopilot while you change
your top and put it in your rucksack, then search for something to eat,
have drink of water, then suddenly realise what you're doing.

Cokers will go off road and enjoy it.

Cokers are for maxing out at bicycle speeds then launching you into
orbit.

They're jolly spiffing actually.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

A young girl was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth then
rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coastguard spokesman
commented, "This sort of thing is all too common". (The Times)

greyhairedguy
December 18th 03, 04:22 PM
i like your room color. we have a room very similar room to that one.
i even think we have the same baseboard--we also have a blue room and a
green room. sure livens up the home.

--
greyhairedguy - I need to ride.
greyhairedguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3475

Krashin'Kenny
December 18th 03, 06:04 PM
greyhairedguy wrote:
> *i like your room color. we have a room very similar room to that
> one. i even think we have the same baseboard--we also have a blue
> room and a green room. sure livens up the home. *

Thanks, we also have a green room and a red room to go with the yellow
one

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home