PDA

View Full Version : Unicycle Competition in January!!

uniryder777
December 15th 03, 08:31 PM
results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/29402
Question: Are you coming to Wheeljam 2004!!

- Yes I am coming.
- Can't make it.
- Maybe

Yo RIDERS!!

Some new details on our coming event on January 10th 2004 in Bristol
CT...

FUNKADELIC WHEELJAM!!

We now officially have a list of 33 people who may show at this event.
My estimate is a group of about 20. E-mail me at
for the up to date list.

CT Bike Indoor Freestyle Arena is officially hosting our event from 5-9
PM on January 10th 2004

Competition will be organized as follows:
Each competitor will be given 2 minutes and 30 seconds to ride on a
course consisting of street, trials, MUni, and flatland obstacles. They
will also be given the option to set their run to music on our sound
system. Bring your own cds. You will then be judged by each competitor
on a scale of 1-10 in three categories: Skill, Style, and Creativity. An
average of your scores taken from the other riders will then reveal your
final score. This gives each rider the chance to see where he is at
compared to the other riders in the comp. There will be two classes to
compete in: Beginner and Expert. Expert class has a 1st prize of $125,
Beginner $75.

Many products will be given away or sold at the event including
materials from unicycle.com, insane.unicyclist.com, Cutting Edge, and
Gravity Warehouse

ALL ARE WELCOME TO COMPETE!!! COME REGARDLESS OF SKILL LEVEL!!!

Also: if you are interested in riding with my group during the afternoon
of Saturday before the competition and on Sunday afterwards you are
welcome. I have plenty of hosting space at my house provided you come
with money for meals. We will ride outdoors depending on weather.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS ON SATURDAY January 10th!!:

12- 4: all are welcome to come and ride with my group in the Berlin and
Bristol CT areas.

4:30 set up for comp at CT Bike

5-6: registration, riding, and craziness begin.

6-8: competition. Beginner class starts first.

8-9: games and twisted comps including halfpipe comp.

SITES TO GO TO FOR INFO:
http://www.freewebs.com/wheeljam :: Official comp site with details

http://www.unicycle.com :: Ad for wheeljam up soon

http://www.sykoproductions.com :: Dan Heatons Syko Productions site has
our ad up!!

Good luck and keep me posted as to whether you will show!!

-TJ

--
uniryder777 - Intermediate Trials Rider

Bloody shins in CT!!!
www.insane.unicyclist.com
uniryder777's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1595

johnfoss
December 16th 03, 12:08 AM
I'd love to be there (but can't). Sounds like a cool new approached to
competitive unicycling. This is what we should do in place of the Open-X
event at NAUCC/UNICON...

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

uni412
December 16th 03, 01:21 AM
I'll be there!

--