PDA

View Full Version : What do you carry in your camelback?

Memphis Mud
December 15th 03, 09:29 PM
I've only got one little pocket on my camelback. I have to dump
everything out when I try to find one allen wrench. But I was surprised
by how much I've fit into that little pocket:

Two Allen wrenches
small socket wrench
14mm socket
10mm open end wrench
flat fix kit including tire levers (3)
trail mix candybar
little multitool (knife, file, screwdrivers, pliers)
1 ft of duck tape folded flat into a square
two $1 bills

I have yet to get into enough trouble that this assortment can't get me
home. (sometimes squeeking or wobbling, but home.)

The duck tape has come in quite handy as numerous bandaids, small rip
fixer, and holder togetherer of helmet. I can't praise it enough as the
smallest yet most versitile tool in the pocket.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

harper
December 15th 03, 10:02 PM
Naugahyde Barcalounger
1/2" cordless drill
Honda 1300W generator
one inflatable doll
one pair of hipwaders
one lb of alligator steak
Bernz-O-Matic torch
100 psi shop compressor
tweezers
K-Y jelly
insect repellant
50 lbs Purina Camel Chow

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"... is it better to have the seat too high, or too low?" -supertones

Mikefule
December 15th 03, 10:03 PM
In my Camelbak Lobo I carry:

Water

Patches & glue
Tyre levers x 3
Short white crayon for marking tube
Crank tool & 16 mm spanner for same
15 mm Spanner for pedals
10mm and 11 mm spanners (these sizes are for seat bolts and bearing
clamps)
Hex (Allen) key for seat clamp (on Pashley)
Small pump (fits both valve types).
Small cross point screw driver useful for Viscount seat bumpers.
Small flat blade screw driver for removing axle dust caps

Mobile, keys, money, head torch

Sometimes a spare top, sometimes a waterproof.
Occasionally a newspaper.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

A young girl was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth then
rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coastguard spokesman
commented, "This sort of thing is all too common". (The Times)

chirokid
December 15th 03, 10:52 PM
Water
Toilet Paper
Lighter
3 petrolem jelly cotton balls
Protein Bar
Sometimes a small allen wrench or adjustable tool
Very rarely, a light weight jacket. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

UniBrier
December 15th 03, 11:18 PM
Water
Hex Wrenches
Small Crescent Wrench
Crank tool
Compass
Whistle
Food
Mini Pump
Patch Kit
Wallet
Cell Phone
MultiTool
Harper

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

joona
December 15th 03, 11:26 PM
I'm still on the stage of getting a Camelback. It will probably hold
following things:

Water or juice
Allen keys, 10mm, 15mm
spare tube
additional pads, if I'm not wearing everything
maybe some kind of mini-first aid -kit
an extra pedal (a cheap, light plastic one)
something to eat
edit. and of course a pump

--
joona - )-O <--Neat

I'm controlling the computer with a pen now. :p
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

billham
December 15th 03, 11:35 PM
Camelbak is on my Christmas wish list. If I don't get one for
Christmas, I'll buy one myself!

Bare minimum items I will put into it:
Flat repair kit
Tire levers
Pump
Allen wrench
Wrench for seat and handle nuts
Energy Bar
Cell phone

Hey Chirokid, toilet paper? No way, real men use leaves. Why do you
think God put leaves on trees! Watch out for poison ivy if you go this
route? :D

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Memphis Mud
December 16th 03, 12:28 PM
Well, yes. Water.

Whilst thinking of the stuff inside the pocket, I forgot about the
bungie cords that crisscross the back.

There I ALWAYS carry a small air pump. And SOMETIMES I strap on a
folded-in-the-pocket Anorak windbreaker.

For cool weather rides of less than 4 miles or so, I go humpless. (no
camelback at all). a.k.a. going "naked".;)

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

unicycleboy
December 16th 03, 09:17 PM
Lol i can remember at Buc 9 when jeff had a camal back, im sure that
wasnt water in there lol! :P

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

johnfoss
December 17th 03, 12:25 AM
A CAMERA!

But my camera rides in my butt-bag/fanny pack/waist pack.

My Camelbak contains pump, spare tube (wrong size for my Gazz), patch
kit, and food.

Butt-bag contains tools:
- 14" cotterless crank wrench (for whoever I'm with)
- Park multi-tool with screwdrivers and allen keys
- Swiss Army knife
- Multi-tool for chains (again not for me)
- 5mm and 6mm loose allen wrenches

I also carry:
- Spare camera batteries (important!)
- Cotterless crank nuts (cost $5 each on the trail!)
- Some wet naps
- Tiny tripod
- Toy compass (probably useless)
- Tiny flashlight

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"I ain't goin' to no mall." — my nephew Austin Miller, on being invited
to join his sister and mom at the mall on Saturday Dec. 13

chirokid
December 17th 03, 05:59 AM
billham wrote:
> *Camelbak is on my Christmas wish list.
> Hey Chirokid, toilet paper? No way, real men use leaves. Why do you
> think God put leaves on trees! Watch out for poison ivy if you go
> this route? :D
>
> Bill *

Greeting Bill, hope you get your Camelbak for Christmas.

Secondly, my name says KID. Also, God made Men's brains with
intelligence, therefore we learned how to make toilet paper from trees.
Furthermore, it makes Mr. Whipple happy! Last, I sure feel sorry for
the fellow that uses Poison Ivy as toilet paper. I bet he'd have to
stay off his unicycle for a few days!
I'll keep the toilet paper in my Camelbak :D--chiro"KID"--:D

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

chirokid
December 17th 03, 06:02 AM
chirokid wrote:
> *
>
> Greetings Bill, hope you get your Camelbak for Christmas.
>
> Secondly, my name says KID. God made Men's brains with intelligence,
> therefore we learned how to make toilet paper from trees.
> Furthermore, I make Mr. Whipple happy! Last, I do feel sorry for the
> fellow that uses Poison Ivy as toilet paper. I bet he'd have to stay
> off his unicycle for a few days! Being an Eagle Scout, I would never
> make that mistake, plus, I alway practice the moto, "Be Prepared."
> I'll keep the toilet paper in my Camelbak :D--chiro"KID"--:D *

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Rowan
December 17th 03, 10:28 AM
I don't use a camelpack. Mostly I ride bareback, except for when I'm
carrying a bag, sometimes containing a waterbottle.chirokid wrote:
> * I still live by the moto: "Be Prepared."
> I'll keep the toilet paper in my Camelbak*
So do you carry a toilet with you too? What do you do with your waste?
Do you bring a shovel along to bury it? Or dump in a plastic bag in your
camelpack? I usually relieve myself before going riding, or there are
usually toilets within riding distance if I'm out for a long time.

--
Rowan - Another Unicyclist
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

one wheeled stallion
December 17th 03, 03:52 PM
I carry most of my tools in this little box that has a clip and velcro
strap around it and fits onto my seat post/stem. It contains punture
repair kit, allen keys, spanners etc. It's very useful! My Camelbak
hasn't got a large pocket, as I went for one of the small ones. It's got
the elastic net thing tho, and that usually has a rain jacket, or my
shin pads if I'm not wearing them and/or my pump.

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Mikefule
December 17th 03, 06:33 PM
chirokid wrote:
> *God made Men's brains with intelligence, *

Er... given, for the sake of argument, the existence of god(s), I'd
still need more evidence to support your allegation of mankind being
intelligent. One bog roll doth not a brainbox make.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

A young girl was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth then
rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coastguard spokesman
commented, "This sort of thing is all too common". (The Times)

billham
December 18th 03, 03:36 AM
Mikefule wrote:
> *
>
> Er... given, for the sake of argument, the existence of god(s), I'd
> still need more evidence to support your allegation of mankind being
> intelligent. One bog roll doth not a brainbox make. *

Well at least we know some people have enough brain power to realize
that two wheels are NOT needed. Unfortunately, not enough have figured
out that less in more when it comes to fun factor for pedal powered
vehicles.

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home