PDA

View Full Version : Worst. Unicycle. Ever.

TheObieOne3226
December 16th 03, 08:22 AM
check out this link. i do believe it is riddled with typos. either that
or its a 20" with 350mm cranks. also, it either has 5 pedals or the
pedal thread size is 59/16" pedals. what is 60 TPI? tons per inch? torrs
per inch? someone help me figure out the typos!

'Most screwed up uni ever' (http://tinyurl.com/zfkk)

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

I'm posting for you, James_Potter!

shadowuni
December 16th 03, 08:33 AM
this link, to the 24" schwinn is just as bad.
http://tinyurl.com/zfld

apparently the cranks are 220 mm wide x 350 mm long. for some reason
there is a "Shromed steel" , square type, cotterless, 5.5" long
something attacthed somewhere. same deal with the 59/16" pedals. oh,
and the tire is 24" x1.75 steel. i thought you were supposed to use
rubber to make tires? beats me.

--
shadowuni - Level 4.5 Unicyclist

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

jagur
December 16th 03, 08:33 AM
ha!

thats funny,i can help with the 60 TPI though.it means Threads Per
Inch.the more threads your tyre has,the more durable it is.you also get
less flats.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

TheObieOne3226
December 16th 03, 08:36 AM
thats great. it shows how little schwinn cares about unicycles. they
love making bikes...grrrrr.... theyve had the same model for what, 30
years. and they obviously hired a drunk monkey prostitute to do their
ads for unis...

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

I'm posting for you, James_Potter!

daino149
December 16th 03, 09:38 AM
TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *thats great. it shows how little schwinn cares about unicycles. they
> love making bikes...grrrrr.... theyve had the same model for what, 30
> years. and they obviously hired a drunk monkey prostitute to do their
> ads for unis... *

Don't you think that's a bit insulting to drunks... come to think of it,
it insulting to monkeys and prostitutes also.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

XWonka: Stick that in your Sig and smoke it.

johnfoss
December 16th 03, 09:45 PM
TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *thats great. it shows how little schwinn cares about unicycles. they
> love making bikes...grrrrr.... theyve had the same model for what, 30
> years. *
Actually, this is not the case. Schwinn started with a good, solid
design for the money, made improvements slowly over the years, made some
massive improvements in 1986, then went "retro" around 1995 and undid
all their improvements from the mid-80s.

The 1986 Schwinn 24" had an alloy rim (blue), non-marking tire (blue &
white), pedals with plastic ends (white), and a relatively comfortable
Viscount seat (blue with white bumpers; the black ones on the 20" were
hard as rocks).

I think Schwinn's web site is made in a country where English is not the
primary language, and the quality control isn't being controlled.

5 9/16” pedals probably means the cranks are 5".

Tire: 20” x 1.75 white wall, 60 TPI I have to disagree with Jagur on the
thread count, only because 60 happens to be the recommended tire
pressure on the older Schwinn Unicycle tires. I have a feeling this has
something to do with "tire pressure." I don't know much about thread
count on tires, but maybe the 60 could be that as well though.

If you want to learn about the Schwinns, I'd believe what I read at
Unicycle.com. It looks like they're paying more attention to their
Schwinns:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=60

The Schwinn is a classic, but they haven't kept up with the technology
changes since they undid their 1986 improvements.

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home