PDA

View Full Version : UNiVERsE 2 Trailer!!!

uniryder
December 16th 03, 08:43 AM
Hey Everybody,

There is a trailer for UNiVERsE 2 up now. Full info on UNiVERsE 2 and
ordering coming in a day or so.

Check it out here:
http://www.sykoproductions.com/U2trailer.mov

I've only had a chance to put up 1 format so far. It's Quicktime and in
mpeg4, so you might need some updates. It's 6.4 megs.

-Dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

daino149
December 16th 03, 08:46 AM
It looks absolutely great! I can't wait for the feature to come out.
Thanks for all the hard work.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

XWonka: Stick that in your Sig and smoke it.

TheObieOne3226
December 16th 03, 08:51 AM
that was quite a vid!!!

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Muah!

I'm posting for you, James_Potter!

foxx
December 16th 03, 10:24 AM
Can't wait for the complete version of Universe II! Very impressive and
impossible moves in this trailer! It would be interesting to see so many
different riders in one video...

_Felix

--
foxx - www.unitrials.de

GOD BLESS
-
http://www.unitrials.de
'unicycling extreme!' (http://tinyurl.com/dx9q) -
http://www.doc-team.de
bike&unicycle - trial - shows
foxx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/572

ur
December 16th 03, 10:30 AM
WOW!

--
ur - Unicycling Revolution
ur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4199

beelzebub of balance
December 16th 03, 03:09 PM
It's getting awfully close to Christmas. I hope it can be Fedexed!!

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD

--
beelzebub of balance - Junior Member of the Universe

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD
beelzebub of balance's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1631

thinuniking
December 16th 03, 04:40 PM
i am not sure if i can watch it but can you please put it on divx format

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

one wheeled stallion
December 16th 03, 06:11 PM
HOLY £%&@!!!! That is amazing! Who are the riders in it??

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

XWonka
December 16th 03, 06:47 PM
Bloody Brilliant!

--
XWonka - I'm divorced

"It is your feeble minded government, not mine, who participated in the
war which has not yet been justified." -Rowan

"Ya, freestyle is better for turing and mainly freestyle stuff. Trials
is way better for hopping..." Super_Evill

"Actually, the Hell on Wheel Gang does not -own- me. Come to think of
it, that's a pretty opressive statement and somewhat outdated in it's
nature."
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

Eublapharis13
December 16th 03, 07:33 PM
WIcked sweet! only 2 more pallets till i can land that jump you did
though!

--
Eublapharis13 - Unicycle destroyer

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes.
Eublapharis13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4065

uniryder
December 16th 03, 08:34 PM
Theres no hope for Chirstmas. The DVD will take 2 weeks more to get
duplicated.

I'll try and put up a DivX version, but i'm not too familiar with
that.

-Dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

johnfoss
December 16th 03, 08:43 PM
For all you Christmas shoppers, give your recipient a card or other note
to indicate that this year's coolest non-unicycle gift is on its way to
them!

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

unicycleboy
December 16th 03, 09:16 PM
I cant watch it on anything. cant even watch it in adobe premier :S what
can i view it on? its just a white screen

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

uniryder
December 16th 03, 09:50 PM
If only a white screen shows you need to go to
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

and download quicktime version 6

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

unibrow
December 16th 03, 10:59 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN that was intense!! the helmet cam was
awsome and the 540 was frickin sick. Can't wait to get my copy!:D

later,

justin.

p.s. i was with these guys for a couple clips :D test of metal,
squamish:) im a so proud:D

--
unibrow - ROYAL RIDERS RULE )--(x)

phfff who unicycles...
unibrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2496

JessJess
December 16th 03, 11:46 PM
thats awsome!!! he didnt do a 540 uni spin did he? that guy? the one on
the unicycle?

-Jess

--
JessJess - ROYALRIDER

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albus70/header.sized.gif]
JessJess's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4535

johnfoss
December 17th 03, 12:07 AM
720s have been done from a standstill, but yes, that was a 540 *while
riding!*

My only gripe about the preview -- too short. I showed it to some
friends at work. They have no sense of reality. They said "Why aren't
you in it?" Mostly because I'm chicken. Other than that, probably
because I didn't hang around with Dan and his camera enough. :)

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"My sister wanted to buy the new Eminem CD. I had to say to her, 'Like,
you can't hear it.'" — my nephew Austin Miller, whose sister Alexa is
100% deaf... But she can ride a unicycle!

uniryder
December 17th 03, 03:34 AM
xtremeskier_

That last shot was filmed at Issaquah High School. The rider was Mike
Clark, who does not or did not attend that school.

-Dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

xtremeskier_
December 17th 03, 06:15 AM
YES!!!!! THAT IS MY SCHOOL!!!! OMFG.

when did u guys film that, and what made you come to the school if he
didnt go there? I swear to god, im gonna like go to school tomorrow and
like kiss that rail. this is so unbelievable. Greatest moment in my
life.

--
xtremeskier_
xtremeskier_'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4291

t0rk3rb0i27
December 17th 03, 06:24 AM
one word.... INSANE~~~ DUDE THAT WAS SICKNESS!! so then i can order a
copy?!?!.. hahaha... KRAZY!! or as the azns would say.. kRaGeEe~

--
t0rk3rb0i27 - Worlds Best Unicylcer HA YEAH RIGHT
t0rk3rb0i27's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5057

john_childs
December 17th 03, 06:42 AM
xtremeskier_ wrote:
> *YES!!!!! THAT IS MY SCHOOL!!!! OMFG.
>
> when did u guys film that, and what made you come to the school if he
> didnt go there? I swear to god, im gonna like go to school tomorrow
> and like kiss that rail. this is so unbelievable. Greatest moment in
> my life. *

That was during UNICON II at the end of July, beginning of August 2002.
The track events were at the Issaquah High School.

Dan was looking for people to film for Universe 2 during UNICON. That
spot happened to be right by the track and convenient. I don't know how
much of Universe 2 was filmed during NAUCC/UNICON. I suspect it was a
good portion of the film. You might just find some more shots of
Issaquah High School and other local attractions in the film.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

john_childs
December 17th 03, 08:08 AM
john_childs wrote:
> *That was during UNICON II at the end of July, beginning of August
> 2002. *

Uh... That would be UNICON 11 -- as in one one. UNICON eye eye would be
Roman numerals for UNICON 2 and that was a long time ago.

Sometimes the fingers and the brain loose communication with each other
when I type. :(

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

SimonWells
December 17th 03, 08:25 AM
I'm all about that 360 seat around pedal grab thingy

--
SimonWells - the goods at unicycling
SimonWells's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/772

SEMPER_UNI
December 17th 03, 01:34 PM
Ok i'm freaking out. I'm on a brand new dell laptop with about every
imaginable media player installed on it and this is the only video clip
on the internet that i cannot run.... It seems as though no one else is
having problems with it.... so what's up?

Don't mean to jack this thread, but i'm really excited to see this and
can't figure out why i can't.

thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have.

--
SEMPER_UNI - trialsin

Michael S. Pritchett, Esq.
Alpha Cycling Innovations, Inc.
SEMPER_UNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2354

joemarshall
December 17th 03, 03:23 PM
SEMPER_UNI wrote:
> *Ok i'm freaking out. I'm on a brand new dell laptop with about every
> imaginable media player installed on it and this is the only video
> clip on the internet that i cannot run.... It seems as though no one
> else is having problems with it.... so what's up?
>
> Don't mean to jack this thread, but i'm really excited to see this and
> can't figure out why i can't.
>
> thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have. *

it needs the latest quicktime player (6.4) from
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

SEMPER_UNI
December 17th 03, 04:38 PM
Aright got it to work, thanks...

one word. neat.

why is it that whenever i show videos like that to people i work with
they always ask about the "balls"? Is that all these people think about?

--
SEMPER_UNI - trialsin

Michael S. Pritchett, Esq.
Alpha Cycling Innovations, Inc.
SEMPER_UNI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2354

johnfoss
December 17th 03, 06:13 PM
SEMPER_UNI wrote:
> *why is it that whenever i show videos like that to people i work with
> they always ask about the "balls"? Is that all these people think
> about? *
I think so. I remember riding my big wheel along the Hines Park bike
path (MI), many years ago. A comment that stood out for me was "That
takes balls!" It was toward the end of a 15+ mile ride, this being long
before the emergence of air seats, so I was thinking about balls as
well. But not in the same way.

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"I ain't goin' to no mall." — my nephew Austin Miller, on being invited
to join his sister and mom at the mall on Saturday Dec. 13

johnfoss
December 17th 03, 06:18 PM
xtremeskier_ wrote:
> *when did u guys film that, and what made you come to the school if he
> didnt go there?*
Interesting. You had the World Unicycling Championships (racing events)
held at your school less than two years ago, and you didn't even know
about it?

I think UNICON 11 was also the only UNICON to be held at high schools.
All the others have been at colleges or larger institutions (excepting
the elementary school that was dorms and small gym for UNICON VIII).

Spread the word at Issaquah! The world chamipionships were held there!
Marc Haefliger broke my 20 year reign on the Obstacle Course (broke my
record)! Many other amazing feats were performed!

--
johnfoss - IUF Director

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"I ain't goin' to no mall." — my nephew Austin Miller, on being invited
to join his sister and mom at the mall on Saturday Dec. 13

Checkernuts
December 18th 03, 04:19 AM
Dan,

Great Job on the trailer, its a great teaser for the video. I liked how
you didnt give away most of the biggest moves in the video and still
showed how insane this dvd acutally is.

For thoes of you who are wondering about this dvd, its in my opinion the
best unicycling dvd out there by far. The level of riding to my knoledge
is by far the best flatland (freestyle), Trials, Street, and Muni caught
on film. The camera work is right up there with any other movie in its
class like the new world disorder series or Cranked. And the songs go
great with the action changing up the pace for different styles of
riding and giving the video a good flow from section to section. Even
if your not interested in muni or trials I would still recomend this dvd
I've shown it to a few people who dont even ride and they want to watch
it over and over because they dont believe what they've just sceen.

Dan the community owes you big for this dvd its a work of art and the
bonus stuff is simply rad. I cant wait to see whats going to happen to
the sport in the next few years just to see what kind of crazy video
SYKOproductions puts out next.

Mike

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

karl
December 18th 03, 08:58 PM
Wow, that video looks great...does anyone know the name of that song Dan
used for the trailer???

--
karl
karl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5058

Bounce Boy
December 18th 03, 11:53 PM
The trailer ROCKS! Anxiously awaiting the DVD...

Bounce Boy
http://www.bouncepage.com/videos.html

"Checkernuts" om> wrote
in message
nicyclist.com...

> Dan,
>
> Great Job on the trailer, its a great teaser for the video. I liked how
> you didnt give away most of the biggest moves in the video and still
> showed how insane this dvd acutally is.
>
> For thoes of you who are wondering about this dvd, its in my opinion the
> best unicycling dvd out there by far. The level of riding to my knoledge
> is by far the best flatland (freestyle), Trials, Street, and Muni caught
> on film. The camera work is right up there with any other movie in its
> class like the new world disorder series or Cranked. And the songs go
> great with the action changing up the pace for different styles of
> riding and giving the video a good flow from section to section. Even
> if your not interested in muni or trials I would still recomend this dvd
> I've shown it to a few people who dont even ride and they want to watch
> it over and over because they dont believe what they've just sceen.
>
> Dan the community owes you big for this dvd its a work of art and the
> bonus stuff is simply rad. I cant wait to see whats going to happen to
> the sport in the next few years just to see what kind of crazy video
> SYKOproductions puts out next.
>
> Mike
>

> --
> Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible
>
> No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
> odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
> to do it right. H20
> Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/29416

paco
December 19th 03, 01:34 AM
It looks like the video will be okay. Nothing outstanding, mind you. I
mean, it can't hold a candle to One Wheel No Limit, but I'll probably
watch it when it comes out. I think I'll probably wait until it comes
to the local video store. It'll be easier than finding a pirated copy
on the web, and it might be worth a couple bucks to rent it. Maybe get
someone to rent it for me, so I'm not wasting my money if it isn't any
good.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

"The guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face!"
-Strongbad
"That happened once!"
-Coach Z
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

paco
December 19th 03, 01:41 AM
Did you guys see, the bonus feature is "Rough-Terrain Unicycling," by
George Peck! The very first MUni film!

'Here's the link to the U2 info page:'
(http://www.sykoproductions.com/universe2.htm)

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

"The guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face!"
-Strongbad
"That happened once!"
-Coach Z
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Dylan Wallinger
December 19th 03, 03:09 AM
Hey Dan,

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but thanks again for letting me be a part of
the video. It was tons of fun, and I can't wait to do it again. Awesome
editing, riding and cinematography.

-Dylan

uniryder
December 19th 03, 10:04 AM
the name of the song is "Implode 2004". it was created by Brandon
Slagle of ZeroPointZero specifically for the purpose of UNiVERsE 2. a
slightly modified and full length version created by Die Section (former
version of ZPZ) is used for the intro of the video.

-dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

ur
December 19th 03, 10:17 AM
> It looks like the video will be okay. Nothing outstanding, mind you. I
> mean, it can't hold a candle to One Wheel No Limit, but I'll probably
> watch it when it comes out. I think I'll probably wait until it comes
> to the local video store. It'll be easier than finding a pirated copy
> on the web, and it might be worth a couple bucks to rent it. Maybe get
> someone to rent it for me, so I'm not wasting my money if it isn't any
> good.

Hey paco, are you joking???

--
ur - Unicycling Revolution
ur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4199

thinuniking
December 19th 03, 11:17 AM
i tried to download quick time,i did kind of but in the copying of some
files it messed up and that was after an hour of downloading,now the
video just don't work arrggg.I hope Dan or someone can put it on divx so
i can watch it.

--
thinuniking - mad as a clown

Clown is such a dirty word.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

samuel
December 19th 03, 12:00 PM
I'd really like to see it...

but.

Since moving into a new share house (without a connection) I am limited
to using the computers in the universities labs, which we dont get admin
(read:installation) rights on...so no quicktime upgrade.

If the film was in asx, mpeg or something similar id be happy.

--
samuel - TROGDOR!! TROGDOR!!!

Gazzaloddi - Who says three inches can't be satisfying?
samuel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3535

samuel
December 20th 03, 07:03 AM
Sold.
Just saw the trailer at the mac labs at uni.
Thats some insane stuff...with some almost doable tricks to inspire us
(Iim spending the afternoon mucking around with the pedal grab on the
bench with the 360 swing of the frame under you)...
well done on the trailer - if the movie is half as good Ill be a happy
little consumer.

--
samuel - TROGDOR!! TROGDOR!!!

Gazzaloddi - Who says three inches can't be satisfying?
samuel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3535

paco
December 20th 03, 08:10 AM
ur wrote:
> *Hey paco, are you joking???*

;)

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

"The guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face!"
-Strongbad
"That happened once!"
-Coach Z
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

bugman
January 16th 04, 05:02 AM
It is now mid January. Is there any new news on expected delivery
dates?

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

uniryder
January 16th 04, 05:08 AM
Hi,

The DVD's are now fully produced and are being shipped out to various
companies and to those that pre-ordered through sykoproductions.com.

-Dan

--
uniryder - SYKOproductions
uniryder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/376

bugman
January 16th 04, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Dan. That has to be a relief.:)

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

daino149
January 16th 04, 11:58 PM
Hey,
A while ago I was chatting with Dan and he said that he was working on
some sort of online payment system. Any update on how that works?

Thanks,
Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

zod
January 17th 04, 12:24 AM
SWEET!!! unicycle.com hook me up!! :D