PDA

View Full Version : Re: MUC on the MTBR Forum

Mojoe
December 19th 03, 06:39 AM
Hey Tommy, you guys made the mountain bike forum today.

http://tinyurl.com/2ejq3

Mojoe

--
Mojoe - DILLIGAF

Nothing to see here... move along.
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

chirokid
December 19th 03, 06:57 AM
Thanks Mojoe! I wondered if those pic would ever get loaded. I'm the
Big Guy.
We sure had a good time that day!!! --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

daino149
December 19th 03, 07:02 AM
Ha! A MTBer just made my sig. Glad to see us one wheelers breaking
into the MTB forum.

just wondering if anyone else noticed the " it looks like MTB unicycling
must make for a real workout."

sounds a bit funny to me.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

Tmornstar
December 19th 03, 10:13 AM
Hey, thanks Mojoe! Man-O-Man, we had an awesome ride that day! There
was another rider with us, too, but he bolted just as the guy with the
camera appeared. It was a 85º day near the middle of November! (I love
living in the South!)

We are slowly building a Tennessee-wide community (which is hard because
the state is about 500 miles across). In the picture we represented all
three sections of the state. We are planning on calling a regional ride
for the late spring. It doesn't take much planning to make a bunch of
unicyclist happy. Stay tuned for coming details!

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

billham
December 20th 03, 03:06 AM
Tommy

Hope I can make it to your spring ride. I could use a shot of warm
weather right now. We have settled into winter big time in SW PA. I
haven't seen green grass in my back yard for toooooo long. My yard is
sloping and facing north and has pine trees all across the south end.
Snow is always on my property long after it's melted for everyone else
in the area. My trials course is patiently waiting a good thaw.

On the positive side, I tried my first suicide mount today in the gym
and hit the floor pretty hard.....shoulda had my wrist guards on! It
just dawned on me today that this mount would be perfect to work on
outside, in snow and with leg armor. Any falls would be softened by the
snow.

Great pics!

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

bugman
December 20th 03, 03:16 AM
Chirokid, I was sitting here in this 30 degree weather thinking how in
the H3LL did he get that sweaty! Fortunately Tommy cleared it up for me
saying it was 85. You must drink a lot of fluids on the trail! Looks
like you guys had a great time. I think you should make the next ride
in Chatanooga. :D That would be pretty dooable for those of us in
ATL.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Tmornstar
December 20th 03, 11:55 AM
With all this talk of the winter freeze I am reminded, again, how much
I'm looking to forward to our partly cloudy skies and 58º today. Sure,
we may have to sweat through 85º late fall days (and please don't even
mention July!) but we, too, get to sweat through January and February
days - sometimes.

Tommy:cool:

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

pete66
December 20th 03, 12:21 PM
damn none of the mtbreview pages seem to work properly on my laptop.
Somethin to do with javascript I think. It does work ok on my other
computer, does anyone know how I can get the javascript workin? I'm
usin IE6 with WinXP.

--
pete66 - Verging on Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

mango
December 20th 03, 04:58 PM
Pete-

winXp doesnt come with JAVA. You can go here:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

...to download the java runtime environment. You want to download the
first option (32-bit for Windows/Linux/Solaris... under JRE).

I dont know what Microsoft was thinking. :)

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

billham
December 20th 03, 06:57 PM
bugman wrote:

> Edit: I started suicide mounting yesterday. I don't think I missed
> on 3 out of about 30 mounts on both my 20" and the 24" . Not nearly
> as hard as I thought it would be. Of course to someone who can't do
> it, it looks insane! [/B]

Bugman

Congrats on your success with the suiccide mounts. I still need to get
over the mental factor. I don't know what happened when I went down,
but I slammed my left wrist hard enough that I have postponed further
attempts temporarily. At times I'm fairly aggressive with my riding,
but I try to balance it with some caution. I have found that 47 years
of living has resulted in a body that heals a little slower. I'm trying
to pace myself so I can still ride when I'm 80. ;)

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

chirokid
December 21st 03, 02:01 AM
Hey Guys! Yes, we had a great ride that day. Today, I got to sweat
some more. My daughters and I did another Christmas Parade. It started
at 1:30 PM, outside temp. of 37 degrees with wind. Only my face and
hands were cold, but I still sweated, even on this cold day.

Speaking of sweat, I have lost 53 pounds in the last 4 months. I
started at 276 lbs. When the above picture was taken, I was about 248
pounds. Now i top off the scales at a mean :) 223 lbs. I still sweat,
but it is amazing how much easier I ride with 50 less pounds on the
saddle.

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Grokthezeppelin
December 21st 03, 02:17 AM
Chiro, that weight loss is awesome man, congratulations!

--
Grokthezeppelin - Moved up to a coker
Grokthezeppelin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3316

bugman
December 21st 03, 02:44 AM
chirokid wrote:
> *Hey Guys! Yes, we had a great ride that day. Today, I got to sweat
> some more. My daughters and I did another Christmas Parade. It
> started at 1:30 PM, outside temp. of 37 degrees with wind. Only my
> face and hands were cold, but I still sweated, even on this cold day.
>

> Speaking of sweat, I have lost 53 pounds in the last 4 months. I
> started at 276 lbs. When the above picture was taken, I was about
> 248 pounds. Now i top off the scales at a mean :) 223 lbs. I still
> sweat, but it is amazing how much easier I ride with 50 less pounds on
> the saddle. *

Congratulations on the weight loss. I am sure Sid would be proud.:D

I was 205 back in February, on my short frame that is about 40+ more
than I should weigh. I now weigh about 162 pretty consistantly. I go
up or down a couple of pounds, but have held this weight for about 6
months. So I know how good you must be feeling. What do you think is
an optimal weight for you? Are you close?

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

chirokid
December 21st 03, 03:13 AM
Thanks for the Congrats guys.

Bugman, it sounds like you have done great with getting more fit too,
way to go! Everyone says I should stop where I am, at 223, but I really
feel like 190 to 200 would be optimal for my longevity and overall
health. But best of all, Tommy might have to look at my back on the
trials then :).

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

bugman
December 21st 03, 03:42 AM
It is funny, I look at pictures of myself 40 lbs ago and I can't believe
how heavy I was. Now I hear all the time I am too skinny. Funny thing
is those people are all and I mean all overweight. I don't know why
they can't just be happy for the healthful choice I have made. I am
pretty happy with the weight I am at. I could still loose 5 around the
middle, and if I do great, but I am solid. I weighed 150-165 all
through my military service, and never was told I looked to thin. Hell
at 165 I was a lean mean fighting machine. I am still fairly muscular.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

billham
December 21st 03, 03:50 AM
Great job on the weight loss guys. This country doesn't understand what
a proper weight is any more because we have so many people who are
overweight. Lean is good, plump is bad.

With so many good tasting, but often "bad for you" foods around, it's
hard to stay at an ideal weight. I have worked at keeping my weight at
a decent level, but still felt the need to drop 15 pounds this year. So
far I've only managed about 10 pounds. To drop the weight that you have
both done takes a lot of discipline. I have great respect for what you
have done.

Isn't it a great help to have a sport like uni to help keep the exercise
fun? Running and working out at the gym is just soooooo boring!

Bill

--
billham

Direction is everything, distance is secondary.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

chirokid
December 21st 03, 04:06 AM
billham wrote:
> * Lean is good, plump is bad.
>
> To drop the weight that you have both done takes a lot of
> discipline.
>
> Isn't it a great help to have a sport like uni to help keep the
> exercise fun? Running and working out at the gym is just soooooo
> boring!
>
> Bill *

Well said Bill.

Living a disciplined life is hard, in all areas, not just with the
temptations of food. But, in the end, it is worth it. I read a quote
several months ago that has really inspired me, it says, "What weighs
more: The weight of discipline or the weight of regret?"

The gym has been my friend. It allows me to workout on my mid-day break
if the weather is too hot, wet or cold. But, like most, I would much
rather be outside, on the uni or muni. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"my gyroscope is in my head......." Zod
chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

duaner
December 21st 03, 07:06 AM
Good work bugman!

And just think, at 162lbs your should be able to jump 25% higher and
drop 25% further than before with no additional stress to you uni(s) :)

--
duaner - -

duaner.
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297

Tmornstar
December 21st 03, 11:02 AM
Hey duaner,

E-mail me at:

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

bugman
December 21st 03, 09:00 PM
Dauner,
Thanks, I haven't measured yet, but I think your right. I can jump
about an inch higher!

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home