PDA

View Full Version : s cal muni

unidude9
December 20th 03, 05:07 PM
Is there ever a giant muni trip in scal? It's really hard for me to get
all the way up there. I'm sure theres enough of us down here to do
something.

--
unidude9
unidude9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5045

James_Potter
December 20th 03, 05:12 PM
I don't know, what exactly is Scal?

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-DISCLAIMER: The above is my humble opinion. So just because I disagree
strongly with you, and you're completely wrong, don't hate me. Thank
you.-

aust
December 20th 03, 05:45 PM
south california, i dunno maybe.

--
aust - Austin

Uber Unicycler
Pro Paintballer
Supreme Snowboarder
Coooool Canadian

aust's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4767

velarpinch
December 20th 03, 05:50 PM
Or South Calorina. Unidude9: I'm in Hollywood w/a Coker. Do you ride
anywhere around here?

Joel

--
velarpinch - no less than one scab per ride
velarpinch's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1634

mango
December 20th 03, 06:18 PM
theres a group of us down here in San Diego. Im sure we'd all be up for
something.

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

scot
December 20th 03, 07:00 PM
You guys may want to contact Dave Winston. He is quite a unicyclist and
a nice guy too. Dave lives in the Laguna Bch area and has spoken of
hosting a So. Calif. MUni Weekend.

Also, there are some good riders(Hans,Eyal & Matt) in the Santa Barbara
area and the San Fernando Valley(Rod Wylie).

Hope y'all can hook up and ride.

--
scot - unitourist

One must persist in order to evolve.
scot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/992

James_Potter
December 21st 03, 02:56 AM
If there isn't any MUni convention down where you live, why not start
one yourself?

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-DISCLAIMER: The above is my humble opinion. So just because I disagree
strongly with you, and you're completely wrong, don't hate me. Thank
you.-

unidude9
December 21st 03, 09:18 AM
I think big bear might be a good place to have one during the summer. I
have gone down the backside on my bike a few times but am not crazy
enough/don't have the stuff to bike down the front on the steep runs. I
think I would unicycle down it though, but some of those bikers go
pretty fast and I'm not sure if that would be a problem.

--
unidude9
unidude9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5045

myocardial
December 22nd 03, 03:38 AM
Howdy unidude9,

Good to meet another muni rider below SLO. Is Big Bear where you're at?
Eyal and I have been talking about trying one of the ski lift up/down
hill rides this spring once the snow melts. I wouldn't worry about the
downhill mtb guys who bomb down the trail, they all stop and want to
talk when they see a unicycle going down.

If you're going to be up in Santa Barbara feel free to drop me a line or
you can subscribe and post to our 'mailing list.'
(http://www.sbuni.org/mailing_list/) We have lots of great trails here
in SB. We're also planning on having a few small gatherings here in the
near future to help us get an idea for putting together a full fledge
(new term coming up here) Foss endorsed CA Muni Weekend. We'll post
annoucements to our list and to the forums.

You can also find our 'gallery here.' (http://www.sbuni.org/gallery/)

Hope to ride with you someday!

matt

--