PDA

View Full Version : marzocchi crown again

Jerry Everetts
November 6th 03, 12:25 PM
OK, so as it turns out, I don't have one lined up after all. I realize I
can get them from marzocchi, but the $160.00 price tag is a big hard to
swallow right now. Somebody is selling new old stock crowns from Rock
Shox Mag 20/30 on ebay, and they look about the same, two pinch bolt on
either side. I know I am streching, becuast the distance between the
forks is probably not the same, and the same is probably true of the
diamater. Does anybody know if this will work? or do I gotta just bite
the bullet?

Jerry

Dave W
November 6th 03, 12:41 PM
> OK, so as it turns out, I don't have one lined up after all. I realize I
> can get them from marzocchi, but the $160.00 price tag is a big hard to
> swallow right now. Somebody is selling new old stock crowns from Rock
> Shox Mag 20/30 on ebay, and they look about the same, two pinch bolt on
> either side. I know I am streching, becuast the distance between the
> forks is probably not the same, and the same is probably true of the
> diamater. Does anybody know if this will work? or do I gotta just bite
> the bullet?
>
> Jerry

If you want ANY future warranty consideration from Marzocchi DO NOT DO THE
ABOVE ROCKSUX IDEA. Bite the bullet.

Dave (be for real!)

Michael Dart
November 6th 03, 12:59 PM
"Jerry Everetts" > wrote in message
. com...
> OK, so as it turns out, I don't have one lined up after all. I realize I
> can get them from marzocchi, but the $160.00 price tag is a big hard to
> swallow right now. Somebody is selling new old stock crowns from Rock
> Shox Mag 20/30 on ebay, and they look about the same, two pinch bolt on
> either side. I know I am streching, becuast the distance between the
> forks is probably not the same, and the same is probably true of the
> diamater. Does anybody know if this will work? or do I gotta just bite
> the bullet?
>
> Jerry

I would think you'd run into severe organ rejection issues with this
transplant combo. I'd go with the Marz crown.

Mike

Jerry Everetts
November 6th 03, 03:19 PM
Michael Dart wrote:
> "Jerry Everetts" > wrote in message
> . com...
>
>>OK, so as it turns out, I don't have one lined up after all. I realize I
>>can get them from marzocchi, but the $160.00 price tag is a big hard to
>>swallow right now. Somebody is selling new old stock crowns from Rock
>>Shox Mag 20/30 on ebay, and they look about the same, two pinch bolt on
>>either side. I know I am streching, becuast the distance between the
>>forks is probably not the same, and the same is probably true of the
>>diamater. Does anybody know if this will work? or do I gotta just bite
>>the bullet?
>>
>>Jerry
>>

> I would think you'd run into severe organ rejection issues with this
> transplant combo. I'd go with the Marz crown.
>
> Mike

I just had my LBS order the Marz crown, $160.00 WHEW! Sure hope it
doesn't break again for a while.
Thanks for the input.

Benjamin Weiner
November 7th 03, 05:32 AM
Jerry Everetts > wrote:
> Michael Dart wrote:
> > "Jerry Everetts" > wrote in message

> >>OK, so as it turns out, I don't have one lined up after all. I realize I
> >>can get them from marzocchi, but the $160.00 price tag is a big hard to
> >>swallow right now. Somebody is selling new old stock crowns from Rock
> >>Shox Mag 20/30 on ebay, and they look about the same, two pinch bolt on

> > I would think you'd run into severe organ rejection issues with this
> > transplant combo. I'd go with the Marz crown.

> I just had my LBS order the Marz crown, $160.00 WHEW! Sure hope it
> doesn't break again for a while.
> Thanks for the input.

Pretty sure a Mag 20 had 25.4mm stanchions so no chance it would fit
anyway.

Early Judys and some Manitous both had roughly 28.6mm stanchions
and the same leg spacing so people used to dork around with the crowns,
but in this modern press-fit age hardly anyone does this anymore.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home