PDA

View Full Version : mavic rims

panda
November 6th 03, 02:12 PM
im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the different
mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help

panda

Carla A-G
November 6th 03, 03:15 PM
"panda" > wrote in message
. ..
> im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the different
> mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help

http://www.mavic.com

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

SDC
November 6th 03, 03:20 PM
"panda" > wrote in message
. ..
> im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the different
> mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help
>
> panda

You mean you went to www.google.com

typed in mavic rims,

got this http://tinyurl.com/twli

and could not find a website to answer your questions?

SDC

Gwood
November 6th 03, 09:31 PM
As crazy as it sounds, I have been looking for Mavic info as well. I have
done the google search, and even looked at the results of this one. The
Mavic site seems to have current year model info only (Cross max wheels and
717 rims for XC uses) ?

What I was hoping to find was a comparative table, not with subjective
reviews, of the models and their characteristics and weight. I have been
looking for a set of reasonably light XC disc wheels, probably XT hubs with
mavic rims. I have seen ads with X317s, X517s and various others. Not
knowing the diffs, I don't know what makes best bang for the buck.

"SDC" > wrote in message
. ..

> "panda" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the different
> > mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help
> >
> > panda
> >

> You mean you went to www.google.com
>
> typed in mavic rims,
>
> got this http://tinyurl.com/twli
>
> and could not find a website to answer your questions?
>
> SDC

Westie
November 7th 03, 12:47 AM
"Gwood" > wrote in message
> As crazy as it sounds, I have been looking for Mavic info as well. I have
> done the google search, and even looked at the results of this one. The
> Mavic site seems to have current year model info only (Cross max wheels
and
> 717 rims for XC uses) ?
>
> What I was hoping to find was a comparative table, not with subjective
> reviews, of the models and their characteristics and weight. I have been
> looking for a set of reasonably light XC disc wheels, probably XT hubs
with
> mavic rims. I have seen ads with X317s, X517s and various others. Not
> knowing the diffs, I don't know what makes best bang for the buck.

I have to admit that I haven't been able to find anything like this either.
Info about Mavic rims and rim numbering isn't obviously out there on the
internet. The Mavic site is surprisingly useless. Even newsgroup searches
aren't very helpful. If you want to know the difference between a X317 and
a X517 and the pros and cons of each, then Good Luck finding it. Even worse
is something like the questions above, ie. what midprice mavic disc rim
would suit a XC style rider of 180 pounds?
Where do people get this info?
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

panda
November 7th 03, 01:15 PM
SDC wrote:
> "panda" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the
>> different mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help
>>
>> panda
>>

> You mean you went to www.google.com
>
> typed in mavic rims,
>
> got this http://tinyurl.com/twli
>
> and could not find a website to answer your questions?
>
> SDC

unfortunately the mavic site doesnt help for what i want.

i had already tried , as well as a general google search.

so anyone else know?

thanks

panda

SDC
November 7th 03, 02:36 PM
"panda" > wrote in message
. ..
> SDC wrote:
>> unfortunately the mavic site doesnt help for what i want.
>
> i had already tried , as well as a general google search.
>
> so anyone else know?
>
> thanks
>
> panda

http://www.recreationalgear.com/bike_rims.htm click comparison chart. Its
not the best though

SDC

D T W .../\\...
November 8th 03, 04:40 PM
. ..

http://www.tech-mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/j_xcountry.htm

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Vick
November 9th 03, 01:54 AM
I've been riding a set of X317's on XT disc hubs for about 8mos. and
have been very happy. If I had it to do over again though, I would buy
X3.1 rims. the UST rim has a deeper section width, for greater hoop
strength, with only a few more grams of weight. although these are UST
rims, I would run a standard tire with Stan's No Tubes, for weight
savings.

"Gwood" > wrote in message >...
> As crazy as it sounds, I have been looking for Mavic info as well. I have
> done the google search, and even looked at the results of this one. The
> Mavic site seems to have current year model info only (Cross max wheels and
> 717 rims for XC uses) ?
>
> What I was hoping to find was a comparative table, not with subjective
> reviews, of the models and their characteristics and weight. I have been
> looking for a set of reasonably light XC disc wheels, probably XT hubs with
> mavic rims. I have seen ads with X317s, X517s and various others. Not
> knowing the diffs, I don't know what makes best bang for the buck.
>
> "SDC" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "panda" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the different
> > > mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help
> > >
> > > panda
> > >

> > You mean you went to www.google.com
> >
> > typed in mavic rims,
> >
> > got this http://tinyurl.com/twli
> >
> > and could not find a website to answer your questions?
> >
> > SDC

Westie
November 9th 03, 10:25 AM
"D T W .../\..." > wrote in message

> "panda" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > im sure that there must be a web-site that has a table of the different
> > mavic rims. but i cant find one. please help
> >
> > panda
> >

> http://www.tech-mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/j_xcountry.htm

Thxs. V. Helpful.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home