PDA

View Full Version : Question about Aluminum Frames..

Jen
November 7th 03, 07:36 AM
what is the differance between 7000 Aluminum & 7005 Aluminum mtb frames

Colin Swan
November 7th 03, 10:22 AM
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 01:36:08 -0600, "Jen" > wrote:

>what is the differance between 7000 Aluminum & 7005 Aluminum mtb frames

5

Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

--
Colin Swan

Stephen Baker
November 7th 03, 12:19 PM
Try looking here for info:

http://www.principalmetals.com/

Steve

Carla A-G
November 7th 03, 03:53 PM
"Jen" > wrote in message
> what is the differance between 7000 Aluminum & 7005 Aluminum mtb frames

http://www.solace.mh.se/~turbo/mek/metals/aluminum.htm

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

David
November 7th 03, 04:54 PM
"Jen" > wrote in message ...
> what is the differance between 7000 Aluminum

I'm not familiar with a 7000 aluminum, and don't think such an alloy is
used in making bicycle frames. 7xxx aluminum alloys like 7075 are
often referred to as "7000 series," which distinguishes them from
"6000 series" alloys like 6061, and "2000 series" aluminums like
2014.

If you want to know the specific material properties of a specific aluminum
alloy, you can look it up on the web pretty easily. It may not tell you much
about strength or durability of the actual bike frame though.

JD
November 7th 03, 07:10 PM
"Jen" > wrote in message >...
> what is the differance between 7000 Aluminum & 7005 Aluminum mtb frames

That's what I say, what's the difference?

JD steel is real

Andy Chequer
November 9th 03, 06:43 PM
> http://www.solace.mh.se/~turbo/mek/metals/aluminum.htm

Now that really is a sound discussion of the subject. Well done Mr Nicol.

Andy Chequer, face centred cubic.

Bill Wheeler
November 15th 03, 01:21 AM
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:53:00 -0500, "Carla A-G"
> wrote:

>"Jen" > wrote in message
>> what is the differance between 7000 Aluminum & 7005 Aluminum mtb frames
>
>http://www.solace.mh.se/~turbo/mek/metals/aluminum.htm
>
>- CA-G
>
>Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Thnx,
Bill

Reco Diver
November 15th 03, 09:36 PM
"Andy Chequer" > wrote in message >...
> > http://www.solace.mh.se/~turbo/mek/metals/aluminum.htm
>
> Now that really is a sound discussion of the subject. Well done Mr Nicol.

Mr. Nicol? I would have thought he would have published that under Chuck Ibis.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home