PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love...

Michael Dart
November 10th 03, 01:16 PM
....the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when you
catch a little air.

Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!

JD
November 10th 03, 06:06 PM
"Michael Dart" > wrote in message >...
> ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when you
> catch a little air.
>
> Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!

It's not as good as knobby buzz on desert hardpack.

JD

John Harlow
November 10th 03, 06:07 PM
> ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when you
> catch a little air.
>
> Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!

Yup - nuthin' but the whizzing of a freewheel is one of my favorite sounds!

Speaking of which, someone has built a daft drop in Powhite. Come in from
the main park entrance and it's on the left parallel to Chippenham. It's at
least a 9 footer to a smooth albeit short tranny.

And, we reopened more trails last weekend too - TR to follow.

Dave W
November 10th 03, 08:15 PM
"Michael Dart" > had this to say

> ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when you
> catch a little air.
>
> Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!

yes, it does make it a bit of a challenge eh?

Dave (but it "looks" like it flows this way!)

Michael Dart
November 10th 03, 09:32 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
om...
> "Michael Dart" > wrote in message
> > ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when
you
> > catch a little air.
> >
> > Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!
>
> It's not as good as knobby buzz on desert hardpack.
>
> JD

Snob! ;^)

Michael Dart
November 10th 03, 09:48 PM
"John Harlow" > wrote in message
> > ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when
you
> > catch a little air.
> >
> > Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!
>
> Yup - nuthin' but the whizzing of a freewheel is one of my favorite
sounds!

> Speaking of which, someone has built a daft drop in Powhite. Come in from
> the main park entrance and it's on the left parallel to Chippenham. It's
at
> least a 9 footer to a smooth albeit short tranny.
>
> And, we reopened more trails last weekend too - TR to follow.

Excellent! I'll have to go look for it. 8^)

Raptor
November 11th 03, 12:35 AM
John Harlow wrote:
>>...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when you
>>catch a little air.

I usually can't hear a thing over the wind.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Phil, Squid-in-Training
November 11th 03, 12:47 AM
> Yup - nuthin' but the whizzing of a freewheel is one of my favorite
sounds!

Nah... something about a baby seal's crying before you lop its head off
really does it for me though.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Destroy
November 11th 03, 01:00 AM
> Nah... something about a baby seal's crying before you lop its head off
> really does it for me though.

Yeah, sure are lots of them out on the trails this year.

Michael Dart
November 11th 03, 01:13 AM
"Phil, Squid-in-Training" > wrote in message
> > Yup - nuthin' but the whizzing of a freewheel is one of my favorite
> sounds!
>
> Nah... something about a baby seal's crying before you lop its head off
> really does it for me though.

Oh that's not right! ;^)

Michael Dart
November 11th 03, 01:14 AM
"Raptor" > wrote in message ...
> John Harlow wrote:
> >>...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when
you
> >>catch a little air.
>
> I usually can't hear a thing over the wind.

You ride in Nebraska? ;^)

Zilla
November 11th 03, 01:16 AM
"JD" > wrote in message
om...
> "Michael Dart" > wrote in message
> > ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when
you
> > catch a little air.
> >
> > Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!
>
> It's not as good as knobby buzz on desert hardpack.
>
> JD

I'll take either one of them...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Kathleen
November 11th 03, 04:41 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>Yup - nuthin' but the whizzing of a freewheel is one of my favorite
>
> sounds!
>
> Nah... something about a baby seal's crying before you lop its head off
> really does it for me though.

You use a scythe? We always bludgeoned them. Although my mother would
sometimes back them into a corner and nag them to death. We finally had
to make her stop. The hair standing on end like that spoiled the pelts
for commercial sale.

Kathleen

Stephen Baker
November 11th 03, 12:34 PM
Zilla says:

>I'll take either one of them...

I'll take anything, as long as the wheels go round and round.... ;-)

Steve "just wanna ride my bike"

Chris Glidden
November 11th 03, 04:29 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
om...
> "Michael Dart" > wrote in message
> > ...the little break of silence in the hiss and crackle of leaves when
you
> > catch a little air.
> >
> > Mike - mmmm... fall riding. now where'd that trail go?!!
>
> It's not as good as knobby buzz on desert hardpack.
>
> JD

It's all good. The slap of your chain, the crunch of your tires... as long
as your in the saddle all is right in the world.

cg

Chris Glidden
November 11th 03, 04:31 PM
"Kathleen" > wrote in message
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> >>Yup - nuthin' but the whizzing of a freewheel is one of my favorite
> >
> > sounds!
> >
> > Nah... something about a baby seal's crying before you lop its head off
> > really does it for me though.
>

> You use a scythe? We always bludgeoned them. Although my mother would
> sometimes back them into a corner and nag them to death. We finally had
> to make her stop. The hair standing on end like that spoiled the pelts
> for commercial sale.
>
> Kathleen

Oh brother... we can always count on you to say something totally
unexpected. Good one...

cg

Michael Dart
November 11th 03, 07:42 PM
"Chris Glidden" > wrote in message

> > > sounds!
> > >
> > > Nah... something about a baby seal's crying before you lop its head
off
> > > really does it for me though.
> >

> > You use a scythe? We always bludgeoned them. Although my mother would
> > sometimes back them into a corner and nag them to death. We finally had
> > to make her stop. The hair standing on end like that spoiled the pelts
> > for commercial sale.
> >
> > Kathleen
> >
> Oh brother... we can always count on you to say something totally
> unexpected. Good one...

It didn't totally surprise me. Being the carnivorous alpha female that she
is. ;^)

Mike - what did suprise me is how this thread went here.

MattB
November 11th 03, 10:17 PM
"Chris Glidden" > wrote in message

<snip>

> It's all good. The slap of your chain, the crunch of your tires... as
long
> as your in the saddle all is right in the world.
>
> cg

But on my SS I get neither the chain slap nor am I in the saddle (much).
Somehow it still seems right despite missing those things.

Matt

Gman
November 12th 03, 01:16 AM
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:17:25 -0700, MattB > wrote:
> "Chris Glidden" > wrote in message
>>
><snip>
>>
>> It's all good. The slap of your chain, the crunch of your tires... as
> long
>> as your in the saddle all is right in the world.
>>
>> cg
>>

> But on my SS I get neither the chain slap nor am I in the saddle (much).
> Somehow it still seems right despite missing those things.
>
> Matt

Here here!

Kathleen
November 12th 03, 02:48 PM
Michael Dart wrote:

> "Chris Glidden" > wrote in message

> off

>>> You use a scythe? We always bludgeoned them. Although my mother
>>> would sometimes back them into a corner and nag them to death.
>>> We finally had to make her stop. The hair standing on end like
>>> that spoiled the pelts for commercial sale.
>>>
>>> Kathleen
>>>

>> Oh brother... we can always count on you to say something totally
>> unexpected. Good one...
>>

> It didn't totally surprise me. Being the carnivorous alpha female
> that she is. ;^)

*Omnivorous* alpha female.

Kathleen
Eatin' strawberries for breakfast...

Chris Glidden
November 12th 03, 04:33 PM
"MattB" > said:

> But on my SS I get neither the chain slap nor am I in the saddle (much).
> Somehow it still seems right despite missing those things.
>
> Matt

Let me rephrase: As long as you have two wheels under you, all is right in
the world.

cg

JD
November 12th 03, 05:55 PM
Gman > wrote in message >...
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:17:25 -0700, MattB > wrote:
> > "Chris Glidden" > wrote in message
> >>
> <snip>
> >>
> >> It's all good. The slap of your chain, the crunch of your tires... as
> long
> >> as your in the saddle all is right in the world.
> >>
> >> cg
> >>

> > But on my SS I get neither the chain slap nor am I in the saddle (much).
> > Somehow it still seems right despite missing those things.
> >
> > Matt
> >

> Here here!

Harumph!

JD

John Harlow
November 12th 03, 06:28 PM
> *Omnivorous* alpha female.
>
> Kathleen
> Eatin' strawberries for breakfast...

Kathleen, although it's a bit early, here's a special Christmas song just
for you...

http://www.ancientsites.com/aw/Post/79447

Chris Glidden
November 12th 03, 06:40 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
> Gman > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:17:25 -0700, MattB > wrote:
> > > "Chris Glidden" > wrote in message
> > >>
> > <snip>

as
> > long

> > > But on my SS I get neither the chain slap nor am I in the saddle
(much).
> > > Somehow it still seems right despite missing those things.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >

> > Here here!
>
> Harumph!
>
> JD