PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Area

tcmedara
November 11th 03, 05:05 AM
"Arizona Rob" > wrote in message
news:qVZrb.12769$7B2.3085@fed1read04...
> Looking for trails in the Tucson area. Any information would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Rob

Wouldn't it be cool if you could just go to the intenet and type in
something simple like "mountain bike trails tucson" and get a whole list of
stuff right in front of you? Or even better, if IMBA had trail listings on
line? Hey...maybe someday

Tom

BTW: Does anyone know if Google is publicly traded?

Arizona Rob
November 11th 03, 05:51 AM
Looking for trails in the Tucson area. Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

Rob

Sir Ride-A-Lot
November 11th 03, 11:24 AM
"tcmedara" > wrote in message

> "Arizona Rob" > wrote in message
> > Looking for trails in the Tucson area. Any information would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Wouldn't it be cool if you could just go to the intenet and type in
> something simple like "mountain bike trails tucson" and get a whole list
of
> stuff right in front of you? Or even better, if IMBA had trail listings
on
> line? Hey...maybe someday
>
> Tom
>
> BTW: Does anyone know if Google is publicly traded?

There were rumors about 1.5 years ago that they would IPO. Didn't happen.

bomba
November 11th 03, 12:51 PM
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:24:32 -0500, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>> BTW: Does anyone know if Google is publicly traded?
>>

> There were rumors about 1.5 years ago that they would IPO. Didn't happen.

According the Financial Times, Google is going to float in the early part
of '04 (possibly March). The deal is valued at $15-25 billion and rumours
are that the shares will be traded in an online auction.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Sir Ride-A-Lot
November 11th 03, 03:05 PM
"bomba" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:24:32 -0500, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
> >> BTW: Does anyone know if Google is publicly traded?
> >>

> > There were rumors about 1.5 years ago that they would IPO. Didn't
happen.

> According the Financial Times, Google is going to float in the early part
> of '04 (possibly March). The deal is valued at $15-25 billion and rumours
> are that the shares will be traded in an online auction.
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Online auction for an IPO? The SEC will allow that?

Paul Beakley
November 11th 03, 04:06 PM
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:51:55 -0800, "Arizona Rob"
> wrote:

>Looking for trails in the Tucson area. Any information would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Rob

In Tucson proper, you've got Starr Pass on the west side of the
freeway and Fantasy Island way east and sort of south, down by the air
base. Starr Pass is rockier. Fantasy Island is bike-specific and
potentially very fast.

North of Tucson in Catalina, you have the 50 Year Trail. Super fun.
Super DUPER fun. Probably the best XC-type ride down there. Swoopy,
fast, some climbing, some techie stuff.

Up on Lemmon you have Molino Basin and Prison Camp, short but fun.
Higher up, unfortunately, the fires screwed up the best trails.

Go to any LBS and they'll point you in the right direction. If you
haven't selected a shop yet, e me and I'll recommend a couple.

Good luck,

Paul

Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
(480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell
http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

JD
November 11th 03, 04:31 PM
"tcmedara" > wrote in message news:<z5_rb.5550$5e.2791@lakeread06>...
> "Arizona Rob" > wrote in message
> > Looking for trails in the Tucson area. Any information would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Wouldn't it be cool if you could just go to the intenet and type in
> something simple like "mountain bike trails tucson" and get a whole list of
> stuff right in front of you?

That would be a strange and wonderful thing for sure, Tom.

JD

Arizona Rob
November 12th 03, 09:56 AM
Tom,
Trails advertised via so-call guides rarely live up to their written
descriptions. Take Green Mountain in Kitsap County WA...trail guides are
very generous in their description of this trail...the locals know better.

Now asking if Google has made an IPO....???

"tcmedara" > wrote in message

> "Arizona Rob" > wrote in message
> > Looking for trails in the Tucson area. Any information would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Wouldn't it be cool if you could just go to the intenet and type in
> something simple like "mountain bike trails tucson" and get a whole list
of
> stuff right in front of you? Or even better, if IMBA had trail listings
on
> line? Hey...maybe someday
>
> Tom
>
> BTW: Does anyone know if Google is publicly traded?

JD
November 12th 03, 05:45 PM
"Arizona Rob" > wrote in message news:<CAmsb.14226$7B2.6457@fed1read04>...
> Tom,
> Trails advertised via so-call guides rarely live up to their written
> descriptions. Take Green Mountain in Kitsap County WA...trail guides are
> very generous in their description of this trail...the locals know better.

All of that after you gave Beakley a chance to plug his book...

JD

tcmedara
November 13th 03, 03:31 AM
"Arizona Rob" > wrote in message
> Tom,
> Trails advertised via so-call guides rarely live up to their written
> descriptions. Take Green Mountain in Kitsap County WA...trail guides are
> very generous in their description of this trail...the locals know better.
>
> Now asking if Google has made an IPO....???

Rob,

See Jonesy's posts above in the LV Bike Rental thread, he sums it up well.
Posting a one line question and expecting decent info to come your way is
sorta expecting too much. I can't imagine that too much of the queep that
gets posted here much of the time is worth much more than you pay for it.
At least the larger web sites and hardcopy guides have some marginally
minimal editorial standards. Unlike A-MB. You're right, the locals know
better. And I'm not gonna post directions to the best stuff to the
newsgroups, even if they are widely known and published. If that's the
case, then I have nothing to add.

Reasoned posts seem to get a higher percentage of reasoned responses. I,
for one, find it hard to pass up an opportuntity to be a smart-ass (hence my
original post). I wasn't so much trying to bust your balls as to be funny.
If it happened to be both, oh well then all the better ....

Stick your noggin in a LBS and ask one of the wrenches or sales guys -- I've
found that works well in a new locale. Do some research on-line, then go in
and strike up a conversation. Something to the effect of, "Hey, I've never
ridden here, but read about the "Death Awaits trail." Sounds good, but was
ondering what you guys think." They may end up feeding you buckets of ****,
but that's probably less likely than on AMB.

Hope you find a good ride in Tucson.

And the Google IPO thing ... that was just meant to be funny. If it didn't
translate in print, oh well. I liked it

Tom

Paul Beakley
November 13th 03, 04:17 AM
On 12 Nov 2003 09:45:30 -0800, (JD) wrote:

>"Arizona Rob" > wrote in message news:<CAmsb.14226$7B2.6457@fed1read04>...
>> Tom,
>> Trails advertised via so-call guides rarely live up to their written
>> descriptions. Take Green Mountain in Kitsap County WA...trail guides are
>> very generous in their description of this trail...the locals know better.
>
>All of that after you gave Beakley a chance to plug his book...
>
>JD

WTF? I gave the guy a list of trails and an offer to recommend LBSes
who can provide local knowledge.

p.

Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
(480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell
http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

JD
November 13th 03, 06:23 PM
Paul Beakley > wrote in message m>...
> On 12 Nov 2003 09:45:30 -0800, (JD) wrote:
>
> >"Arizona Rob" > wrote in message news:<CAmsb.14226$7B2.6457@fed1read04>...
> >> Tom,
> >> Trails advertised via so-call guides rarely live up to their written
> >> descriptions. Take Green Mountain in Kitsap County WA...trail guides are
> >> very generous in their description of this trail...the locals know better.
> >
> >All of that after you gave Beakley a chance to plug his book...
> >
> >JD
>
> WTF? I gave the guy a list of trails and an offer to recommend LBSes
> who can provide local knowledge.
>
> p.
>

> Outside America: Mountain Bike America -- Arizona
> Guidebook available at bike shops, bookstores, and online
> (480) 756-2460 | (602) 370-7107 cell
> http://www.mountainbikearizona.com

WTF do you call your sig line? It sure looks like a plug for your book to me...

JD

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home