PDA

View Full Version : Unicycling Footage

zach_jucha
May 19th 04, 01:47 AM
Hey Hey Hey!! It's that time again!

I am going to film the last few shots for my video and then patiently
wait for the people who said they'd send me footage to do so. But
meanwhile, if anyone wants to send me footage of themselves unicycling
to go in a free video that will be publicly released including such
greats as ME, Mike Middleton, David Poznanter, Bevan Gerber-Siff, The
Hell On Wheel Gang, Dan Heaton, Scott Bond, Kris Hellen, Jeff Groves,
Sabin (the man with only a first name!), The New York Unicycle Club, and
smaller appearances by Ryan Atkins, Ben PS, Joey Cohn, and many others
(including a possible appearance by JESS RIEGEL HIMSELF!!), then feel
the freedom to respond and then in turn receive a response from me,
followed by subsequent communication, up until the final sending of the
footage itself. I'm looking for raw footage on a Mini DV tape. And while
I realize this attempt to coerse you into giving me your precious talent
is futile, I proceed nonetheless.

By the way, if you want a copy of this video when it's done, which I'll
charge you shipping for and that's all, you might as well talk about it
here so I get an idea of how many people I'm going to be sending videos
to.

Thanks for your time,
Zachary

--
zach_jucha - Not here

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

tennisgh22
May 19th 04, 01:50 AM
how much is shipping? tho im almost guaranteed to buy... :)

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

andrew_carter
May 19th 04, 02:03 AM
I'm happy to send in some bits and pieces from what I've filmed if you
want it, although with all those amazing riders I don't expect you to.
I'd love a copy either way. Please let us know how the editing is
coming along every now and then. If you do want me to send in
something, is MiniDV the only option or would uncompressed .avi files on
CD be okay?

I think it's great that you're making this free...very admirable.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

hell-on-wheel
May 19th 04, 02:03 AM
Welcome back Zach! How was the tour? Sorry you couldn't get more
footage of the gang, I'll see if they're willing to part with some
footage we already got (Houston's making us our own DVD). I'll
definately be purchasing your video.

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

darchibald
May 19th 04, 02:04 AM
When can we stop submitting footage?

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 3.9

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

James_Potter
May 19th 04, 02:12 AM
I'd send in my footage, but my friend is lazy and won't upload the film
from his camera.... So I haven't seen stuff from two weeks ago yet.

But I would be interested in buying it. Is this the movie for that Fake
Trailer?

--
James_Potter - Rettop_Semaj

-If there was an eleventh commandment, it is to be "thou shalt dip thy
pizza, for it is, wicked."-
--Thedan

daino149
May 19th 04, 03:05 AM
All my footage is on my friend's comp. And his comp is in France at the
moment. It's not all that good anyway. What format is the final video
goign to be? I'd like to get a copy if it's DVD.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino
Sig count: 2
04.05.14 10636
04.05.15 10772
04.05.16 10861

uniextreme
May 19th 04, 03:14 AM
I would definitley like a copy, I would like to send some footage in
also, ecept i use an analog camera then treansfer it into my comp using
this dazzle thing, does anyone know how I could transfer it onto a mini
dv tape, because i know someone that has a mini dv camera so could i try
transfering it camera to camera?

Brian

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuw09 New stuff recently added

Scars are tatoos with better stories
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

zach_jucha
May 19th 04, 03:30 AM
tennisgh22: Inqueries of the postal nature I can not answer at this
juncture. However, I will send out some videos to people without the
charge of shipping: friends, family, people in the video, etc. before I
start sending out videos to everyone and I'll probably be able to
estimate a general charge.

Andrew: MiniDV is preferable, but whatever you can send is fine. I will
be using Final Cut to edit which I've never used before and I don't know
what kind of files it will import. If it can't import .avi files then
VHS will have to do! If even that's possible..?

Frank my good sir, how are you? The tour was magnificent. If possible,
please send some more footage or tell me you're not so I can stop
bugging you. You have my address right?

darchibald: I hope to start the editing process by the end of next month
but if I'm not practiced by then... the month after that.

James: Yes it's the video from the trailer. For those who haven't seen
it I'll spam you with it again! Muahahaha!!!

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albus85

Oh, and email me so I can give you my address so I can get some footage
from you. (my name, zach not zachary,

daino149: It will be in DVD and some in VHS for those not
technologically advanced enough.

Well, who else will reply!? -STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EXCITING ISSUE OF
INTERNET UNICYCLIST MESSAGE BOARDS!!!-

(check out my signature! truly, a signature forged from 4 months
road-type experience.)

--
zach_jucha - back

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar

-I think I see way more penises then I should.-

- Dan Heaton

-God didn't give him brains but he sure gave him talent.-

- Kris Holm's friend Chris as Kris did a huge drop
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

zach_jucha
May 19th 04, 03:34 AM
Egads! I left out a poster!! Well Brian, you can just put your analogue
footage on a VHS tape and send it to me, which is and will remain,
acceptable in cases like yours.

--
zach_jucha - back

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar

-I think I see way more penises then I should.-

- Dan Heaton

-God didn't give him brains but he sure gave him talent.-

- Kris Holm's friend Chris as Kris did a huge drop
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

andrew_carter
May 19th 04, 03:58 AM
Surely Final Cut will be able to import .avi files if Windows Movie
Maker (which is free) can. I'd have thought it would be easier for you
to import footage from uncompressed .avi files than from MiniDV tape.
I'll try to get it on MiniDV anyway. What sort of riding do you want me
to send? There's a lot to choose from because I've been doing lots of
filming lately.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

gerblefranklin
May 19th 04, 04:19 AM
Me wants one! Along with Mike! He has some additional video (of spots we
never hit when you were there) of us on his camcorder, I'll try to get
him to send some of it in. I'm also soon to get my digital camera, which
can do low-quality video. If it turns out to be high enough resolution,
I'll try to send it in. What kind of music will you be using?

Also, when's the deadline for video? Mike and I could possibly get some
more filming in soon. We hit the Berkeley campus, and it rocked. Some
great stuff for video (or not so great, but whatever).

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

HandyAndy
May 19th 04, 04:39 AM
Welcome back! we missed you in Most Replies!

i might be interested in a video when you're done.

--
HandyAndy - AndyAndy

-Andrew Smit-
HandyAndy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3836

shadowuni
May 19th 04, 06:52 AM
i dont think youd put me in, but i have a short clip of me doing a uni
spin. tell me if you want it.

--
shadowuni - Level 5.5 Unicyclist

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
"unless I'm catastrophically off-balance, in which I'll have to hop to
stay up." - gerblefranklin
"I like learning new mounts, they hide the fact that you previously just
screwed up when you were showing off" - Special_liz
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

rusty
May 19th 04, 07:15 AM
I would love to get a copy on DVD if the shipping to Norway isn't too
large

Rusty

--
rusty
rusty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3601

JamesH
May 19th 04, 08:40 PM
Hey Zack, it was pretty weird (and neat!) bumping into you and Kris.
Too bad I wasn't free on the Monday it would have been great to see you
ride but since I wasn't I guess I'll have to wait for the video to come
out =) .... I'm definately intersted in a copy..

--
JamesH - Back into the swing of things
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

sabin_a.
May 20th 04, 01:28 AM
Hey zach,

> Sabin (the man with only a first name!)

Sorry I forgot to tell you, my last name is Arditty. Its is said like,
"RDT". :-)

I will try to get you some footage. I should have some good footage
towards the beggining of Summer. (just to give you a heads up) I will
keep you updated on AOL. Looking forward to how this video will turn out
:-)

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - close to expert

"Is it possible to microwave a burrito so hot that god himself could not
eat it?"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

darchibald
May 20th 04, 01:33 AM
I'd be interested.

edit: in a copy.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 3.9

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Worminton
May 20th 04, 02:14 AM
I'll be making a uni video with some of the people in my area this
Summer. It won't be my first experiance with filming and editing (me and
my friends love to make stupid movies where we make fun of anything) but
it will be my first experiance making a uni video. Any pointers?

--
Worminton - Fo Scnitzel

I will kill the next person that says "Hey where's the other wheel!"
Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

darchibald
May 20th 04, 03:24 AM
Also looking for pointers. My mom just announced shes gonna buy a
digital camcorder, and I can't wait to make a video. Although I'm not
sure how. Thus all pointers and tips are welcome.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 3.9

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

johnglazer
May 20th 04, 03:29 AM
Aww, the mystery is gone! It was fun not knowing Sabin's last name.
Way to ruin everyone's fun, Sabin :D

--
johnglazer - We own you

www.sixsixone.com
johnglazer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3714

zach_jucha
May 20th 04, 08:26 AM
- Andrew, please send whatever you want to go in the video. A mix of
stuff is fine (actually preferable), or if you want one style then
that's cool too.

- Bevan, I should have enough footage of you and Mike but more is
better. If you could get me stuff from Mike's camera (it would be too
low quality off a digital (still) camera) by the end of next month, or
maybe into the month after that depending on when I finish filming my
section, I would appreciate it.

- Sup Andy.

- shadowman, I would really hate for you to do all of that work just to
send me a unispin... sure you don't have any more tricks up that
sleeve!?

- Others, thanks for letting me know you want a copy. I guess the
mailing list will be incredibly short.

- Tips? Make sure 95% of the time you are filming the whole rider and
not just the wheel, then every now and then throw in a -just wheel-
shot. Other then that, be creative.

- Yeah Sabin, -fun-ruiner.-

- Where is Tony Melton when you need him? I need some footage of -that-
guy. In fact, he's the only guy I would actually pay for footage of, or
at least reimberse him for the time and effort spent, the video tape,
and the shipping... and a tip!

--
zach_jucha - back

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar

-I think I see way more penises then I should.-

- Dan Heaton

-God didn't give him brains but he sure gave him talent.-

- Kris Holm's friend Chris as Kris did a huge drop
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

sabin_a.
August 23rd 04, 08:47 PM
Hey Zach,

I thought i would give this thread a little bump.
So how is it turning out? shall everyone hold their breath and wait for
a trailer?:D I'm sure this movie will be super sweet:)

-Sabin Ardity

--
sabin_a. - shooting for expert

"Could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

[...]

PopeSamXVI
August 23rd 04, 11:48 PM
I'm definitely in.

--
PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

PopeSamXVI
August 23rd 04, 11:48 PM
I'm definitely in.

--
[...]

August 26th 04, 02:01 AM
sup doodals

video progress is currently halted for the duration of the next school
semester. haha... YOU THINK I'M KIDDING DON'T YOU!?

with school and work i have no idea how i'm going to be able to film any
more unicycling. i guess i can practice myself silly though in between
classes, and see if i get any time to film. still waiting on a couple of
peoples' footage. only need to film a couple shots of myself, so if i
get those in somehow, i'll start editing in my spare time.

if this works out, expect release possibly around christmas, if not,
expect release sometime after now.

--
zach_jucha - cat eater

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

zach_jucha
August 26th 04, 02:05 AM
oh, and also expect to be paying almost twice as much or so for DVD then
VHS. i'm only taking money to copy the video on to either medium, so
you're basically just paying for whichever one you want and the shipping
costs. people that were in the movie or contributed in any way pay
nothing.

oh, and some other notes. i got the soundtrack figured out and also
sabin will be the star of the movie.

--
zach_jucha - cat eater

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

zach_jucha
August 26th 04, 02:05 AM
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh........

--
zach_jucha - cat eater

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

gerblefranklin
August 26th 04, 02:17 AM
zach_jucha wrote:
> *sup doodals
>
> video progress is currently halted for the duration of the next school
> semester. haha... YOU THINK I'M KIDDING DON'T YOU!?
>
> with school and work i have no idea how i'm going to be able to film
> any more unicycling. i guess i can practice myself silly though in
> between classes, and see if i get any time to film. still waiting on a
> couple of peoples' footage. only need to film a couple shots of
> myself, so if i get those in somehow, i'll start editing in my spare
> time.
>
> if this works out, expect release possibly around christmas, if not,
> expect release sometime after now. *

Hey Zach, I'm currently filming for a "Sponsor Me!" cideo, and if you
want I can send you some of the footage later. Or not, whatever works.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

zach_jucha
August 26th 04, 02:46 AM
bevan - depends on the medium, send me an email sometime.

--
zach_jucha - cat eater

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

sabin_a.
August 26th 04, 03:23 AM
> oh, and some other notes. i got the soundtrack figured out and also
> sabin will be the star of the movie.

I will not be the star of the movie:P,,, I'm sure everyone will have a
totally cool and unique part...I hopw you get some great shots of you:)

-Sabin Arditty

--
sabin_a. - almost expert

"Could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home