PDA

View Full Version : Re: palets

rwander12
May 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
im pretty new to trials and im wondering where i can find palets to
build my own trials course. thanks

--
rwander12 - learning unicyclist

-Robbie Anderson
rwander12's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6051

janklaasclaeys
May 22nd 04, 09:40 PM
I have family, who gave me some palets.
But I think you can find it in some magasins.. Just smile ;) !

--
janklaasclaeys - www.circusplanet.net

Let's go to ALPE D'HUEZ
janklaasclaeys's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3219

hell-on-wheel
May 22nd 04, 10:26 PM
There's always pallets around construction sites. Sometimes they reuse
them so you should probably ask first, unless it's in a dumpster or
something.

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

Tassilo
May 22nd 04, 10:27 PM
I just asked in some building center, if they have gageless palets, who
they can give me. One center said, i can take all the stuff which is
lying on a special place and in another I left my phone number and they
called me when they had some.
In less then a week I think, i had 9 palets.
Actually, i have 13 Palets. 5 of these are real europalets, I bulit 3 of
4 damaged and my neighbor had 2 other.

Just ask and wait and hope :).

greets,
Tassilo

--
Tassilo - Nesthaken
Tassilo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2314

tennisgh22
May 23rd 04, 12:28 AM
try home depot or whatever home improvement stores they have where you
are. they usually have -thousands- :)

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

GTEye
May 23rd 04, 01:43 AM
whats the difference between palets and skids? or are they the same
thing? basically, what IS a palet that everyone keeps talking about?

--
GTEye
GTEye's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4917

bugman
May 23rd 04, 01:53 AM
Pallets are used for transporting supplies, merchandise, boxes, etc...
For example, I got a pallet today that had 30 boxes of various products
that I sell. I get 2-3 a day. Stop by you can have all you want. It
is almost impossible to get rid of them.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

billham
May 23rd 04, 03:33 AM
I get pallets from work. Some I use as is, some I break down and use
the lumber for building other parts of the trials course. There are
lots of different sizes of pallets and lots of good wood in them.

Check out any store or business that often has large heavy deliveries.
Lots of places need to get rid of them and will give them to you. As
stated before, some businesses reuse the pallets, so don't just take
them.

Bill

--
billham

"Watch out for those widow makers!" What I said to chirokid a few
minutes before a widow maker (dead tree) landed on his unicycle
immediately after an UPD.
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

janklaasclaeys
May 23rd 04, 08:31 AM
[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albuv87/sprong.sized.jpg]

These are pallets, isn't it?

--
janklaasclaeys - www.circusplanet.net

Let's go to ALPE D'HUEZ
janklaasclaeys's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3219

spyder
May 23rd 04, 08:52 AM
Yes they are.

--
spyder - Bubbles

There are no stupid questions,
Just stupid people.
spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Gumbo
May 23rd 04, 10:48 AM
Yup, I work for a car parts supplier to the trade, and we get maybe 15
pallets or so a week, with deliverys on top of them.

Anyone that came to ask for them would be given them, indeed would be
pleaded with to take them.

However, do ask, don't just take. We are beginning to get these plastic
pallets now, which are surchargable, ie if you don't return them, you
get charged for them.

If you are in the UK, then there are pallets known as GKN ones which are
usually blue, these are much heavier and stronger than regular pallets,
but again, some companies surcharge these, but not all. If you can, I
would get hold of some of these as they are much much tougher.

--
Gumbo
Gumbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3258

uni412
May 23rd 04, 08:43 PM
I just go to the back of home depot (or any home improvement store) and
take any good pallets I can find. They are happy to get rid of them, but
don't take the ones that say a specific company name on them. Trucks
pick them up and they are reused.

--
uni412 - unicycle fanatic
uni412's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4707

darchibald
May 23rd 04, 11:08 PM
Construction sites and building centres are very good, as well as,
suprisingly enough, grocery stores.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 3.9

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home