PDA

View Full Version : Spoke Gauge Question?

Matt.P.Herbert
May 29th 04, 02:47 PM
How can you tell what gauge a spoke is by looking at it, and does anyone
know what gauge of spoke the 26'' Pashley Muni has as I'm trying to get
hold of some spokes over the internet and it might help if I knew what
size they are and it doesn't give it on the spec on Unicycle.com but
does for the Nimbus Muni which are 14 gauge, but I think that the
Pashley might be thicker than that.

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt.P.Herbert - Muni Hungry Newbie

Two wheels good, Four wheels bad,
One wheel wonderful.
Matt.P.Herbert's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5486

darchibald
May 29th 04, 04:23 PM
Go to your LBS and ask to see a spoke wrench or ring, then just test it
out on your uni.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 3.9

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Matt.P.Herbert
May 29th 04, 07:27 PM
Thanks for that, I have a spoke wrench and had never given it a thought
as to what those numbers around the edge meant, just me being thick I
expect, anyway, its the one marked 13 that seems to fit.

Matt

--
Matt.P.Herbert - Muni Hungry Newbie

Two wheels good, Four wheels bad,
One wheel wonderful.
Matt.P.Herbert's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5486

GizmoDuck
May 29th 04, 08:17 PM
No need to get the same spoke gauge. I rebuilt my Pashley with some
double butted spokes- makes for a lighter wheel.

--
GizmoDuck - Adventure unicyclist

o-kO

Google