PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap - AI works

Chris
November 20th 03, 05:21 AM
So I heard about some lame (or so I thought) 20 questions site...you know
the drill. Anyway, I - of course - tried to stump it with "mountain bike"
and damn if it didn't get it. Here's the transcript...item #1 is the first
question, and so on.

Sorry about the formatted text; I couldn't paste w/o it and I wasn't gonna
type all that up.

I am guessing that it is a mountain bike?
Yes , No , Close

19.

Do you know any songs about it? No.

18.

Does it have buttons? No.

17.

Is it dangerous? Yes.

16.

Is it used by the police? Yes.

15.

Is it considered valuable? Yes.

14.

Can it run fast? No.

13.

Do you use it at night? Doubtful.

12.

Does it have a handle? Yes.

11.

Does it have one or more wheels? Yes.

10.

Can it cheer you up? Yes.

9.

Does it get wet? Yes.

8.

Can it bend without breaking? No.

7.

Is it multicolored? Yes.

6.

Can you hold it? Yes.

5.

Can you use it with your friends? Yes.

4.

Do you use it in your home? No.

3.

Does it have a hole in it? No.

2.

Can it be washed? Yes.

1.

It is classified as Other.

Anyway, thought that was cool.

Chris

Monique Y. Herman
November 20th 03, 10:25 PM
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 at 05:21 GMT, Chris penned:
> So I heard about some lame (or so I thought) 20 questions site...you
> know the drill. Anyway, I - of course - tried to stump it with
> "mountain bike" and damn if it didn't get it. Here's the
> transcript...item #1 is the first question, and so on.

Um, so, what's the site?

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Chris
November 21st 03, 09:24 PM
"Monique Y. Herman" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 at 05:21 GMT, Chris penned:
> > So I heard about some lame (or so I thought) 20 questions site...you
> > know the drill. Anyway, I - of course - tried to stump it with
> > "mountain bike" and damn if it didn't get it. Here's the
> > transcript...item #1 is the first question, and so on.
> >

> Um, so, what's the site?
>
> --

Yeah. Sorry. I had most of a 12 of Newcastle in me.

http://y.20q.net:8095/btest

Here are some things it had to say about mtbs:

Uncommon Knowledge about a mountain bike
Is it a common household object? I say Yes.
Is it used for communications? I say Probably.
Is it small? I say Probably.
Does it have fur? I say Yes.
Can you read it? I say Yes.
Does it have lots of seeds? I say Probably.
Is it known for its ability to dig? I say Yes.
Is it a small mammal? I say Yes.
Is it a member of the cat family? I say Yes.
Does it live in African grass lands? I say Yes.
Is it a mammal? I say Yes.
Does it bark? I say Yes.
Do people own it as a pet? I say Yes.
Is it green? I say Yes.
Is it considered intelligent? I say Yes.
Can it be placed on your head? I say Probably.

Fur? Seeds? Mammal? Placed on your head?

Chris

Monique Y. Herman
November 21st 03, 10:52 PM
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 at 21:24 GMT, Chris penned:

>> Um, so, what's the site?
>>
>> --
> Yeah. Sorry. I had most of a 12 of Newcastle in me.
>
> http://y.20q.net:8095/btest

Okay, that thing is freaky. It guessed "skis" based on ... well, I
don't know what.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.
Whatever it takes, just don't CC me! I'm already subscribed!!

Sorni
November 21st 03, 11:43 PM
"Chris" > wrote in message
link.net...
> So I heard about some lame (or so I thought) 20 questions site...you know
> the drill. Anyway, I - of course - tried to stump it with "mountain bike"
> and damn if it didn't get it. Here's the transcript...item #1 is the
first
> question, and so on

Tried it twice with "saddle", and it didn't come close.

Bill "it got 'gum', though" S.

John Harlow
November 24th 03, 03:37 AM
> So I heard about some lame (or so I thought) 20 questions site...

I tried something I thought was fairly obscure ("Piston"). It correctly
guessed it in 19 questions. Pretty friggin cool!

Westie
November 24th 03, 07:19 AM
Now that's a good one....

19. Can it fit in an envelope? Yes.
18. Can it be painted? No.
17. Would you use it in the dark? No.
16. Is it smaller than a loaf of bread? Yes.
15. Can you touch it? No.
14. Is it usually warm? Yes.
13. Is it annoying? No.
12. Can you hold it? No.
11. Does it move? No.
10. Is it useful? No.
9. Does it have wings? No.
8. Does it live in large populations? No.
7. Is it larger than a microwave oven (or bread box)? No.
6. Does it eat seeds? No.
5. Is it a mammal? No.
4. Can you buy it? No.
3. Does it live in water? No.
2. Can it climb? No.
1. It is classified as Animal.

I am guessing that it is an appendix(internal organ)?
Yes

--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home