PDA

View Full Version : Le Tour

Stuart
July 13th 03, 04:20 PM
Well done ITV. What great sunday viewing.

Andy Koppe
July 14th 03, 11:07 AM
> Well done ITV. What great sunday viewing.

Yeah, not owning a satellite dish, I was really glad ITV put Alpe d'Huez on
live.

But I found the commentators very annoying. They kept on stressing how badly
Armstrong was doing, yet the guy put a minute and a half on Ullrich,
successfully reined in Beloki's attacks, and ended up in the yellow jersey.
Quite impressive for a bad day.

Andy

David Brown :o\)
July 14th 03, 01:23 PM
> Should be on every night IMO.

It is, at around 1.30 - 2.30 on ITV1.

--
David Brown :o)
http://kitemap.co.uk

Arthur Clune
July 14th 03, 01:23 PM
Andy Koppe <a n d y @ d c s . e d . a c . u k> wrote:

: But I found the commentators very annoying. They kept on stressing how badly
: Armstrong was doing, yet the guy put a minute and a half on Ullrich,
: successfully reined in Beloki's attacks, and ended up in the yellow jersey.
: Quite impressive for a bad day.

While impressive for a bad day, it was still a bad day for Armstrong - he
was a lot, lot more dominant on Alp D'Huez before.

He said himself in after-race comments that he wasn't on a good day.
Be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

That was a really, really good stage to watch though

Arhtu

James Hodson
July 23rd 03, 01:04 AM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:51:52 +0100, Trealaw Boy
> wrote:

>I'm sticking with Duffers on Eurosport from now on. He's more even handed, and
>actually their highlights show is much more rounded than the ITV offering. It
>shows more of the racing, with useful after race interviews with a variety of
>riders, not just your Anglophones that you tend to get on ITV.

I've watched every stage of this years' race apart from the TTT and,
in the main, enjoy DD's commentary. He does waffle on a bit at times
though and tends to repeat himself every hour or two, and day by day.
Also, he seems to get a particular bee in his bonnet each year and
carries on about that subject too much, IMO.

Nevertheless, TB, I do like listening to the old so-and-so.

As a comparison I would like to hear the ITV team giving six or seven
hours' worth of live broadcast. Of course, ITV also offers chances to
win a bike or a book. <Phone time>

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg