PDA

View Full Version : Re: A new mobile menace?

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 14th 03, 06:52 PM
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:29:30 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
> wrote:

>I've eno****ered horses on numerous occasions and consider them to be a Work
>of Stan, especially when approached while recumbent.

Ain't that the truth. Especially if the horse in question has
recently been spooked by a CNC.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
Advance notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP.
Obviously there will be a week of downtime between the engineer
removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same
equipment on the same line in the same exchange and billing it to
the new ISP.

Peter Clinch
July 15th 03, 09:12 AM
Dave Larrington wrote:

> I've eno****ered horses on numerous occasions and consider them to be a Work
> of Stan, especially when approached while recumbent.

We obviously get a better class of them around here. Quite common to
come across them while green laneing out in Angus; all the ones I meet
are well controlled and unfazed by me or the 'bent.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Paul Kelly
July 15th 03, 09:34 AM
In . 3.44,
Graeme > typed:
> "Farmer Alfalfa" > wrote in news:3f0da7be@
> 212.67.96.135:
>
>> texting...
>>
>> ...while riding a horse!
>>

> Probably a case of the mode of transport being more intelligent than
> the driver. Mind you, with the engine management systems you get in
> cars these days, that's probably fairly common ;-)

On the south downs over the weekend i came across a few fellow cyclists
whose mode of transport was more intelligent that they were! (overtaking at
speed, clearly nervous cyclists picking a track through a stony track, on
narrow tracks with no warnign of any sort)

pk

Dave Larrington
July 15th 03, 11:15 AM
So there I was, plummetting down a hill on the way home from Dunwich when
into view cometh a WGF[1]. Not wishing Champion to trample all over me and
my expensive bicycle, I anchor up sharply (Hope M4 on the front wheel now,
mmm) and trickle past Trigger at a walking pace...

....unlike the clue-free bonehead in the XJ6 who came close to getting me on
one side and Dobbin on the other. Grrrr. Oh for a gun and a box of
matches.

1 - Walking Glue Factory

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Just zis Guy, you know?
July 15th 03, 01:14 PM
"Dave Larrington" > wrote in message

> ...unlike the clue-free bonehead in the XJ6 who came close to getting me
on
> one side and Dobbin on the other

Happened to me recently - riding up Nine Mile Ride (kids: don't try this at
home) with a couple of ponies coming the other way pulling traps, Captain
Clueless decides that his journey to the next traffic jam is too important
to wait ten seconds, passed us far too close and far too fast, and cut in
sharply to miss the first of the oncoming pony traps. Perhaps he was
concerned that his el-cheapo personalised numberplate may not have got the
message across so we would be in some doubt as to whether he really was a
******. Not after that we weren't.

--
Guy
===